home

Author Topic: WK's secret empire project - Empire Dwarf bear cavalry  (Read 319966 times)

Offline kera foehunter

• Members
Re: WK's secret empire project
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 11:59:24 PM »
Ahhhhh there so cute !! I like them very much

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 10:16:18 AM »
No worries, I will keep the forum informed of all progress.  :happy:

Offline lone dirty dog

• Members
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 02:24:12 PM »
No worries, I will keep the forum informed of all progress.  :happy:

Good to hear, do you think there is any chance the sculptor would be interested in producing cavalry to match in with these. I know GW made one dwarf figure which I have seen appear on ebay once or twice (missed out on that) and always thought why no one else had took up the rains (excuse the pun) ......... :mrgreen:

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 02:34:18 PM »
Good to hear, do you think there is any chance the sculptor would be interested in producing cavalry to match in with these. I know GW made one dwarf figure which I have seen appear on ebay once or twice (missed out on that) and always thought why no one else had took up the rains (excuse the pun) ......... :mrgreen:

:biggriin:

All I can say is, watch this space... :engel:

Offline lone dirty dog

• Members
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 02:46:56 PM »
Sounding Good !!!!!!!!!! I could see this being interesting ............... :::cheers::: :mrgreen:

Offline red bull

• Members
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 10:45:01 PM »
By the way, puns are pretty common place round here.

They do look good. Now we just need some chaos dwarves and we're all set.
No matter how good a general you are; if the dice are against you, you will not win.

My new stories http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=36076.0
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=36981.0

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 11:06:38 PM »
Some great old school chaos dwarves are already being made by others. See:

http://www.bederken.com/shop.htm

http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/range.php?range_id=66

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 07:22:19 PM »

It was a good pun - it would have been a great pun if he had spelt the word correctly - rains would be wet - reins are on horses.

:engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline lone dirty dog

• Members
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 09:26:14 AM »

It was a good pun - it would have been a great pun if he had spelt the word correctly - rains would be wet - reins are on horses.

:engel:

Sorry about my spelling on that PUN!!!!!!!! should pay more attention, so just for MIDASKI TAKE UP THE REINS NOT RAINS   :icon_redface:

I guess i must be a bit wet behind the ears  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from all the rein ..................... :mrgreen:

I have some of the hasslefree Chaos dwarfs and they pretty dam good.....................

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 09:38:40 AM »
Gives me a chance to concentrate on Empire themed stuff (be they dwarves or other creatures)

Offline Gadhrain

• Members
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 04:53:46 PM »
Would it be possible to get a pic of your dwarfs and the old GW pike dwarfs which I'm guessing you have around (since I think I remember you making handgunners out of them)? Just to see if they fit together. There is after all only 4 GW dwarf pike sculpts so some added variety in such a unit wouldn't hurt...  :smile2:

Nice sculpts btw!

/Rob

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 05:07:48 PM »
I will try to take a picture of them together over the weekend. The scale and style should be a good match (and indeed, I intend to use them this way myself).

Offline Porkix

• Members
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2010, 05:37:34 AM »
They are lovely and have this old-timer look I love so much about the old range of dwarves.

Sign me up if you manage to get them into production.

Porkix

Offline lone dirty dog

• Members
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2010, 08:45:32 PM »
Any update on these ? and any chance of a comparison picture with the new and old dwarfs.............. :mrgreen:

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2010, 09:03:10 PM »
I will try to do the comparison tomorrow. I had some troubles with my camera, that seem to have been sorted out today.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2010, 11:06:56 PM »
yes sir i would like them as well  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010, 03:45:41 PM »
I've been asked for a size comparison with the original Marauder miniatures dwarves, so here's a quicky. Pictures suck, but for the intended purpose, they will do.

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 05:29:53 PM »
Wow, they fit remarkably well, with the small exception that the faces are larger on yours than the Marauder ones, beards are fine, just the faces.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2010, 06:02:54 PM »
Well, it varies a bit from one to the other, as it does on the Marauder ones (e.g. the armoured pikeman has a smaller head than some of the others). You also have to take into account that the final metal models will be slightly smaller due to some mould shrinkage. We'll see. Overall, it's close enough to mix and match I think.  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2010, 07:51:38 PM »
I agree, they will fit in just fine.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline lone dirty dog

• Members
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 11:13:47 PM »
I think they look great, cant wait to get these hell I would even overtime for them, nice work keep it coming. I would imagine that there would be a small decrease in size when comes to final casting, so the difference in size will shrink and would be unnoticeable.   :::cheers::: :mrgreen:  Got any idea of a time line........

P.S. Thanks for the pics turned out well  :-D

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2010, 07:49:58 AM »
Well, waiting on a couple bits to be finished by the sculptor, should be done sometime next week with some luck. Then waiting for them to arrive in the mail, getting them out for a few quick snaps to post here and then pack them all up to send to the mouldmaker to get the first mastermould made. After that, it's hoping he finds some time to do them quicky as I will need some of those bits (weapons and such to be used in the next models.

I should warn you that we need to fill another mastermould before starting with a production mould, due to bad planning on my part.

Offline lone dirty dog

• Members
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 09:18:59 PM »
DONT GIVE ME EXCUSES GIVE ME MODELS!!!!!!!!!  no only kidding NOT ABOUT THE MODELS I WANT THEM !!!!!!!!!

Sounds good any sort of time line though ?, now I have my general (cheers mate ) I really want to crack on with some painting.Will you be casting in metal or resin I just thought to ask, Please put me down for one of every design (at least! ) :mrgreen: :::cheers:::

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2010, 03:33:41 AM »
I'll be getting them cast in metal. It really is the only costeffective way for small scale productions.

Offline lone dirty dog

• Members
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2010, 09:29:36 AM »
Thats good to hear so they will match up well with the old marauder mini's  :biggriin: