home

Author Topic: Ostermark, or the art of painting slowly :) (plog lots of pics)  (Read 7493 times)

Offline Tiny

• Members
Re: Ostermark, or the art of painting slowly :) (plog lots of pics)
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 08:26:29 PM »
Love how the WP is turning out. Looks really nice in army colours instead of the usual red/white combos. Keep up the fantastic work.

Also, there's 2 easy ways to counter "the look". I call them "the backhand" and "the grovel". The former usually involves sleeping on the sofa while the latter involves lots of flowers and chocolates. Which you choose depends on how comfy your sofa is and how deep your pockets are I suppose.  :laugh:

Offline Runtiringen

• Members
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2010, 07:22:42 PM »
Iäm really slow, but at least im finished with some more GS's :) Tried some freehand, got lost and can absolutely not take a decent picture. Anyway... :>

Going away next week, that won't help speed me up, dunno what will to be honest  :::cheers:::

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 07:37:07 PM »
Excellent greatswords but that freehand is not good enough to do the minis justice.

I would suggest you get some transfers and paint upon those.

I too suck at freehand but luckily I play Ogres these days and match my crayon fingers better.
My hood is my castle...

Offline Runtiringen

• Members
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 10:18:28 PM »
Excellent greatswords but that freehand is not good enough to do the minis justice.

I would suggest you get some transfers and paint upon those.

I too suck at freehand but luckily I play Ogres these days and match my crayon fingers better.

I agree with you, but on the other hand I really want to make a freehand banner, luckily there's 2 in the box. This time I'll try to make a subject and sketch berore I go off doing something silly. We'll see how it turns out :)

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 08:33:46 PM »
Those greatswords are ace. The banner isn't so good though.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Geekmeister

• Members
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2010, 08:40:18 PM »
I'm also not a great free hand painter but a great technique is just cheating and using fine permanent markers. Not for the whole banner of course, but use it to neaten up outlines etc.