home

Author Topic: The Province of STIRLAND  (Read 117779 times)

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
Re: The Province of STIRLAND
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2010, 04:49:06 AM »
Of course you wouldn't see shoe tying in Nuln!  Most of you have blown your fingers off stirring some batch of crazy.  :lol:  :?  ::heretic::
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Your shoes have been put on backorder. We appreciate your custom.

Hope we are finding you shod,
Stirland

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2010, 07:58:40 PM »
Thankfully, Dr. Ernst von Velcro has being working hard to get around that minor issue.
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2010, 04:15:37 AM »
I must thank this Ernst von Velcro in person, as he keeps more than half of my infantry grounded when the big hand in the sky starts moving them around!  :happy:  By the readings Stirland isn't the poorest place in the Empire, but it doesn't mean we can afford magnets for all our troops...
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Stirland

Offline Erkenbrand

• Members
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2010, 10:28:58 PM »
Stirland isn't poor, it just isn't as 'sophisticated' as other provinces.  :biggriin:

Plus, Sigmar may not come from Stirland, but his descendants did  :closed-eyes:

Offline Hirwain

• Members
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2010, 10:30:44 PM »
Hi

My army is the 13th Division, Stirland Light Infantry, known as the Roosenburg Rangers. Roosenburg is not on the map but  it's a small town on the bank of the  river Stir where the river Aeh joins the Stir on the edge of the Great Forest. My army consists of Stir River Patrol, normal core troops, "mercenary" free companies as detatchements and pistoliers and knights from the Order of the Pierced Heart, a Stirland Order formed during the fighting in Sylvania.
“Ah, yes, mere infantry — poor beggars” Titus Maccius Plautus (c. 254–184 BCE)

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2010, 03:02:42 AM »
Welcome to Stirland!  :happy:
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Stirland

Manfred von Stirland

« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2010, 10:59:06 AM »
Hi guys!

I'm leading the forces of Stirland as well! My general is Manfred von Stirland. :ph34r:

I made a montage from the leaders of my forces and the good citizens of Stirland.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/100822/stirland1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Hope you like 'em !

Offline Dirk Hardpeck

• Members
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2010, 09:32:27 AM »
Greetings fellow Stirland Generals! I have recently stumbled upon this site while looking for Empire battle tactics and have enjoyed everything I've found here thus far ... this  thread being my favorite lol!

Anywho I figured I'd give my specs on my Stirland Army, along with a few pictures of what I have painted. Sorry that the pictures aren't the best, and I have more painted now, just no pictures of them, but I will try to post an updated shot.

NOTE: All the city names can be found in N. Stirland as all in my army hail from that region
ARMY OF NORTHERN STIRLAND
White Wolves: 1st Northern Stirland Calvary Company
1st Gablitz Calvary Platoon (8)
2nd Gablitz Calvary Platoon (8)

Infantry: 1st Northern Stirland Swordsmen Company
1st Zipf Swordsmen Platoon (30)
- 2nd Zipf Halberdier Detachment (15)
1st Marburg Swordsmen Platoon, Stir River Patrol (30)
- 2nd Marburg Halberdier Detachment, Stir River Patrol (15)
3rd Zipf Swordsmen Platoon (30)
-4th Zipf Halberdier Detachment (15)
1st Enzesburg Greatsword Platoon "Death Bringers" (30)
-2nd Enzesburg Handgunner Detachment (10)
-4th Enzesburg Handgunner Detachment (10)

Artillery: 1st Northern Stirland Artillery Company
1st Langwald Artillery Platoon (Cannon & Mortar)
2nd Langwald Artillery Platoon (Cannon & Mortar)
3rd Langwald Artillery Platoon (Helblaster Volley Gun)

General- Hans Von Schroeder
Templar Grand Master- Dieter Steinman
Arch Lector- Bishop Erik Jonas
Warrior Priest- Father Alfons Eckhart
Captain of 1st Zipf Swordsmen- Edmund Voltz
Captain of 1st Marburg Swordsmen (Stir River Patrol)- Dieter Von Alicante
Battle Wizard- Mage Konrad Muller

This is a 3,000 point army I currently play. I know Stirland is suppose to be poor, but I side with the group who says people believe that Stirland is poor because it is old-fashion, rustic, and holds to its traditions. Besides, this is suppose to be a grand warhost for all of Northern Stirland, so there has to be some artillery in there right?  :-D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:17:03 AM by Dirk Hardpeck »
"To me, Sons of Sigmar! For the Empire!!"

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2010, 02:43:28 AM »
As an honorary Knight of Sigmar's Templars of St. Midaski's welcome!  Admiral Flint Ironstag will be happy to resupply your troops with his River Patrol.  Just pay us in shoelaces.
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Stirland

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2010, 06:43:41 PM »
You know what I am tired of? I am tired of the Grand Duchy of Talabecland (and you better remember the full name of the mightiest and largest province in the Empire!) having to always send it troops over into Stirland to clean up their own mess! In fact, that is all the Grand Duchy of Talabecland does is send it troops into other provinces seeing as how we border everyone and our own territory is taking care of.

Still, I can at least understand why Stirland asks for help seeing as how weak and fragile they are. I suppose I, as a good follower of Taal, should take pity on my neighbor Stirlander's as one takes pity on a crippled cousin in the family.

