home

Author Topic: Luminark of Hysh or Celestial Hurricanum?  (Read 18065 times)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Re: Luminark of Hysh or Celestial Hurricanum?
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 01:13:26 PM »
That's true, but a bit of a needless hassle. Why not just swap the lens array and orrery?

Because the luminarks lazor beam is mounted on the back of the chariot you need to magnetize that one too.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 01:30:11 PM »
That's true, but a bit of a needless hassle. Why not just swap the lens array and orrery?

Because the luminarks lazor beam is mounted on the back of the chariot you need to magnetize that one too.

No, it isn't.

The thing that projects the beam is integral to the lens array.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline mr_mich

• Members
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 01:31:41 PM »
I was under the impression that the bulbs on the Lens array were also the planets on the Plane'arium.  Is that not the case?  Do you actually have enough bits to build a full lens array AND a full planetmobile?
Mmmmmmagic.

Offline Robert Klemic

• Members
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 01:32:56 PM »
no.  you're 4 planets short  That being said,  you can spread them out enough that it still looks good without all 10 holes on the hurricanum filled.

Offline mr_mich

• Members
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 01:34:51 PM »
Thanks for that.

It's probably not a big deal to GS up some bulbs...or I may just leave them off the Lascannon because I think they look kind of out of place.
Mmmmmmagic.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 01:36:18 PM »
If you follow the directions exactly, you are supposed to stick four planets onto the back of the lens array. But you don't actually have to, and I think it looks better without them. Or you can stick some of the various extra things in the kit in their place if you want.

So yes, you can build a perfectly serviceable lens array as well as a complete orrery.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 01:39:23 PM »
I think I will do the orrey without any planets anyway....they are just a bit too much for my taste and I like the Rings alone enough.

Offline jaggedjimmyj

• Members
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 01:41:06 PM »
I'm going out on a limb here and stating that: Miasma + Hurricanum = winwin

In your magix phase:
- Step 1, livin on a prayer: One dice prayers for DD disposal
- Step 2, this or that: Now you can toss something nasty with your lvl4 light. Either speed of light or bironas. Your foe will surely dispell this. If not: It's the same as miasma more or less....
- Step 3, keep on tossing: Miasma (basic lvl should do to drop ws so you're hitting on 2+, 2++ with hatered)

Archaon, The Everchosen, is one of two openly homosexual special characters in the world of warhammer. The other, of course, is Queek Headtaker.