home

Author Topic: King's blog  (Read 94462 times)

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
Re: King's blog
« Reply #250 on: May 02, 2017, 07:23:43 PM »
Yadoshi on the flying carpet is brilliant.

I have him, a carpet from Black Tree and a clear 'riser' put aside to do the exact same thing .............. along with a lot of other ideas in a similar planning phase  :biggriin:

Great minds think alike  :happy:

So much awesomeness!
Wow. more gorgeousness here! :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Cheers guys  :::cheers:::

Magnificent!

-Z

Thanks you sir  :happy:

We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline King

• Members
« Reply #251 on: May 02, 2017, 07:29:35 PM »
Holy crap! Nice and where did that library come from?!

The library is from heroquest.

so your son isn't even born, yet his fate is already decided: Heroquest! That's long term planning  :::cheers:::

hard to pick favorites from this flood of awesome stuff. the leonardo steam tank? the Greek hero giant?

Too gracious, thanks a lot  :smile2:

I have been thinking the same thing King. My son just turned 3, and I am thinking how I can use Heroquest and modified Warhammer Quest to get them into it. However I am hesitant to introduce them too heavily, as I know how much of a point sink it can be, and in some ways it might be better for the long term to keep it as a daddy hobby. Not sure yet.

Yeah I though about these things too Warlord but I am not sure about it being fine as just a daddy hobby......I mean it can serve as a bonding experience with my kids and also teach them that there are other things besides tablets and other techy gadgets many of the other children seem to be engrossed by nowadays........also having such a hobby is a great way of interacting with others and being social rather than anti socially getting stuck writing smses or browsing the internet on one's mobile as seems to be the case with youth over here.

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline King

• Members
« Reply #252 on: May 02, 2017, 07:44:29 PM »
Some more pictures this time of Orcs that I am painting to be dungeon denizens.

A squig with an attitude

Then come the heavy hitters......

Cave Troll

And a heavily converted Minotaur lord

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2017, 01:27:29 PM »
I have been thinking the same thing King. My son just turned 3, and I am thinking how I can use Heroquest and modified Warhammer Quest to get them into it. However I am hesitant to introduce them too heavily, as I know how much of a point sink it can be, and in some ways it might be better for the long term to keep it as a daddy hobby. Not sure yet.

Yeah I though about these things too Warlord but I am not sure about it being fine as just a daddy hobby......I mean it can serve as a bonding experience with my kids and also teach them that there are other things besides tablets and other techy gadgets many of the other children seem to be engrossed by nowadays........also having such a hobby is a great way of interacting with others and being social rather than anti socially getting stuck writing smses or browsing the internet on one's mobile as seems to be the case with youth over here.

Never hesitate to share your cool things with kids! They're gonna love it, and you'll love it too.

Painting with my 4-year old daughter since she was 2. She uses my terrain and figures to play with. The other day she picked up a figure from my table and admired the painting. I felt honored.

Playing with my wife's sisters 6- and 8-year old boys. Basically just playing, no real rules. It's better than playing with adults, they don't need the rules! They've seen enough games and played enough with Legos and other figures to know the idea and handle the models with care. They absolutely love the stories, love to immerse in their chosen hero figure. I feel honored for their complete and dedicated attention.

For a guy like me who isn't that interested in competitive games, this is highly motivating!  :happy:

I've found out that I like to play with kids more than with my normal gaming buddies! And I'm finally interested in fantasy skirmish games.  :Ohmy:

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »
Ok, to be more specific, i want to know how I can make sure it stays a kid hobby for him, and doesnt turn into an adult obsession / distraction. I cant help but feel i might have been more motivated to achieve more if i didnt have this massive time and money sink in my 20s...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline King

• Members
« Reply #255 on: May 03, 2017, 07:17:26 PM »
Ok, to be more specific, i want to know how I can make sure it stays a kid hobby for him, and doesnt turn into an adult obsession / distraction. I cant help but feel i might have been more motivated to achieve more if i didnt have this massive time and money sink in my 20s...

Hmm I never saw my hobby that way really.  I never had loads of money to dish on it in my 20's anyway.  I would not know how to answer this but I guess it all boils down to being able to prioritise correctly in the end.......testing them at such a young age would enable them to get to know about and avoid these pitfalls later on in life.

Offline King

• Members
« Reply #256 on: May 05, 2017, 09:06:19 AM »
More orcs for the dungeons.......

Orc warriors

I think these turned out fine for a rush job but I wish I had some orcy shields to give them, which alas  I have not.

Goblin Boss -- Grom the Paunch

I will soon be working on his chariot too....

Niblit ....his sidekick

Little Grom - before he ate troll flesh and became obese  :happy:

Offline King

• Members
« Reply #257 on: May 07, 2017, 03:37:03 PM »
Yet more orcs even though they seem not to be everyone's cup of tea on an Empire site :)  These come from the lair of the orc lord expansion for the old warhammer quest.

Orc lord Gorgut

Shaman Skabnose

Goblin Jester Gubbinz

Bogoff the snotling

Big un body guards

Group shot
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 05:33:14 PM by King »

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #258 on: May 07, 2017, 04:26:48 PM »
Orks is always welcome in my book. Just because 😸
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #259 on: May 08, 2017, 05:06:25 AM »
I have Skabnose myself. One of the more interesting looking Orc shamans in my opinion.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #260 on: May 08, 2017, 11:11:10 AM »
All the Warhammer Quest models were brill. The Empire characters they did were awesome too.

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #261 on: May 08, 2017, 07:18:57 PM »
Great work on the old orcs!   Gotta go paint my jester and snot lantern thief now...
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
  • Imperial trauma surgeon
« Reply #262 on: May 11, 2017, 07:24:44 PM »
Great classic O&G - always a pleasure to see and yours have been lovingly painted  :::cheers:::
cheers,
Lee

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2017, 01:43:07 PM »
All the Warhammer Quest models were brill. The Empire characters they did were awesome too.

Ditto  :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: good work dude 
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline King

• Members
« Reply #264 on: June 02, 2017, 05:57:01 PM »
Time for some beastmen for my dungeons.

Beastlord

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #265 on: June 02, 2017, 08:26:04 PM »
God help you if you where ever in a position to have to block that beastlords swing. Reminiscent of a piledriver and a piece of steel. Beatiful beastmen. That's how I would like mine to turn out. My eye has been recently drawn to the beastmen after years of not noticing them. Except for the shagoth that I love.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline King

• Members
« Reply #266 on: June 02, 2017, 08:48:29 PM »
Thanks  :happy: ....btw I plan on taking pics of my shaggoth too in the near future.  I also like the model and I have some other surprises for the beastmen as well.  I believe my dungeons will soon be full of nasty monsters for the adventurers to battle against.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #267 on: June 02, 2017, 08:51:54 PM »
I like the classic orcs!  And the beastmen look wonderfully in those colors! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers::: :eusa_clap:

I got some beastmen from a "black box" set (something sent to retailers in the recent past) that someone sold me once a ways back, and although I've yet to paint them, I'm looking forward to it.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #268 on: June 02, 2017, 09:21:43 PM »
Your dungeon is an inspiration for any gamer, King. Cogratulations for it.
Playing there must be awesome!

Offline King

• Members
« Reply #269 on: June 16, 2017, 11:22:55 AM »
Thanks guys.  Here are some pictures of my Minotaurs, once again for dungeon adventure monster encounters.

Minotaur champion/ lord

Minotaur standard

Minotaur musician

Minotaurs

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 11:28:52 AM by King »

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #270 on: June 16, 2017, 12:35:20 PM »
Intimidating fellows! There's something truly threatening to the Beastmen. So many people think that they are a joke race, but to me they're truly menacing. Great job on these King. :smile2:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #271 on: June 17, 2017, 02:21:03 AM »
looks good thanks for sharing. steveb