home

Author Topic: Talabec Border (US Regional Organization) Attack Port Maw/Morr's Gate!  (Read 56365 times)

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
Ive got a 2k game against chaos today, and had a 2k victory against Ogres yeaterday to report. I dont knowq whats hapening in this region, we started so well, and seem to have alot of generals in the top of the rankings.

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
Scratch my last were now up to 4th in our region, man these ratings go up and down like a bretonian Lady's Chastity belt

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
 :laugh:

Not sure how much good I'll be the next few days as far as battles go.  Maybe able to get something in this weekend with the wifey.  Next weekend though I'll be battling Snagafang, the XO of the US orcs in Maryland.  Should be a good scrap.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline BigDAWGSnaga

• Members
:laugh:

Not sure how much good I'll be the next few days as far as battles go.  Maybe able to get something in this weekend with the wifey.  Next weekend though I'll be battling Snagafang, the XO of the US orcs in Maryland.  Should be a good scrap.

Da Paunch stands ready git! :evil:
BigDAWG
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Week 5 orders are up!  We will be attacking the orc stronghold.  Should be a good fun scrap, something we can all keep a focus on.  This could take us the final 2 weeks to dig them out.

Post all battles at the Tower of Moonrise!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 06:22:17 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline Goomb

• Members
Re: Talabec Border (US Regional Organization) Attack Port Maw/Morr's Gate!
« Reply #330 on: July 25, 2007, 08:03:24 PM »
The deep beating of orcish drums sounded up and down the Talabec River and road, echoing in the deep, lush woods.  The pulsating drum beats served as a beacon in the smoldering ashes of the Great Woods, stopping the ravaging greenskin horde in their tracks.  To the east, wolf and spider scouting parties relayed the news north from the Tower of Moonrise to Gork's Maw:

"The humans are coming!  The humans are coming!"

We are making preparations for you gits!  Come get some!

Goomb

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #331 on: July 26, 2007, 01:30:28 PM »
Stolen from Goomb:

ATTENTION ALL GREENSKINS IN THE TALABEC BORDERS!
Brettonian Merchant Charles de Gullible is moving an important caravan of wine through our region to Talabehiem and needs to have safe passage. As such, the entire Helstrom 4th Army has amassed at the Tower of Moonrise, and in the next two weeks, they are making a massive push north along the river and road to clear the way and destroy Gork's Maw and Port Maw! Scouts, picket lines and concealed CD rocket batteries are the first to be hit from the river and the road.

All battles from all factions involved will be reported at the Tower of Moonrise until further notice. All fluff will indicate that we are repelling Helstrom's 4th and their allies (Brets, Asur, stunties, etc).

We need you now more than ever! Kill those who oppose us! The rankings in the region will determine the fate of this epic battle! Also, this assault may trigger Da Eye of Mork!

Da Eye of Mork
On a mountain top somewhere in the Great Forest a secret gathering of Shamans is taking place. Smoke fills a dark cave as dozens of fires burn the offerings collected over the last few weeks. A hunched figure steps up onto a podium made from a broken and defiled Dwarf Oathstone and pulls back his hood: The face of the Goblin Great Shaman is cracked, wizened and scared, one eye is missing and half his right ear is bitten off. He shakes a rattle made from the teeth of butchered enemies and starts a low grumbling chant. The others move into rough concentric circles around him, each Greenskin holding a powerful totem or effigy aloft. The gathered Orc and Goblin Shamans slowly join in with the chant and as it builds in volume it also builds in tempo. Faster and faster the chant goes, driving the Shamans into a frenzy so that several of them vomit green lightning and smoke pours from their ears and noses. At the back of the cave a few of the young, less experienced Shamans drop lifeless to the ground as their heads explode with a dull thump, in a shower of bone, gristle, brains and blood. Others spin around in wide circles, their last visions are of the Da Big Zoggin Effigy to the North, before their heads explode as well!The most powerful Waaagh! Magic spell in all Greenskin history is about to be cast.

