home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 173071 times)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #5650 on: August 06, 2020, 07:50:14 PM »
It sounds like a tough time for all concerned, not least you. My sister-in-law had some really crazy (several weeks or months) episodes every few years, which have really put my brother through it. Medication (lots of it) barely touches the sides! She sees a very different world while she is there,with fantastical relationships etc, but which remain consistent throughout here episodes. I feel terrible that I can't help my brother more, meanwhile he is trapped as they have a little boy and he has to make things 'right' for the boy every time. In the years in between, when the medication regime is working, she is a fully functioning person, with a responsible job!

So, second hand, and having only seen a handful of days like it myself, I know how impossibly difficult it can all seem, and is indeed actually so!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #5651 on: August 06, 2020, 08:09:14 PM »
This doesnít compare to the above but I think it falls into the unhappy category. Probably the stupid file as well. I was using a pressure washer yesterday and was washing a spade off. Travelled a bit to far up the handle and sliced a groove open between the thumb and upper part of the hand. Scalpel work people. Nice incision into in unnecessary area of flesh. I have a pretty high pain threshold but I have to say that hurt. Couldnít look for about 50 ft of pain. Worked my hand to see if I cut any tendons or imports bits. Nothing. All good. Wrapped it in a towel and taped it with painters tape. Called the hospital but they said they were busy beyond belief. Bought some really neat stitch and heal bandages and now Iím happy again.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019
Can we just take a hammer to it, smash it into little bits.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
« Reply #5652 on: August 06, 2020, 08:18:39 PM »
Snap! Well, not snap, but SLICE!

My thumb has looked like this for the last few days due to a scalpel wound when trying to cut for the new scenery I am working on. I never learn - always cut AWAY from yourself.

Still, I am lucky, no stitches needed unlike the time I opened my little finger up 3 cm long! That was ugly, and again a scalpel wound from careless modelling. Several stitches then!

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #5653 on: August 06, 2020, 08:35:19 PM »
Ouch!☝️
Here is the really cool bandages. Yes I know the rest of the hand looks like it belongs in Padres death army but it is loving breathing flesh.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #5654 on: August 08, 2020, 01:33:29 AM »
Warhammer slowly begins claiming its pound of flesh from more and more hobbyists.

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Autumn has arrived! : )
« Reply #5655 on: August 31, 2020, 07:29:46 PM »
My mother lost one of her sister's this past weekend, a favorite aunt of mine, and we haven't heard what the cause of her passing is yet.  All very disappointing.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"No them, only us."  U2

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #5656 on: August 31, 2020, 09:54:23 PM »
Sorry for the loss GP.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017

GP Aug 8, 2019

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #5657 on: August 31, 2020, 11:40:21 PM »
Really sorry to hear it GP, you've been having a rough few months. You deserve way better.

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5658 on: August 31, 2020, 11:55:54 PM »
You two are awesome, thank you! :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"No them, only us."  U2

Offline Rowsdower

• Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5659 on: September 01, 2020, 02:25:55 PM »
I just spent $56.00 AU on an Airfix Stuart 'Honey'. Its part of a series of reboxed Academy kits. It dosnt fit together too well and the barrel is horribly warped 

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
« Reply #5660 on: October 16, 2020, 07:06:10 PM »
Stuck inside the house quarantined with the whole family for a second day, awaiting Covid 19 test results!

My fever and other symptoms are probably just the usual sort of cold I get several times every Autumn. They said the result should come through before Sunday. If it is positive, I have 8 more days trapped inside the house, and my family have 12 more days! (That's the rules.)

And having to try to learn loads of stuff for work for next week in case the result is negative, whilst feeling lousy!

I'm going stir crazy! It's already messed up Ruth's 'Birthday weekend' as we cannot go anywhere until we get the result, and I doubt it'll come this evening. And although the boys haven't complained yet, they're gonna freak out majorly if they are imprisoned for 12 more days!

Oh, and if I have Covid I am 52 and overweight, so yeah, that's a worry.

BUT ... the test will probably come back negative. Forget that the number of Covid cases in our village stayed at 25 for 9 weeks, then in the last two weeks shot up to 89! I still think I have a bad cold.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #5661 on: October 16, 2020, 07:10:09 PM »
Oh I hope the results are negative!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #5662 on: October 16, 2020, 09:51:36 PM »
Quote Padre: Oh, and if I have Covid I am 52 and overweight, so yeah, that's a worry.

I certainly wish you a negative result. Iím 56 and 55 lbs over. Weíre spiking here as well. Worse than the first time.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017

GP Aug 8, 2019

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5663 on: October 16, 2020, 10:13:03 PM »
Bummer, all the way around.  I keep taking precautions, and need to stay vigilant with it.  Don't want to lose time from working my business, or interacting with situations that are needed, nor giving it to anyone either.

Get well soon and hope all stay safe!

"No them, only us."  U2

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #5664 on: October 17, 2020, 02:51:17 AM »
Fingers crossed Padre!

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
« Reply #5665 on: October 17, 2020, 12:44:45 PM »
Positive! Now my family are trapped in the house for another 12 days! Grandma has been told isolate for another 11 days. And the little classmate of my boy who I give a lift to school when his father can't is going to have to isolate as well! I have l now lost my pay for this week. Thank goodness I did not attend a work booking during the 48 hours before symptoms or see anyone else! Most of all I feel guilty about the boy, his family and Grandma.

Insanely I only went to Ruth's mum's house to change the batteries in a a central heating remote control. She swore to me she could not do it herself. I was only there for 2-minutes and yet that counts and she is now in quarantine!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 01:05:08 PM by Padre »

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5666 on: October 17, 2020, 01:08:42 PM »
Do be careful and take care of yourself and family. :::cheers:::

"No them, only us."  U2

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #5667 on: October 17, 2020, 02:39:01 PM »
Holy crap, what a nightmare. Hopefully itís mild and you werenít around grandma long enough. Good luck !
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017

GP Aug 8, 2019

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
« Reply #5668 on: October 17, 2020, 03:15:40 PM »
I did literally mean 2 minutes at Grandma's as I was busy and on my way to the supermarket, rushing so I would be back in time early enough to meet my boy coming out of his school. So hopefully she didn't get enough of a dose to either get it or get it bad.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #5669 on: October 17, 2020, 08:59:12 PM »
hope it's mild and no lasting effects will happen! Stay strong Padre!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline oak_prince

« Reply #5670 on: October 17, 2020, 11:20:25 PM »
Hang in there, Padre.

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
« Reply #5671 on: October 18, 2020, 10:51:50 PM »
Thanks everyone. Just ended day 4 of my 10 day isolation (within my room, basically, with just necessary trips in a mask into the rest of the house, in an attempt to prevent Ruth and the kids getting it). Initial viral load seems to be a factor in how bad a person suffers!

The rest of my family have to isolate 4 days more than me. I felt almost normal in the middle of the day, but, unhappy thoughts thread (yeah?) I feel yucky again tonight and due to my 12 year old having had a bout of fever today, we've had to send for a home test kit (he would have freaked at a drive thru' test site.) If my boy tests positive that will add several extra days to the family's isolation!

At least in the long lockdown we were allowed to go on a socially distancing walk for an hour. This being a total prisoner in your own home is way worse. The stress is getting to all of us already, and I'm worried for my boys. Still most worried that Ruth'll get it - she's not very well to start off with!!

Might have to do some hobby to take my mind off it all! I would rather be sitting with my kids and trying to keep them happy.

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #5672 on: October 18, 2020, 11:05:11 PM »
So far better news than expected Padre. Isolating in the same house must be crazy for sure. Another 6 lousy days. 
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017

GP Aug 8, 2019

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5673 on: October 18, 2020, 11:21:29 PM »
One moment and one day at a time, stay focused on your immediate goals, and try to find things that are fun.

(Wait, GP ... this is Padre, he is a hobbyiest!)

True, just giving encouragement. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

"No them, only us."  U2

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #5674 on: October 19, 2020, 12:11:02 AM »
Sending good vibes Padre. I had to go through the same thing earlier in the summer and it sucked. Don't forget there's lots of things you can play online together these days. Online board games, cards, even just zoom call and hang out a bit. Any interaction is good and helps counter those blues.