Admin & Moderator Area > The Altdorf Press (Archive)

Spambots and New Memberships

(1/4) > >>

Midaski:
Many of you will have noticed that we are increasingly being plagued by Spam members and posts.

We have been monitoring the 'new' members and getting up to 30 a day of which 28/29 are spammers.

We have therefore decided to introduce an approval system for new members - guests trying to join will have their registration interrupted and an email is sent to all the staff - much like when a member hits the 'report' button.

Staff are directed to a link where they can see the prospective new member and if they think it is genuine they can click an 'approve' button.

To all guests who may read this we wish to say that this is not what we wanted, but the sheer volume of spam is ruining our genuine members enjoyment and we feel forced to act.

If you have been browsing the site already I am sure you will feel it is worth a bit of a wait to get approved.

Our staff coverage across the globe and time zones is pretty comprehensive and we hope that in most cases genuine applications will be approved within a couple of hours.

Delthos:
Looks like some bots got in before the new system was enacted!

warhammerlord_soth:
But with fire and faith we will cleanse this place from them ! For Sigmar ! For the Empire !

*blush* Ooops, I seem to have gotten carried away a little...

Darknight:

--- Quote from: warhammerlord_soth on January 20, 2012, 04:25:50 PM ---But with fire and faith we will cleanse this place from them ! For Sigmar ! For the Empire !

--- End quote ---

No, seems a legitimate response.

Obi:

--- Quote from: warhammerlord_soth on January 20, 2012, 04:25:50 PM ---But with fire and faith we will cleanse this place from them ! For Sigmar ! For the Empire !

--- End quote ---
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS.

UNLOCK THE SHIT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version