Keep fighting Ladz! All is not lost and the Orcs are making their push now! Two weeks of hard fighting, lets leave a lasting impression on da 'Umies! Waaaaaaaagh!

not together.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #332 on: July 27, 2007, 11:46:49 AM »
I personally will be writing fluff this week (if I get a battle in) about my troops having prayer vigils and hoping that Luthor Huss is successful, that we may be able to reunite with the Dwarfs.  It's late in the game and no one has to do this, but I would encourage it.

not together.

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
« Reply #333 on: July 27, 2007, 04:17:20 PM »
Dag nab it, had 2 victories, against Dwarfs and Lizzys, yet my score is dropping? Your score seems to go up more if they are a member of the campaign or have their ID number.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #334 on: July 27, 2007, 04:19:56 PM »
Yeah, it's a weird system.  You get docked for losing. :icon_rolleyes:  I've got a worse rating then some who have only played a couple of games, and let's just say I've played more than 2!

not together.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #335 on: July 27, 2007, 04:29:35 PM »
Mark, if your opponents had lower scores than you, and you didn't get a massacre, then your score can go down (happened to me).

The scoring system is based on the ELO chess ranking system.  You can look it up on wiki if you want details.  But the short version is.. until you've played a reasonable amount of games it is not accurate.  And even then the ratings only really make sense if you compare your scores to someone in the same playing group.
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
« Reply #336 on: July 27, 2007, 06:08:32 PM »
The thing is and casting no aspersions here, but... when I play someone and ask them if there in the nemesis crown they say yes. I whop em good and low and behold they dont know there ID number or army name :roll:

So appart from Orky gut I played 4 times, the rest go down as "Unregisterd Army", so my score goes down.

Still what was that "Its not the winning its the taking part"
  :engel:

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #337 on: July 27, 2007, 06:13:44 PM »
Yes, well, that sounds rather unsporting Mark.

Next time swap numbers before playing?

Note that its just your personal score that goes down, your victories still count for our faction.
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline embir

• Members
Scratch my last were now up to 4th in our region, man these ratings go up and down like a bretonian Lady's Chastity belt
:laugh: That goes to my signature....
man these ratings go up and down like a bretonian Lady's Chastity belt

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #339 on: July 27, 2007, 06:52:03 PM »
We're trailing the orcs guys!  We can't lose this when we have an offensive against them.  I'm going to get some games in this weekend.  Keep up the pressure, we'll drive these foul beasts from our lands!

not together.

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #340 on: July 29, 2007, 02:39:38 AM »
The 28th of July

To the Noble Lord General Wissenlander

I have the honor of reporting two satisfactory engagements in the vicinity of the abomination known as Gorks Maw.

I am pleased first to state that the Elector Count Theodoric Gausser has consented to loosen his purse strings, probably realizing I had too strong a force to insure my annihilation, but to weak to earn any glory for Nordland.  The additional force, while meager along with a slight reorganization has greatly strengthened the Nordland Expeditionary Force.  My BSB thoroughly demoralized by his injuries of two weeks ago has been sent to recuperate at Madam Rosalita's.  In his place, I have been joined by my old comrade Skeeve the Adequate giving us 7 DD and 8 PD (not to mention the Rod of Power).   

The additional units included a Great Cannon (good fellows but a bit exuberant with the powder), an additional Prophet of Doom for the Ulricans (so they can keep up with the Sigmarites) and a band of Pistoliers.  I had misgivings about the Pistoliers, as I have seen so many of dashing young souls earn a premature visit to Mor's garden. 

I have come to the conclusion that the Archer Detachments screening the Greatweapons were more trouble then they're worth.  So I consolidated the units, gave them a raise in pay and the new title of Huntsmen.  They were so pleased, that after an hour spent revising their resumes, they gave a exemplary performance.

On to the engagement.

