home

Author Topic: Happy and Random Thoughts!  (Read 849406 times)

Offline Von Breden

• Members
  • Remembering the Eccentric
Re: Happy and Random Thoughts!
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2010, 03:04:35 PM »
Me neither.

Hold no illusions though - I still can't stand electro, house, techno, drum&bass... I'll be DJ'ing dub, reggae, balkan, etc.

Glad you like Gogol Bordello  :::cheers:::.
I think it's funny that people like dubstep but dislike d&b, but that's just me and nothing personal.
Dub, not dubstep! I can't stand most dubstep as well. I used to say all, but I recently heard a dubstep track on a Bad Brains remix album and I liked it. So it happens.

@Bies: Finally proof that clinging to ridiculous religious traditions is unhealthy! Yay!

I learned a few Clash tracks on bass today. Yay. I also am 99% sure the girl I've been actively chasing for 3 months now isn't interested. Give me some happy thoughts W-E! :ph34r:
Quote from: Siberius
I never noticed your height on account of your fabulous manly imperial beard.

He who has such amazing facial hair will never be short in the eyes of his comrades!

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2010, 03:12:54 PM »
well the girl i said i'd move back to aus for has stopped talking to me entirely... so I think shes not interested either  :icon_cry:
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Big Time

• Members
  • Resident alcoholist
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2010, 03:15:51 PM »

I also am 99% sure the girl I've been actively chasing for 3 months now isn't interested. Give me some happy thoughts W-E!

If all else fails, you could just bash her over the head with a huge bone and drag her back to your cave.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
-Oscar Wilde

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2010, 04:20:32 PM »
A girl at work passed out and everyone in the office ..............

Have I missed the story of the re-instatement here?
I thought you got fired a week or so ago ...................
 :closed-eyes:

If you're back working in the travel business I shall be very pissed - I needed some help this last week getting my son out of Thailand and it's been an effing nightmare.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2010, 01:00:44 AM »
I was given 1 months notice but for the last 2 weeks I've been at my uni exam.

I'm back in the saddle now, but I do more advertising and marketing (getting an add I wrote distributed in 100,000 newspapers + 10,000 travel magazines for restaurants etc. full page colour spread which has me very chuffed).

Email me if you need a hand still.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2010, 01:25:20 AM »
Von Breden and Bies ... Be glad you found out they're going to leave you before the you were with them too long.  Its often much harder later.  Pick yourselves up, udst yourselves off, play some WFB, and then keep your eyes open beyond that, because you never know who migth come along next. :::cheers::: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2010, 03:45:03 AM »
My computer is built, and works.

On a side note, anyone know how to get linux to work off a USB drive?

I've been trying for 5 hours...
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2010, 07:04:07 AM »

Your employers have some weird ideas.
If I sacked someone for what amounts to gross misconduct - swearing at a customer - they would be out the door straightaway.
I would expect a strong chance of sabotage if they stayed.

........... and hopefully my son is on an Emirates flight via Dubai into Gatwick as I type this.  :engel:
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2010, 07:45:13 AM »

You need Ubuntu, just check wiki, I think they have all the info you need.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2010, 08:06:18 AM »

Your employers have some weird ideas.
If I sacked someone for what amounts to gross misconduct - swearing at a customer - they would be out the door straightaway.
I would expect a strong chance of sabotage if they stayed.

Indeed. Especially if a contractor (not sure if thats what Ben is or not, but still).
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2010, 08:19:39 AM »
........... and hopefully my son is on an Emirates flight via Dubai into Gatwick as I type this.  :engel:
Glad to hear that.

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2010, 08:54:51 AM »
A girl at work passed out and everyone in the office ..............

Have I missed the story of the re-instatement here?
I thought you got fired a week or so ago ...................
 :closed-eyes:

If you're back working in the travel business I shall be very pissed - I needed some help this last week getting my son out of Thailand and it's been an effing nightmare.

I didn't get fired for swearing. My boss knows jack all. I got fired for spending too much time managing the website www.nandatravel.com (yes i post it every chance I get) and for writing newspaper adds. I was told they liked my auxillary work but I wasn't selling enough tickets (it was a + - money made, money spent on me thing).

Mind you in a meeting I just had then they're talking about how I'm about to get a bunch of new corporate clients and I have to treat them well in the long run and go meet them as I'm going to be their regular and longtime manager....doesn't sound like I'm getting the sack now does it! Seriously confusing times for all.

