home

Author Topic: The Realm of KISLEV  (Read 37994 times)

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
Re: The Realm of KISLEV
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2008, 09:37:54 PM »
Patsy, you're thinking of Erengrad, the Kislevite port, which was indeed besieged and then assailed by troops from land and sea, as Marauders came from the waters and Hellcannons battered down the walls.  Those events took place in the recent past, during the Storm of Chaos.

The city of Praag came to fame for falling (after a long siege) during the Great War Against Chaos, two hundred years (and change) past.  It was those events that led to the city being corrupted by Chaos, etc.  The army of Asavar Kul then moved on, was defeated at Kislev by Magnus the Pious, and the force of Chaos driven north of Praag again.  The city was so corrupted that it had to be razed to the ground; the Kislevites rebuilt the city atop it, but still experience problems from time to time, and so occasionally portions of the city are destroyed and rebuilt.

During the Storm of Chaos, Praag was besieged by the forces of Archaon, but Kislevite and dwarven forces held the city and it never fell.  Sometime after Archaon was driven out of Sokh, near Middenheim, the Chaos forces at Praag began to break up and the siege was lifted.
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
  • A.K.A Skabilly Takamaster.
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 10:04:27 PM »
Midaski said....

The Empire had employed Kislev units within their ranks for many years, but suddenly some years ago this practise was discontinued in some idiotic edict originating from the city of Nottingham.

I thought this was hillarious :laugh:
From feanor fire heart:

"In west virginia why couldnt they have sex ed and drivers ed on the same day?  Because its too much work for the donkey"

Offline Redhammer

• Members
  • Flagellant at heart
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 08:25:17 AM »
Hmmmm... Thinking of making a Kislev army but do not have enough information about heraldry. Who do the Kilsevites worship? What colours are their flags?  What colours are their uniforms? What symbols are common in their army?

Thanks for any help.
You can say what you want about burglars, but they show initiative, verve, and a willingness to work often unsociable hours.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 04:27:29 PM »
Hiya Redhammer,

I've emailed you info from the GW Kislev booklet from a few years ago.  That was for a 'contingent' idea GW had which died a death, but it gives a fair amount of fluff.

You can use 'true' Kislev units as allies still in friendly games, or you can use the standard Empire List and just make/convert your minis with a Kislev theme ...........

PS. Watch out for Dannyfave - he's a Kislev fanatic and may start stalking you ............  :icon_wink:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 04:35:49 PM »
Already happened, except he initiated the conversation. :-D
From feanor fire heart:

"In west virginia why couldnt they have sex ed and drivers ed on the same day?  Because its too much work for the donkey"

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2009, 07:06:02 PM »
Already happened, except he initiated the conversation. :-D

I'm told the best 'groomers' always give their victims that impression .............

:engel:
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Redhammer

• Members
  • Flagellant at heart
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 11:01:41 PM »
Thank you so much Midaski, but I am thinking of playing my Kislevites with Empire rules.
You can say what you want about burglars, but they show initiative, verve, and a willingness to work often unsociable hours.

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2009, 04:21:16 AM »
ha! groomer............... :engel:
From feanor fire heart:

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2009, 04:24:01 PM »
Thank you so much Midaski, but I am thinking of playing my Kislevites with Empire rules.

It just sucks using your ungols as pistoliers, people don't like it.
From feanor fire heart:

Offline fauthsie

• Members
  • Animosity Team GM
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 02:50:21 AM »
Question....

From a fluff standpoint is there only 1 Gryphon Legion regiment or are their several regiments all going by the same name... Thanks
A new Campaigning home....

http://animositycampaigns.com/joomla

FAUTHSIE CAMPAIGN CONSULTING INC.... I MAKE YOUR CAMPAIGN GO!!!

Offline Gill

• Members
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2009, 03:19:15 AM »
Question....

From a fluff standpoint is there only 1 Gryphon Legion regiment or are their several regiments all going by the same name... Thanks

i would expect that they are a legion of them. With each legion having 5,120 legionaries by late roman terms.

There no true fluff discussing a solid number, but i would say there's around 5000

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re:
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2009, 03:53:49 AM »
Im not sure numbers are the right measurement for fluff, but all I have read suggests that there are many of them, more like a knightly order than a regiment of renown.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline fauthsie

• Members
  • Animosity Team GM
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2009, 08:25:56 PM »
Ok thanks guys.... My kislev stuff has soon appear...
A new Campaigning home....

http://animositycampaigns.com/joomla

FAUTHSIE CAMPAIGN CONSULTING INC.... I MAKE YOUR CAMPAIGN GO!!!

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2019, 11:22:22 PM »
As it happens, I just bought the Kislev Army Booklet for 0,50 Euro in a garage sale (more for nostalgic than practical purposes), and was therefore  intrigued by the previous post. Unfortunately, it turned out to be one of the many spam bots we are facing lately. [Edit: spam post now removed,]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 05:08:45 PM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2019, 01:39:02 AM »
Nothing wrong with buying the booklet though for 0.50 Euro!
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2019, 12:25:52 PM »
Obviously, I could not agree more.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)