Round One:  Against Chaos Mortals Near abandoned Coaching Inn.  Blacksmith shop on the left, Coaching in on the right.  Ulricans on the left. Sigmarites on the right with cannon on wooded hill behind Coaching Inn.  Huntsmen sheltering behind Inn. 

It is strange to say that I have never before had an opportunity to battle Chaos in any form.  The army had two units of 20 Warriors, two bands of 25 Marauders, two squadrons of knights, three Chariots, and group of Marauder horsemen.  Aside from the General, he only had one outclassed teenyweeny scroll caddy.  :icon_twisted: 

Discovering a incantation in the BRB to allow me the opportunity to choose different lores before a battle I decided to experiment and choose the Lore of Metals while Skeeve tried the Lore of Heavens.

The first two turns were relatively uneventful.  The cannon overshot a charriot twice, the Huntsman occupied the Coaching Inn which march blocked his left flank.  I with magic I was able to significantly damage the nearest unit of Warriors bring it down to half strength.  A unit of Knights engaged my Ulrican Lunetics on my left and a Charriot hit the Sisters of Sigmar. The third crashed head long into my unit and, dare I say it into me!  :Ohmy: We are able to survive the attacks directed at me (thanks be to Sigmar and his Holy Relic) and after two rounds of combat we destroyed the chariot   

Turn three I move a unit of Knights in position to countercharge in support of the Ulrican Lunetics and am able to charge the second knights into the Chariot attacking the Sisters.  However, a unit of Chaos Knights with the General is behind the Ulrican Knights and a Charriot is posed to hit the flank.  The Cannon has a flank shot at the Chaos General and only overshoots slightly missing the General but killing three knights.  The General fails the panic check flees into my knights for a crossfire distruction.  The chariot threatening my knights flank also fails it's panic check and flees.  A unit of warriors fails a panic check from magic and also is in flight.  I must stop here to give thanks to Sigmar (or Ulric).  In turn Four, the Chaos General's son walks over and the father explains the calamity that befell the Cannon shot.  The son says "Dad, you do remember you can re-roll psychology tests, don't you?"  Too late to go back.

At the end of turn 4, he concedes.  I have both Units of Flagellants down to less the half strength and Skeeve took a wound from a miscast yielding a total of 212 Points 1291 from him.  This would be a solid victory but consessions are recorded as Massacres. The Flagellants are happy with the victory, but a bit annoyed that they survived to see it.

Round Two:  Same table.  Against the Son's Tomb King Army.  King, Hirophant & Prince, King with Tomb Guard Hirophant with Large block of Skeletons, Prince with one of two units of Chariots.  12 heavy cavalry, Bone Giant, Screaming Skull Catapult, Unit of 10 archers, 1 Scorpion 2 stands of swarms.  My deployment identical to Round One.  Magic Lore of Light for both.

I wont go into all of the details, but there are a few highlights.  After the last of the Sisters of Sigmar died fighting the bone giant I threw everything I had from Skeeve and 8 shots from Pistoliers to try to keep it from hitting my flank, but it still had one wound.  The Huntsmen fired 9 shots at point blank range, giving thre wounds.  They also took out the three remaining Tomb Guard allowing me to kill the King with a cleansing flare on turn 4.  They earned their pay raise.  The Ulrican Detachment of nine Swordmen took on the two bases of Tomb Swarms in a strait up fight and prevailed losing only one man.  The Sigmarite Detachment fled on purpose against a charge by the heavy cavalry and never rallied, but the the set up the distruction of that unit due to the failed charge.

At the end of Turn 4, he conceded with my yielding 537 points to his 1377.  It would have been a solid victory will report to GW a Massacre*.  Both units of Flagellants died to a man (or Women), one unit of knights, the cannon crew eaten by the Scorpion, and the fleeing Sigmarite Detachment.  I am extremely pleased, and more than somewhat surprised, that the dashing young Pistoliers survived both battles. 

The small changes made to my list have greatly improved it's effectiveness.

