home

Author Topic: Your Mom's Army-- Gamezone Miniatures  (Read 61840 times)

Offline Your Mother

• Members
Your Mom's Army-- Gamezone Miniatures
« on: March 26, 2008, 12:35:29 AM »
Hello everyone I finally took pictures of my army. Just to let you know I'm 15 years old and I've been playing Warhammer for i think a little over a year. Now for the army background. I really hate fantasy (yeah i Know its Warhammer Fantasy Battles) so i tried to keep to a historical theme. I'm trying to do a more Mediterranean feel to my guys (I'm Sicilian so i painted using the Sicilian colors). I'm a big history buff. Any units or guys with the red/yellowish colorscheme were painted after Christmas. its pretty easy to tell which units i painted when i first started playing. The yellow is actually a little more orangish than how they look in the pictures.  Sorry bout the size of pics.                                   
                                                                                                                                  Thanks
Some spearmen and militia gonna be used for detachments now

Knights

swordsmen

Some guys i wanna use as heros or something and xbows

Artillary and suicide monkeys

Alcatani (favorite unit) and half of my Pizarros (i got 40 of them)

20 more Pizarro and some Bretonnians

My General
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 04:46:00 PM by Your Mother »
I like cheese.            My Army Blog: http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=21327.0

Offline steveb

• Members
Re: Your Moms Army
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 01:17:27 AM »
hey your mother, pretty good paint job on your army, liked the homemade movement trays and some of your scenery is pretty neat also. You seem to have developed a style of painting already, it usually take new painters several years of experimentation to get to the point where you are now. There is nothing wrong with your painting skills, Keep going and you will get better and better.  I look forward to seeing more stuff from you.  steveb

Offline offroadfury88

• Members
  • Und die Vögel singen nicht mehr
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 06:04:29 AM »
Wow you have some pretty sweet old models in your collection mom. I really like the way you painted them! keep posting pictures! :biggriin:
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
 -The Buddha

An act of kindness surpasses a thousand prayers
 -Sa'di

Offline CaptScott

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:14:00 AM »
Fantastic, I wish I could paint as good as you when I was 15.

Thanks for posting, its stuff like this that makes me keep coming back!

:eusa_clap:
2010 - The year of Empire.
2011 - The year of Empire!

Offline Shadowwolf

• Members
  • Post quality makes you a veteran gamer!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 07:44:11 AM »
Ooooh! Nice stuff!

And now we can all say "Your mother painted better than you at 15 years age!" to anyone we dislike, and it would be true!  :smile2:

Shadowwolf
On the right only red, to your left all is white
Ev'ryone's holding, stay in the fight!
White to the right side, left only red
Run like the others, or you'll end up dead!
Talabheim State Troop proverb
Deviantart? http://dlshadowwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 07:57:06 AM »
Tu sei Siciliano? hehe so you are my next door neighbour  :mrgreen:.  Cool army by the way.  I like the dogs of war but for some reason which I fail to point out,I feel that the Bretonnian men at army fit awkwardly  :|. Nice colour scheme and terrain too.  :::cheers:::
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 08:39:14 AM »
Looks pretty good, but what time period are you going with?
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 12:09:22 PM »
Looks pretty good, but what time period are you going with?

Im trying to stay within the years 1450-1530. The Pizarros are a little past that but i had to get them b/c i got all 40 of em for $20.
there will be more pics soon i gonna start painting 16 handgunners and 16 spearmen. Actually i did a test model for the handgunners but he got cut off in the pictures. He was next to the bretonnian horsmen in the 5th picture
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 12:15:17 PM by Your Mother »
I like cheese.            My Army Blog: http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=21327.0

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 12:14:14 PM »
Hi Your Mother,

There's something wrong with the "More Pizzaros and Bretonnians" pic - I have tried to fix it but unsuccessfully.

Perhaps you can go and edit the original post yourself
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 12:17:08 PM »
yeah the pic didnt work for that but the one under the box with the red x is the right picture,

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 04:29:22 PM »
great work, and lovely to see such an impressive army painted up in a little over a year!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 04:34:07 PM »
Hi Your Mother,

There's something wrong with the "More Pizzaros and Bretonnians" pic - I have tried to fix it but unsuccessfully.

Perhaps you can go and edit the original post yourself
lol, at first I thought you added the 'My General' one as a joke :roll:

Very Cool army, I first saw your name and my initial thought was "oh great..." but you seriously surprised me with mature, thought out posts and an incredible paintjob and army

The banners look amazing too, is it free-hand?

:::cheers:::
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 05:24:37 PM »
Wow! Awesome army! Your painting is definitely a lot better than mine was a feter a year... But then again I was 7 after my first year of WHFB. Seconded on the banners. Also, I like how you blend the old with new models, it looks really nice. Are you going to use the monkeys as martyr markers for you flaggies (yet to come)? I think they would be very good for that!
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Alexander de Wissont

• Members
  • Missing our most Eccentric member, a great man
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 05:26:10 PM »
Wow! Awesome army! Your painting is definitely a lot better than mine was a feter a year... But then again I was 7 after my first year of WHFB. Seconded on the banners. Also, I like how you blend the old with new models, it looks really nice. Are you going to use the monkeys as martyr markers for you flaggies (yet to come)? I think they would be very good for that!
7 years old? I thought WF was 12+
Everything in one way or another references Monty Python
Rufas the Eccentric.RIP

Offline Hooch

• Members
  • Formerly Hoochlander
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 05:58:22 PM »
7 years old? I thought WF was 12+

I think that's only a suggested age, I started when I was 9/10, it hasn't scared me, much  :icon_evil:

I'm 16 now, so about your age, Your Mother, and you're painting is much better than mine, but then again, I lack the patience needed.

I like your army a lot  :biggriin:

Thanks

Hooch

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 06:10:36 PM »
Thanks for all the compliments guys. :-D But to answer some questions...

[Are you going to use the monkeys as martyr markers for you flaggies (yet to come)?/quote]
No im not going to have any flaggies in my army, just not my style. im still trying to work out some rules for the monkeys maybe ill ask that in the Electors Forum.

[The banners look amazing too, is it free-hand?/quote]
Most of them are. except for the DOW ones and militia, they're paper. I just paint the base colors and add a decal. The decal on the swordsmen flag is actually 30yrs. old.

And here are some greatsword that i forgot to take a pic of, and a test handgunner.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 07:16:01 PM »
can I just ask, what is the deal with the general?
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 07:40:33 PM »

Thats a figure i got in 5th grade. His name is Alfonso. Stats Ws-10 Bs-10 s-10 T-10 W-15 I-10 A-15 Ld-unbreakable and causes terror :evil:

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 07:41:40 PM »

Thats a figure i got in 5th grade. His name is Alfonso. Stats Ws-10 Bs-10 s-10 T-10 W-15 I-10 A-15 Ld-unbreakable and causes terror :evil:

Well, I don't know about the rest of his stats, but he certainly looks like he causes terror!  :engel:

:::cheers:::
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline Your Mother

• Members
Re: Your Moms Army (Update 3-28)
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 12:51:24 PM »
Just thought i wuld give a small update. I pretty much finished my new general, xcept i forgot to put sand on the base before i primed it. :eusa_wall: but its no big deal. im pretty happy with how he turned out, esp. the armour. I had a hard time trying to focus the camera so sorry about the blurryiness.

General -right side, I tried to do a design on the lance but i didnt work so well.

General-left side i happy with the letters on the shield but its kinda hard to see.

My next units that I will hopefully start soon.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 03:23:36 PM »
Nice work on the new general man! I also like the armour and the thing you did on the hilt of the lance. There is just one thing: he doesn't seem to have been shaded. If he hasn't, I recommend doing so, it's not at all hard. Just keep some tissue at hand to suck up the excess water and all the water if something goes bad.

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2008, 05:47:36 PM »
Obi: yeah he's been shaded using black ink. its not so easy to see in the pictures. You can see where the ink dried on the horse's armour in the second pic.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 09:11:24 AM »
Yes, I see it now too. Keep up the good work man!

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Your Mother

• Members
Re: Your Moms Army Log (Update 5-2)
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 02:38:42 AM »
Well here are some handgunners I just finished. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. I was actually going to post them after I painted a standard bearer and musician, but I actually kind of got my  hand messed up bad a couple hours ago so I'm not sure when I will paint them. I'll update this soon though. Well comments and criticism are welcome.

This guy i'm especially proud of... He must have been in the circus before the army. :biggriin:

« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 01:07:41 PM by Your Mother »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 03:25:32 AM »
I like the Alcatani, Pizarros, and Bretonnians. :icon_cool:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra