home

Author Topic: PBEM Diplomacy  (Read 1059 times)

Offline LizardKing

• Members
PBEM Diplomacy
« on: February 20, 2010, 11:57:24 PM »
Hello Everyone,

It's been quite some time since I've posted here given the fact that I sold all my warhammer (Against the sound advice of many members here, a decision I have regretted ever since) I was wondering however; If any of you bold gentlemen would care to test your mettle in some e-mail diplomacy. So, is there any interest out there?

-Pete
-kill 'em all, let ULRIC sort 'em out

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: PBEM Diplomacy
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:16:57 AM »
Huh?  What's meant by email diplomacy?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:20:16 AM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »
I'm up for some diplomacy.

If you're interested in these kind of games check this out.

http://holf.org/NWOL/index.htm

tell them Ben S sent you if you ever sign up.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 06:04:32 PM »
I played PBEM Diplo before, but don't have the time to do it again. Sad, because I really liked it. But to do it well, you need to dedicate a lot of time discussing with your neigbouring states, and I just can't take another commitment.

Take a look at the site Ben pointed you too, NWOL is a fun game too. The mechanics are far more complicated, but if you just want to command an army from a major power it takes less time (since others do the diplomacy for you, basically).

I like both games, but only have time for NWOL right now.
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 01:57:03 AM »
I played PBEM Diplo before, but don't have the time to do it again. Sad, because I really liked it. But to do it well, you need to dedicate a lot of time discussing with your neigbouring states, and I just can't take another commitment.

Take a look at the site Ben pointed you too, NWOL is a fun game too. The mechanics are far more complicated, but if you just want to command an army from a major power it takes less time (since others do the diplomacy for you, basically).

I like both games, but only have time for NWOL right now.

Well France is getting her arsed whooped an your Higher-ups act like idiots half the time which isn't helping the Peace deal.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline fauthsie

• Members
  • Animosity Team GM
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 04:12:20 PM »
I would consider it if i understood what exactly it entailed....
A new Campaigning home....

http://animositycampaigns.com/joomla

FAUTHSIE CAMPAIGN CONSULTING INC.... I MAKE YOUR CAMPAIGN GO!!!

Offline LizardKing

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 04:33:38 PM »
Fauthsie and hopefully some interested lurkers?,
you can learn a good deal about the game by going to www.diplom.org As for how the game works, the turns are completed on a deadline agreed on by the players, Daily, bi-daily, weekly...etc. If you are unfamiliar with the game the rulebook is free online via a quick search or through diplom.org The game itself is quite time consuming, but we can make the deadlines fairly spread out if that is the general consensus, once we have enough players (7).

Hope that was helpful,

-Pete
-kill 'em all, let ULRIC sort 'em out