I look forward to having the opportunity to meet in person next weekend in the establishment known as Dream Wizards.

Your Humble & Obedient Servant

Rufas the E.

*Perhaps the Coaching Inn should be named Alice's Restaurant Masacre (in four part harmony)  :engel:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 03:31:20 AM by Rufas the Eccentric »
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #341 on: July 29, 2007, 05:07:36 AM »
Littering. :biggriin:

Way to go Rufas! 

Ya like those Huntsmen, do ya?  Named mine the Wreckers and we've had a blast! 

I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #342 on: July 30, 2007, 12:07:53 PM »
Herr Rufas,

It does me well to hear of your great victories.  Our troops need the good news, so far the attack isn't going as well as I had hoped.  Those blasted Chaos Dwarfs alerted the greenskins in time enough so that we could not sweep them aside. 

My troops have been delayed somewhat.  I unfortunately could not persuade the men to move quick enough to march to the field.  The Altdorf 'Transformation' Contraption put on quite a show on Friday night.*

I look forward to our meeting in the coming days.  I will send word of greater detail when it manifests itself.

O.v.B.

*http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=16091.0

not together.

Offline Father Gabe

• Members
« Reply #343 on: July 31, 2007, 03:45:43 AM »
Gentlemen,

My Mordheim Company are back and up and running (GW and I figured it all out) and will be heading to the port to cause some hell with the Chaos Dwarves (who happen to be ogres, orcs and slaanesh in my area).  Ive got some more reinforcements in the form of giants.  After we win the port, we will be heading to Vrathgar’s Monolith (next GW event).  I must report our resounding success at the Hanging Tree (last GW event) and I will be posting a battle report/fluff soon...Whew.  After we win at those locations for the Emperor, I will see to it my troops make way to whatever battle ground you need me at (particulary LA Gamesday).
Father Gabriel
Mordhiem Host, Helstrom's 4th
Bearer of the Crimson Ribbon,  The Eagle of Martin Stirland, Rainer's Mantle of Iron, Bleucher's Exalted Commendation, Keeper of the Scroll of Ludendorf

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #344 on: July 31, 2007, 04:22:23 PM »
Gentlemen,

My Mordheim Company are back and up and running (GW and I figured it all out) and will be heading to the port to cause some hell with the Chaos Dwarves (who happen to be ogres, orcs and slaanesh in my area).  Ive got some more reinforcements in the form of giants.  After we win the port, we will be heading to Vrathgar’s Monolith (next GW event).  I must report our resounding success at the Hanging Tree (last GW event) and I will be posting a battle report/fluff soon...Whew.  After we win at those locations for the Emperor, I will see to it my troops make way to whatever battle ground you need me at (particulary LA Gamesday).

Hell yeah!
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #345 on: July 31, 2007, 08:55:38 PM »
I guess real life is catching up with us.  Our effort has seemed to dwindle in the last couple of weeks.  Unless something drastic happens, I think the orcs have thwarted our initial assault.

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #346 on: July 31, 2007, 10:50:21 PM »
It doesn't matter if they did.

We assaulted them, luckily not the other way around!  We saved lots of civilian lives.
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #347 on: August 01, 2007, 12:28:27 PM »
Rough week.  Our assault has been repulsed.  Orders will come shortly, stand by.

not together.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #348 on: August 03, 2007, 11:47:18 AM »
My apologies for not posting anything regarding orders.

We've been beaten back by the orcs, they scored higher than us last week in the region.  Now we're on the defensive.

Continue to post your battles at the Tower of Moonrise and write reports about getting aid from our allies (all of them) in a relief effort.

If you have a chance to play at a megabattle this weekend, take it!

not together.

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
« Reply #349 on: August 03, 2007, 06:11:37 PM »
2 Victories reported, 1 vs wood elves at 2K a very tough game against a VERY good player, and a victory against Skaven with lots of ogres, a massacre. Will try to get some more games in before Weds.