home

Author Topic: ebay makes me laugh (my ongoing eBay mockery thread)  (Read 141228 times)

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
Re: ebay makes me laugh (my ongoing eBay mockery thread)
« Reply #1150 on: March 31, 2017, 10:09:12 PM »
If we're talking about the 6th ed Beastmen book: that was one of the best GW has ever done, from an aesthetical point of view.

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
« Reply #1151 on: March 31, 2017, 10:27:16 PM »
If we're talking about the 6th ed Beastmen book: that was one of the best GW has ever done, from an aesthetical point of view.
You mean the one they called 'Beasts of Chaos', right?

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #1152 on: March 31, 2017, 11:41:44 PM »
I forgot that they did, but yes.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #1153 on: April 01, 2017, 04:40:09 PM »

as are legacy players of Editions 4 and later, although I admit that these are probably much less common than 6th, 7th and 8th Ed.

Quite a few people playing 3rd ed. as part of the Oldhammer revival. I think that was only edition being played at the Oldhammer weekend I went to, though there were some other elements (gnome army) from earlier.

I've seen few people talking online about going back as far as 2nd.

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
« Reply #1154 on: April 04, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »

as are legacy players of Editions 4 and later, although I admit that these are probably much less common than 6th, 7th and 8th Ed.

Quite a few people playing 3rd ed. as part of the Oldhammer revival. I think that was only edition being played at the Oldhammer weekend I went to, though there were some other elements (gnome army) from earlier.

I've seen few people talking online about going back as far as 2nd.
Oh, my mistake, I  just figured people would wanted to skirmish would re-purpose the old Mordheim rules; I've certainly heard more people express a preference for them to skirmish with, as opposed to Warhammer 3rd Ed.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1155 on: April 05, 2017, 03:25:22 AM »
I agree, Mordheim is king for small skirmish gaming.

But 3rd is as much a battle game as later editions. The Warhammer Armies lists were written with 3000 pt. armies in mind, but even the 1500 point games of 3rd I played in semi-recently were decent sized. This was my 1500 pt. 3rd. ed. Marienburg Empire army the the Oldhammer USA day:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1156 on: April 05, 2017, 11:43:56 AM »
Beautiful army. That's a lot for1500 points. I don't see a Mage in there. Poor guys completely relying on there skills 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #1157 on: April 05, 2017, 06:50:56 PM »
Beautiful army. That's a lot for1500 points. I don't see a Mage in there. Poor guys completely relying on there skills 😺

I think they're relying on artillery, Dwarfs and Ogres.

It's a sizable army for 3rd ed 1500pts. I guess it might have quantity over quality, but then also tactical opportunity over heavy hitting. What characters are included?

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1158 on: April 30, 2017, 10:33:18 AM »
I made an offer on a 'buy now or best offer' listing, and the seller not only declined but immediately removed the listing!

The offer was maybe 20% under the asking price. That's not rude, surely!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #1159 on: April 30, 2017, 11:49:53 AM »
Maybe the prospect of there being a serious bid made him realise he wasn't ready to part with them yet.  :icon_mrgreen:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1160 on: April 30, 2017, 05:54:03 PM »
Oh, maybe that was it then!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1161 on: April 30, 2017, 07:42:23 PM »
I think there are many sellers who are listing goods just to test their potential cost, or even to show off what they've got.

There are some Buy it now or Best offer items that I've been following for like five years. They're outrageously priced, never sell, but are always listed anew. It should be a shock to the seller if such a figure would suddenly sell!  :laugh:

-Z

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1162 on: April 30, 2017, 11:49:37 PM »
I think there are many sellers who are listing goods just to test their potential cost, or even to show off what they've got.

There are some Buy it now or Best offer items that I've been following for like five years. They're outrageously priced, never sell, but are always listed anew. It should be a shock to the seller if such a figure would suddenly sell!  :laugh:

Yes. I've been watching the same Marauder ogre for over three years. It's overpriced, and I've made a reasonable offer before. (Honestly, more than I would like to spend, and mire than I paid for any of the others.) But I never heard back. It's still listed.

There are a few others, too. Like "veganmaster" who lists in-production figures as "rare" at anywhere from x2 to x10 the price of buying anywhere else. Same thing - hundreds of the same crazy listings running for years now.  :icon_rolleyes:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1163 on: May 01, 2017, 12:02:09 AM »
Inflation will catch up eventually.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #1164 on: October 15, 2017, 05:35:03 PM »
I've just seen a Pegasus for sale on e-bay with only one wing, does that mean it only goes around in circles. Also noticed recently that most horse now come without tails, so is there a black trade market in horse tails  :icon_question:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1165 on: October 16, 2017, 11:22:55 PM »
I'm always on the lookout for cheap dwarf stuff, but I can't help but notice there seems to be a lot of dwarf sets from the Skull Pass box that go for over $300. I don't get it! the original box was around $150 for dwarfs AND goblins! Why would I pay $300 for just dwarfs.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1166 on: October 17, 2017, 03:16:22 AM »
Do they actually sell for that much, or is it just the starting or Buy It Now prices? eBay is loaded with stuff at insane asking prices that never sells.

That's the worst thing about eBay -- wading through the mass of unreasonably priced crap that will never sell (and gets relisted for YEARS) in order to find the reasonable auctions/sales.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1167 on: January 19, 2018, 03:12:17 AM »

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1168 on: January 27, 2018, 07:30:22 AM »
Who loves the old Free Company Sprue? Why not 2? What about the White Wolf Sprue? Let's make that 2 also! An Adventurer Sprue?
How's about a cool Mordhiem 'Human Mercenaries' box?

Get it here, at eBay Australia for the fresh price of $150 AUD....

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mordheim-Human-Mercenaries/323018006964?hash=item4b355fa1b4:g:stUAAOSw401aI2ob
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #1170 on: January 31, 2018, 10:19:46 PM »
I understood the rule to be: It was illegal to make casting and sell, but if for own private use and not advertised then that was OK. This was many be ten years or so ago. Just think back to the amount of times GW has set their legal team on other manufacturers.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1171 on: February 01, 2018, 03:37:52 AM »
My understanding is that it can vary from country to country.

Generally speaking though, selling bootleg castings is pretty questionable.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1172 on: February 01, 2018, 07:58:16 AM »
The first guy made bootleg castings for his own use, which is legal.

This guy is selling them, fully knowing they're recast GW sculpts. That's illegal, unless GW gave him green light.

-Z

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1173 on: February 01, 2018, 09:03:18 AM »
Is the deal between the original maker and the guy who is now selling them not questionable too?
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1174 on: February 01, 2018, 11:59:58 AM »
Is the deal between the original maker and the guy who is now selling them not questionable too?

Of course it is, if the seller has paid for them. Then again the seller may have made up the whole story. The only thing we know for sure is that he is selling GW recasts.

But do we care so much that someone of us should report it? Probably not. It's still GW's thing to do, if they really really care.

-Z