home

Author Topic: Shermie's Carroburg Army Blog  (Read 4522 times)

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
Shermie's Carroburg Army Blog
« on: May 19, 2008, 03:30:10 PM »
Seeing as i've been putting a lot fo extra work into my army as of late and really churning stuff out I though I might as well start an army blog. The army is obviously Carroburg themed and you can read some backround below.

The Prince

Ferdinand III was the first of three sons to Prince Ferdinand II of Carroburg. Growing up alongside his brothers Franz and Rustov, Ferdinand clearly excelled academically and appeared to be the perfect successor to his father. Until, in his seventeenth year he accidentally killed the Nephew of Boris Todbringer in a drunken duel.

He was instantly cut off from the family, and sent off to join the priesthood. Ferdinand’s heart was broken by this abandonment and he became bitter and vengeful. Over the next fifteen years he plotted, betrayed, and murdered his way to the position of Lector. Still he was not content. Soon his father would have to be succeeded by one of his two untarnished sons. Ferdinand would have his vengeance.

Rustov, the youngest of the brothers was killed when his musket mysteriously exploded while hunting boar. As Franz was leaving for Altdorf, his father was found stabbed to death in his bed chambers. Franz was stopped en route, and when his carriage was searched a bloody knife and several heretical tomes were found hidden within. He was tried and found guilty of heresy and regicide by and outwardly lugubrious Lector Ferdinand. Even as his brother begged for his mercy and was roasted alive at the stake, not a quiver of emotion could be seen on Ferdinand’s face.

His mother was found swinging from a noose on the northern wall of the keep. It appeared that she had committed suicide out of despair and shame.

Ferdinand, now the only living member of the royal family, was coronated Prince of Carroburg, and canonized for having the strength to punish his own brother for his heinous crimes.

Soon after, Ferdinand replaced his family’s coat of arms with one of his own design. On it is an armored leg crushing a serpent that is simultaneously sinking it’s teeth into the calf of the leg, below this reads “Nemo me impune lacessit”. He also removed any mention of his family from the imperial library and issued a general decree that they not be spoken of.  Few realized that Ferdinand had become one of the more powerful and influential figures in the empire. The Prince-Lector of Carroburg.

During his time in the church The Prince has collected a small handful of devoted followers. Reinhard Gausser is an inquisitor within in the church and, while not corrupt, is known to be somewhat excessive in fulfilling his role and thus easily manipulated by Frederick. Ignacious Oberst is concernedly corrupt and sadistic. It is rumored that he keeps a small stock of prisoners at his home to be used in his personal torture room. Franz Eberhardt is the epitome of avarice. He has taken his position in the church only for his personal financial benefit and he runs the majority of The Prince’s extortion rings and other criminal enterprises.

The prince is only 31 but appears aged before his time. Since his estrangement from his family he has grown tall and thin, appearing almost weakened, but this is far from the truth.

He wears the traditional black curaiss of The Prince of Carroburg at all times along with the bright, blood red cloak and robes of a Lector. His mostly bald head coupled with his sharply pointed nose give him a very raven-like appearence. He carries the ornate, slender-hafted Mace of Helsturm which he received as a personal gift from the Grand Theogonist on his coronation. His shield is round, bronze, and ornate, engraved with his personal Heraldry and motto.

With his new position, Nothing is now beyond him.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 04:43:14 PM by Sherminator1 »
Quote from: Dendo Star
In America, God makes gas prices cheaper because we slaughtered plenty of native savages.

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
Re: Shermie's Carrourg Army Blog
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 03:32:50 PM »
Here's some pics of my artillery that i'm working on.

In America, God makes gas prices cheaper because we slaughtered plenty of native savages.

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 03:33:50 PM »
Here's some pics of one of the nearly completed pieces.

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 03:36:40 PM »
My general and his bodyguard.

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 03:52:18 PM »
Let the cannons roar! good job, your General reminded me of Cardinal Richeliu...... it gives me a good idea for my inquisition army. Keep posting. steveb

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 04:24:55 PM »
Yeah, that's who he was modelled after. Thanks. :]

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 04:41:24 PM »
Here's a few more that have been posted before but I thought I might as well put everything in it's place.

My scratch-built Inn. (No plasticard was used and the only plastic in the entire thing are the shield icons decorating the walls)

My prophet of sigmar-Franz Eberhardt (uses truthsayer rules)

And witchunter Ignacious Oberst (warrior priest rules)

And the progress i've made on my second cannon base.

Offline Pistol Pete

• Members
  • Pistolicious!
Re: Shermie's Carroburg Army Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 03:52:06 AM »
your General reminded me of Cardinal Richeliu

Yeah, that's who he was modelled after. Thanks. :]

Is this supposed to be the Tim Curry version of the Cardinal?  Nobody expresses the "cheesiness of evil" like Tim curry!

Ah yes... Kiefer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen, Oliver Platt, and... Chris O'Donnel.   :eusa_sick:  Oh, when will they learn that Chris O'Donnel should not be allowed in movies?
Desperately seeking Chaos Warrior heads & Skull banner tops from new empire missle troops sprue.  Will trade for bitz, barter, or $$$.  PM or email me to discuss details.

Offline SirUlrich

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 02:42:02 PM »
Let the cannons roar! good job, your General reminded me of Cardinal Richeliu...... it gives me a good idea for my inquisition army. Keep posting. steveb

As steveb mentioned the likeness is perfect. Consider this idea stolen!  :happy:

The cannon crew member with an arrow in his leg is a very nice conversion. Hmm... Another idea I'll have to steal... But having said that, I think my absolute favourite of all (so far) is the Inn building. I'm a terrainbuilding (well Empire terrain, buildings etc.) junkie, so it was very pleasing to my eye! Good job!

Now what you need to do next is paint (and post) more!

-SirU

You brush and pallette guys scare me ;)

Offline norbert

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 03:40:55 PM »
Nice stuff.  The gun emplacements are especially cool.

I've always liked the Carroburg color scheme.  Almost as much as Averland!

Anyway that inn is nice, how did you do the stone on the ground floor?

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »
Hey Shermie it seems I am a fan of your cardinal too without actually knowing  :icon_lol: This is what I have in fact done some years ago using GS  :::cheers::::

We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »
Nice stuff.  The gun emplacements are especially cool.

I've always liked the Carroburg color scheme.  Almost as much as Averland!

Anyway that inn is nice, how did you do the stone on the ground floor?

I made the bottom part of foamboard. For the stones i took my hot glue gun and just put some gobs of hot glue all over the place and pressed a stone against them to leave the rocky pattern.