home

Author Topic: List of 50(!!!) Knightly orders from official sources. Updated 8/11  (Read 39630 times)

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
Re: List of 50(!!!) Knightly orders from official sources. Updated 8/11
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 08:05:44 PM »
Sorry missed that  :icon_redface:
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 12:16:25 AM »
As regards the Osterknacht - they are (were?) the premier knightly order of the Ostermark.  In essence, as I understood it from Claws of Chaos, they are something like the Reiksguard is to the Reik, only for the Ostermark.  Same colors (Maroon and Yellow) as the Province, headquartered in the capital, etc. 

However, the Claws of Chaos is set during the Time of Three Emperors, so what the Order's been up to since then is anybody's guess.  It's probably safe to say that they're still around, though.
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline burad

• Members
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 04:10:54 PM »
Really excellent effort.  The only other thing that would be really good to see would be a listing of knightly orders by province. 
That would help a lot for those folks who are building an army for a particular province, as they would know which orders they would normally have available locally. 

Offline Otaku

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2008, 04:25:25 AM »
@ Burad
I wanted to add that information but only a handfull of orders mention where they are from. And those are the most famous orders that everyone already knows. So rather than make a very short list by Provence with many Provence's left out, I just added where the order is from (for the few that I know) in the information I wrote for each one.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 04:27:46 AM by Brian Lee »

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2008, 05:19:04 PM »
Really excellent effort.  The only other thing that would be really good to see would be a listing of knightly orders by province. 
That would help a lot for those folks who are building an army for a particular province, as they would know which orders they would normally have available locally. 
If memory serves me right, most orders are not province or city specific, and on occaision not even restricted to the empire.  I remember a bit of fluff in one campaign where on of the characters was commander of the White wolves of Kislev. I dont remember the name of the campaign but they were on a big river boat called the leopold, it looked a lot like a Mississippi river boat and had deck plans and everything.  Also the old rules used to have a clause that when different armies allied together that units from the same order of knights would band together to form one unit.  So I reckon that, as long as the order is not restricted to one place, such as the Reiksquard Knights, they can be anywhere.  Also the grand master has the power to loan his knights out to others who might be serving his (needs?) desires.  So with the appropriate bit of fluff you can field just about anything at all.  How many gmes have the Reiksguard been fielded without the emperor present?  Steveb

Offline One of these days...

• Members
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2014, 11:52:49 AM »
Thank you very much sir! I been looking for a reason to take my knights panther models and find a reason not to make them the knights panther. Knights Jaguar they are then  :biggriin: