home

Author Topic: Empire Sappers  (Read 2873 times)

Offline jaggedjimmyj

• Members
Empire Sappers
« on: February 06, 2012, 09:43:13 AM »
Would be quite a neat thing to have I think. I know we won't get any with the new book well underway and all. But I find the concept of empire sappers rather enticing. Has any army had anything like sappers before?

But would it fit out fluff, or is it more of a dwarf thing?
And how should they work ruleswise?
I'm thinking of some type if scout/infiltrate rule. But apart from that I'm not sure.

Ideas?
Archaon, The Everchosen, is one of two openly homosexual special characters in the world of warhammer. The other, of course, is Queek Headtaker.

Offline commandant

• Members
Re: Empire Sappers
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 12:47:13 PM »
I don't know what you would do with them on a battlefield.   The job of sappers is to take down walls, the job of your army is to protect them.   Support elements don't normally engage in battle

Offline jaggedjimmyj

• Members
Re: Empire Sappers
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 09:14:11 PM »
Yeah, I was sortta lookin' fer a scuse for us to field something infiltrating/scouting with splosives. And since the engineer title is already taken I thought: "Why not sappers", when there is gunpowder they're bound to carry some.
Archaon, The Everchosen, is one of two openly homosexual special characters in the world of warhammer. The other, of course, is Queek Headtaker.