Good to hear your son got off ok, he should have flown to India and visited the subcontinent. If you view my website www.nandatravel.com  :engel: you can find all sorts of helpful itineraries (word of warning these are written by poor english speakers and I do a quick battlefield edit and re-write on a programme that has no spell or grammar check).

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2010, 02:27:43 PM »

I have that. Still not working. Oh well, the guy at my dad's office has a working copy, he'll know what to I'm doing wrong...
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2010, 02:42:04 PM »

I have that. Still not working. Oh well, the guy at my dad's office has a working copy, he'll know what to I'm doing wrong...

Here are some instructions I wrote up once...

Lets get started. The Ubuntu website has great resources for installing the operating system. I am working off the page that offers Acer support.
Ubuntu Acer Page https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne
This page gives you specific support for the Acer. The Acer Aspire one has special needs as a netbook. In the past you would have to find custom remixes that were created by users. This time Ubuntu has offered a netbook "remix" directly.

The first step will be to build a USB key that you can boot off of and start the install process. One could do this on the netbook, but I decided to do it on my windows machine. I always feel more comfortable doing something like this with a trusted machine that is up and running. That way you can quickly download files or look up help. I highly recommend this.

Creating the USB key will require you to download the Ubuntu files and a program to create the key. You will also need a 1gig USB memory key (or larger but a larger one will be "wasted" since the program will format it for 1 gig). Here is the page for downloading the
Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook Remix. http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download-netbook
Start the download right away, even with a fast connection it will take quite a while. For certain, don't start it on battery power, you want to be plugged in.
You will also need to download the Windows program that will make a bootable USB and put the Ubuntu files on it. You can find it here.
Win32DiskImager  https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download
There are other options and the Ubuntu support pages can walk you through them.

Once you have the files downloaded to you windows machine and organzied in folders, insert the USB key and start Win32diskimager.

You will need to point the program to the location of the Ubuntu files and to the USB key (J: on my computer). Once that is done, click on Write and the program will format the USB and install the files.

When that is done you are ready to install Ubuntu.

I hope that helps.  It was for a Netbook Ubuntu install.  My last netbook I just went out and bought a USB DVD reader/writer to put on the shelf.  It was easier to get the windows install disks off the netbook and to install Linux from a CD.

Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2010, 04:20:58 PM »
I installed a stripper pole for my girlfriend. its random and makes us both very happy.
 :happy:
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Von Breden

• Members
« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2010, 04:53:32 PM »
 :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
Plus, if it's a very long pole, it can double as an awesome fireman pole-thing. Who needs stairs anyway?

He who has such amazing facial hair will never be short in the eyes of his comrades!

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2010, 05:00:06 PM »
Email me if you need a hand job.

What's you e-mail, handsome...
My hood is my castle...

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2010, 05:05:17 PM »
sexbot@hornyfun.com

work: ben_seib at gcnanda dot com
ben.seib at gmail dot com

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2010, 05:12:13 PM »
Plus, if it's a very long pole, it can double as an awesome fireman pole-thing. Who needs stairs anyway?
You know that installing one of those firemen poles in my house has been my childhood dream for ages? It sounds like we have something more in common! :wink:

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2010, 05:39:02 PM »
Firemen have poles?

I thought they were all Irish.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2010, 05:54:01 PM »
Thanks jlutin, ended up just burning it to a CD and installing it on the drive that way...

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Von Breden

• Members
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2010, 05:59:34 PM »
You know that installing one of those firemen poles in my house has been my childhood dream for ages? It sounds like we have something more in common! :wink:
Are you going to the Eurobash this year?
Also, jlutin's joke made me chuckle.

Happy thought of the day: my friends are awesome! They went on a ten-day school trip to Berlin and Prague, but it was too expensive for me (some financial problems at home) and so me and some others stayed here. They got me a Hard Rock Café shot glass as a souvenir.  :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2010, 02:27:59 AM »
I installed a stripper pole for my girlfriend. its random and makes us both very happy.
 :happy:
Way to go Feanor! :::cheers:::

- - - - - - - - -

And with all this talk of fire poles, some body get a hose and cool these two boys below down ...

Email me if you need a hand job.
What's you e-mail, handsome...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:32:37 AM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2010, 02:33:18 AM »
I made a poopy in the potty!   :eusa_clap:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2010, 02:35:26 AM »
Cannon's coming of age  :::cheers:::