home

Author Topic: Halfling Hot Pot  (Read 18599 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Halfling Hot Pot
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2017, 01:32:41 AM »

Hadn't seen that before, thanks for posting! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2017, 01:41:59 AM »
Nope it is the old Dwarf Flame cannon, the wooden barrel and the bellows are a dead giveaway

I was talking about the chassis. The wheels certainly are not from the Flame Cannon, but the frame could be.  The trailer as a whole is a conversion of various elements, including what seems to be a Cauldron of Blood.

Here is the old Flame Cannon:

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 02:08:16 AM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2017, 01:43:16 AM »
Hadn't seen that before, thanks for posting! :::cheers:::

We serve to please and please to serve.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:53:09 AM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2017, 01:46:11 AM »
I really wonder what Fidelis's library looks like. Catalogs and old tomes and definitely wooden shelves. 
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2017, 01:54:52 AM »
Billies from Ikea - but somehow never enough of them.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2017, 02:03:30 AM »
And here I thought it was posh wooden bookshelves with leather chairs and deep green curtains near the windows.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2017, 02:08:55 AM »
And here I thought it was posh wooden bookshelves with leather chairs and deep green curtains near the windows.

That's exactly what I was thinking with those green shaded table lamps.

Don't worry Fidelis, I imagine GP in a New England costal town in a turn of the century brick home with low gambrels, hedges and wrought iron gate. What good is a hobbiest with no imagination? 😸
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 02:22:04 AM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2017, 02:20:59 AM »
Well, the billies are in mahogany colour (not for sale in ages) and the chairs look like this, but with dark blue upholstery.

The curtains are red/blue/gold with golden fleur-de-lis. I do have a green shaded table lamp, and an art deco chandelier in heavy bronze.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 02:26:09 AM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2017, 02:23:49 AM »
Yep! That chair is magnificent and I like the sound of the curtains!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2017, 04:45:35 AM »
I was talking about the chassis. The wheels certainly are not from the Flame Cannon, but the frame could be.  The trailer as a whole is a conversion of various elements, including what seems to be a Cauldron of Blood.

The carriage is also the flame cannon, wheels though are any of the minis supplied with the solid style wheel which, it may have been just me but back in the day of these minis I swear it was a 75v25 chance you got the plastic wheel pictured or the other one. Then maybe the GW trolls in those days were less 'well paid'. I highly enjoyed when they sent me 4 extra Republican Guard (sans pike sadly) in a box.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »
Some background:

The model of the Halfling Soup Tank "Kathleen" was built by Chad Mierzwa, with parts of the classic steam engine model. It was used by Mat Ward and Gav Thorpeduring the "Revolt in Mootland,"  a game report/special scenario  in the White Dwarf of February 2006.  Presumeably one of the lost Steam Tanks, it was armed with a soupcannon and had its own rules for the scenario.

The Halflings used the Soup Cannon in their revolt against the "Mad" Elector Marius Leitdorf of Averland (2502 IC), which had degenerated into a  war of extermination. This indiosyncratic  "Soup Tank" was probably based on one of the lost Steam Tanks of the Empire and, like the notorious Hot Pots could burn enemies with boiling hot soup, against which even full plate armour proved no protection.  In addition, the Soup Tank was able to simply overrun enemy troops, and probably helped to ensure (together with the Ogres of the Feastmaster tribe and Lumpin Croop's Fghting Cocks) that the demoralized Halflings survived the revolt after their defeat in the Battle of Wassernah. As a result of the events, the Elector of Averland was reprimanded by the Emperor himself, who sent him champion, Ludwig Schwarzhelm, to bring him back to his senses.

Offline CarolineWellwater

• Members
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2017, 03:22:02 PM »
(( Shouts, "HOT CHEESE SOUP!!!   Who wants some HOT CHEESE SOUP!!!"

um... yeah... me and my dumb sense of humor.

Though, I will give bonus points, to anyone who gets the obscure reference.

Anyway, that thing is really nifty!  And who doesn't love them some halflings!  Those, little, plucky guys were awesome.  One of the things I enjoyed most about Lumpin Croop's set was that their "banner" was a weather vane, and Lumpin's shield was a dart board! ))

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2017, 03:41:50 PM »
A dart board for a shield is priceless and a weather vain. Ah the classics
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020