Offline TexasYankee

• Members
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2010, 07:34:14 PM »
You know what I am tired of? I am tired of the Grand Duchy of Talabecland (and you better remember the full name of the mightiest and largest province in the Empire!) having to always send it troops over into Stirland to clean up their own mess! In fact, that is all the Grand Duchy of Talabecland does is send it troops into other provinces seeing as how we border everyone and our own territory is taking care of.

Still, I can at least understand why Stirland asks for help seeing as how weak and fragile they are. I suppose I, as a good follower of Taal, should take pity on my neighbor Stirlander's as one takes pity on a crippled cousin in the family.

Dude, I'm from Reikland, and even I'm not that much of a pompous ass . . . well, OK, maybe a little . . .  :happy:
So, what would you guys do if some dude came at you with a belt that way?
Make sure I've got the safeword memorised.

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2010, 07:35:49 PM »

Dude, I'm from Reikland, and even I'm not that much of a pompous ass . . . well, OK, maybe a little . . .  :happy:

And rest assured good sir, that when Reikland ever asks for help from Talabecland I just laugh hysterically!  :-D

Offline Erkenbrand

• Members
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2010, 09:13:48 PM »
I remember Stirland troops going to aid in the siege of talabheim, but i dont know of one occasion when talab troops aided stirland. They didnt even come to the aid of Graf martin at Hel Fen.

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2010, 01:18:40 AM »
I remember Stirland troops going to aid in the siege of talabheim, but i dont know of one occasion when talab troops aided stirland. They didnt even come to the aid of Graf martin at Hel Fen.

Well uhhhh... you see... the Grand Duchy of Talabecland was... busy. Yeah.

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2010, 01:49:56 AM »

Oh, we are seeing quite a few of your vassals coming over the River Stir of late.  Karl Franz himself mandated it in order to reduce the Talabcland inbreeding and support the widows of our gallant halberdiers who sacrificed themselves for the Empire.  Yes, the politicians have seen to it that your Lords are quite busy in deed...   :laugh:  :wink:
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Stirland

Offline judoonplatoon1

• Members
« Reply #165 on: August 31, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »
 :eusa_clap: :::cheers::: :eusa_clap:
I'm a soul man

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2010, 02:27:05 PM »

Oh, we are seeing quite a few of your vassals coming over the River Stir of late.  Karl Franz himself mandated it in order to reduce the Talabcland inbreeding and support the widows of our gallant halberdiers who sacrificed themselves for the Empire.  Yes, the politicians have seen to it that your Lords are quite busy in deed...   :laugh:  :wink:

Hah, well everyone knows Stirland is the inbred buffoons of the Empire! Besides the women of Talabecland are strong. In fact, when Spring comes around the men don't use mules, they just strap their wives to the plow and let them till the fields!

The women of Talabecland have no use for the Halflings that make up Stirland "Halberdiers."    :-D

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #167 on: September 02, 2010, 01:32:12 AM »
But our 'halflings' sure make use of your women when you're not looking.  :icon_razz:

Good times Talben.  But remember that there's no documentation to prove Stirland inbreeding but plenty for your province ...

There is method to our illiterate madness at times...  :icon_redface:
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Stirland

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2010, 02:45:21 AM »
But our 'halflings' sure make use of your women when you're not looking.  :icon_razz:

Good times Talben.  But remember that there's no documentation to prove Stirland inbreeding but plenty for your province ...

There is method to our illiterate madness at times...  :icon_redface:

You want evidence of Stirland inbreeding? How about when Martin (what sort of name is that anyways?) managed to kill Manfred von Cartsten. Now that was a noble act to be sure, but he didn't find the damn body! He looked for awhile and then just gave up! Why didn't he get his army to look, hell get all of Stirland to look, but no he just gave up and went home thus allowing Von Carsten to rise again. Golf clap Stirland. Golf clap!

That's just the thing with Stirlanders; always lazy and doing a crappy job. In fact, here is Talabecland when we come across work that is half complete (say a badly built building) we call that a "Stirland job."

Stirlander's are just lazy and the story of Count Martin illustrates it perfectly.  :-D

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2010, 02:25:13 AM »
Not all vampires are equal and neither are inbreds.  You missed the part in the story where the count died with the vampire so how could the count search for it?  :laugh:

Manfred died but the count's blood seeped into his husk and revived him.  He ran a way like a whipped dog after his defeat unlike certain regions north of us that run away before taking their licking.
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Stirland

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2010, 02:46:44 AM »
No, no for real that's not the story. Martin killed Manfred, failed to find the body and then added Sylvania to Stirland. Nobody else wanted Sylvania so they let him have it.

Manfred was revived hundreds of years later by a low level necromancer.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2010, 04:19:39 AM »

Knowledge of the Dark Arts! Burn him!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2010, 01:00:57 PM »

That's just a piece of propaganda invented by a wannabe revolutionary and his whacky ethnic dwarf sidekick.

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #173 on: September 16, 2010, 04:53:36 PM »
On a serious note, I was reading some history of Stirland and Talabecland and it seems that after Count Martin slew Manfred he invaded Ostermark to kick Talabecland out and finalize his claim on the Imperial throne. However, the campaign was disastrous and Martin was killed and the Stirland army routed. This all took place 1 year after Hel Fenn which explains why Martin never became Emperor.

I will try and find the source.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2010, 06:38:02 PM »
That sounds similiar to the War of Ostermark Succession fluff.  Did you read it there?  Partly nostalgia I'm sure, but that was my favorite W-E.com campaign.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...