home

Author Topic: Dawrf Cheese  (Read 9879 times)

Offline machine-child

• Members
  • The Honorary Asian
Re: Dawrf Cheese
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 08:58:52 AM »
This is fairly close to a case of Threadomancy machine-child.  Better hope the inquisition isn't watching!

Hey, it was still on the first page so i figured... might bring it up for the good of everyone. Threadomancing is not necessarily a bad thing.
The 5 halberdier detachment is there for 2 reasons.  Fanatic bait, and I had no where else to spend the points.

Offline Blood axe the Slayer

• Members
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 09:12:20 PM »
Also as far as i know a banshee can only scream when she enters the combat with a charge but not in subsequent turns.

I'm afraid that's not true, she can (pardon the pun) 'carry on screaming' as long as she wants in CC.

And as for that Dwarf list, It's just the expected army composition round my house. I will never forget the battle where the dwarf player shocked me to the core by

a) bringing infantry units
b) ACTUALLY moving them!

With the current army book how it is and GW's blatant favouritism towards the stunties (the rules for the Organ gun are insane!) I have developed a deep deep hatred of the race and face the prospect of a battle against them as a chore instead of a fun game of WFB that I so love and enjoy.

The irony is that if my Dwarf opponent were to bring his other army instead, he would be fielding that tactically diverse, fun army....................Brets!

Thankfully I have Veldemere to fight reguarly, I so love it when he fails his Fear tests!  :icon_mrgreen:

LMAO!
Yes, GW blatantly favors Dwarves.  :icon_lol:Check out the rules for "Rangers" and get back to me.

The Helblaster got nerfed, thats too bad. The Dwarves have an Organ gun, so what? I don't hear any Empire players talking about getting rid of the War Altar. Of course thats very fairly balanced, right?? :icon_lol:

Yes, its very intelligent to take all infantry in a Dwarf army without Strollaz or an Anvil. M3 and I2, -1 pursue/flee opens up all kinds of tactical options. :icon_lol:

Not all Dwarf armies are "cheesey" just as not all Empire armies are. The potential is there for ALL armies. I play a pretty balanced Dwarf army.

This was good for a laugh anyway.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 01:27:53 PM »
The inquisition are always watching, they even have a special division whose sole purpose is to watch the inquisition watching to make sure they are.

but......

who will ensure they are watching the inquisition watching.........

Quick we need to hire more inquisitors!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2007, 03:55:51 PM »
The inquisition are always watching, they even have a special division whose sole purpose is to watch the inquisition watching to make sure they are.

but......

who will ensure they are watching the inquisition watching.........

Quick we need to hire more inquisitors!
Now wait a tic, if we get a budget increase its going to the Inquisitions recreational service budget... We need to show the Empire our lighter side to...  :happy:
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2007, 06:15:55 PM »
hmmmm taking care of your own greed before the greater need, how very evil. Welcome to the Inquisition.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2007, 11:24:36 PM »
hmmmm taking care of your own greed before the greater need, how very evil. Welcome to the Inquisition.
BAH! We are not Evil!?

We are morally exempt  :closed-eyes:
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves