home

Author Topic: Show us your.... painting space!  (Read 3255 times)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
Show us your.... painting space!
« on: June 11, 2012, 02:34:41 AM »
Grutch mentioned the idea of everyone posting pics of their work/painting space on my plog. I thought I would get things rolling. So let's see where you all do your painting!

Here's a brief history of most of the last decade for me:

Future home studio and possible gaming space, as soon as I can finish cleaning & unpacking.

2012 (only a few months.) Temporary work space in the basement of our previous house:

The last dedicated studio space, unfortunately I had to move out earlier this year. This was the miniatures table I set up in one corner of the room:

Temporary work space years ago. Just a couple months between the end of the lease on my bachelor pad and the point at which my wife (girlfriend at the time) moving in to a new place together. I was staying with her & her room mates, and she let me set up shop in the corner of her bedroom.

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
Re: Show us your.... painting space!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 05:43:20 AM »
I've posted this before, but here is where I've done about 90% of my painting in the last few years.  It's my desk at work.

I don't have a picture of it but my love seat in my living room is where I've done the rest. I really should do my work at the table in my game room, but there are some problems with that. 1

1. The table is so full of supplies I can't paint at it.
2. Not enough good lighting in there. I really need to get some more lights.
3. No radio or TV in there. Painting in silence drives me batty. Gotta have some kind of noise to really get into the grove. I can't be bothered to get something for the game room, even though I'm planning to put a computer in there for various purposes, once the room is properly cleaned up.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 06:21:58 AM »
I started painting at the dining table in our living room. When I painted more and longer, this turned out to be a rather unpractical solution as I had to move all the painting stuff somewhere else every few hours for the family meals.

This is my new painting space in the conservatory at home where I paint most minis:

And the very first painting table I improvised at the club last month.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:25:41 AM by Warhammer-Weib »

Offline cjp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 05:18:22 PM »

Offline Swan-of-War

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 05:59:19 PM »
Nice Dragonstone Watchtower there Weib!
Please post more pics of that when you're done
Check out my blog at Warriors of Mustache

Offline Hoodling

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 02:16:17 AM »
Not the best shot, but one I already had...

The green drawers are full of bits. The ones above them are basically full of paints, glues, and tools. The table is covered in junk (always)...

The table sits in our front living area, and there is a TV/computer screen on the other side of the room. Allows me to work whilst my wife sits on the floor in front of the fire.

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 02:32:10 AM »

Mine is soo small and cramped.... just that is basically half my room
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline TheHoundmaster

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 06:31:42 PM »

Little panorama of the ol' grindstone. Its an old picture as it is currently in such a state of mess that you cant see the table. Notice all that 40k junk? Replaced by glorious glorious Empire!
"What I like best about a siege is that there is nowhere for them to run..."
+++ Witch-hunter Zacharia Schmundt +++

Offline Alleton

• Members
  • I'm not unit champion, shoot someone else!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 12:06:06 AM »

Messy and cramped, but it's served me well.
Demonslayer
 "hey, let's use one of those seals that keep ultimate darkness contained and use it to fry goblins, also have it be operated by the college janitor".

Warhammer Plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=42622.msg751211#msg751211