home

Author Topic: New Feature  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
New Feature
« on: May 27, 2007, 03:36:33 PM »
There is often discussion about which Province or City State army is the best - now all members have an opportunity to show their allegiances, and our new members or guests will be able to guage the support straightaway.

Our Welcome to the Empire Board now has a Poll where you can vote for your favourite.

Wait, there's more!  - There are also individual threads for each of the Provinces and City States, (and a couple of others too :icon_wink:) where you can 'ally' with the other Generals from your particular favourite.

Check it now. Oh, and you can also read the other stickies about the site guides as well.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
Re: New Feature
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 11:23:31 PM »
Such a good idea.

It will probably take some time until we all get used to it and submit the stuff in the appropriate threads, but this could improve even our already excellent fluff-collection.

I remember that Rightnow once started a thread with landscape pictures for each province:

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=14623.0

Whatever happened to that? While not "official", it would make a great addition to your first post in each thread.

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
  • Stirland River Patroler
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 08:15:13 AM »
We should also get a few pictures of models from each province. The colour scheme is a very persuasive point in chosing an army.

Mr.Anderssen

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 10:15:33 AM »
I remember that Rightnow once started a thread with landscape pictures for each province:

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=14623.0

Whatever happened to that? While not "official", it would make a great addition to your first post in each thread.

Absolutely - I PM'd him about using them a while back, and he had agreed - just need to sort out tech things like hosting them that I do not understand. :icon_wink:

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 10:23:13 AM »
We should also get a few pictures of models from each province. The colour scheme is a very persuasive point in choosing an army.

Mr.Anderssen

Well we've provided the foundations - it's now up to the members to develop the individual threads.

I see discussions and information exchanges about history/fluff/unit composition/painting tips and schemes for a start.

Some photos are expected, of paint jobs, and modelling, but I think we would prefer it if members used the gallery for large sets and posted links.

I know Fr1day was working on an army list for Wissenland which was looking good, but he's gone quiet. :icon_question:
It's another idea familiar to those of you who participated in the site Campaign about Ostermark, where rufus did some themed lists for Stirland, Talabecland and Middenland relevant to both the province's culture and the time period.
'Alternative' army lists for a particular province could be quite fun, both for civil war battles or just normally against other races.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 10:26:07 AM by Midaski »