home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 482176 times)

Offline Mogsam

• The Campaign Team
  • Resident Jewish Panda
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #7600 on: June 06, 2014, 01:02:34 PM »
"Tunnels?" Ulrun asks. "As in made of stone?" He looks perplexed as they move off. "Stone is not flammable... but people are." he looks questioning at his companions. "Clearly Ulric has given us something to cover our endeavors with if they manage to get through this door". He moves towards the oil and pours it on the floor next to the door. He then moves the lantern down next to the door so it would get knocked over when they enter.

When offered a lantern he chuckles. "Oh I suppose it's less subtle than making something glow." he lowers his voice and jerks his thumb towards the knight. "...More subtle than making his armour shine I suppose."
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Cannonofdoom

« Reply #7601 on: June 06, 2014, 03:04:05 PM »
Heinrich moves ahead of the rest of the group, keeping an eye out for trouble, bow ready.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline commandant

« Reply #7602 on: June 06, 2014, 03:20:29 PM »
Mortus follows closely behind Admund.   Even though he doesn't have the magical sword anymore he still seems to be making her nervous.

Offline Finlay

• C'mon Son
« Reply #7603 on: June 06, 2014, 03:39:34 PM »
“I don’t think it’s wise to start a random fire in an alchemists basement, Ulrun. From the chemicals I saw he had in there, the explosion would take half the quarter. Besides, they’re not getting through there in a hurry”- Julian will move Ulrun’s trap before waiting for a reply.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7604 on: June 07, 2014, 03:36:05 PM »
Since Ulrun's magical awareness revealed that there was a wizard in that direction, the party set off north. The tunnel slopes steadily downward, winding around as it does so. There appears to have been some traffic along here recently: Heinrich can see signs that about a dozen people passed this way in the last few hours.

After a while, they come to a heavy door that blocks the passage... or it would do, had it not been left wide open. A large red skull has been painted on the side of the door that faces up the tunnel towards the base - clearly a warning not to go beyond it!

The party continue through the open door. The tunnel twists to the left, before opening into a large, natural cavern. Heinrich, scouting ahead, carefully looks around the corner into the cavern. He sees a shocking sight. A group of gang members (ten), surrounding a man in a hooded cloak, are facing a bigger group (15)... of the same verminous rat-men that the group encountered in Altdorf! The rat-men are attired in ragged clothing and random scraps of armour. Each has a shield and a rusty blade. One of them, taller and better-dressed than the others, is speaking to the hooded man. Both sides have their attentions fixed on each other, so do not notice Heinrich.

There are two other tunnels leading from the cavern: one to the north east, and one to the north west. Both slope sharply downward. The gang members are all carrying full packs of supplies. About half of them have crossbows or handguns. The others have swords and bucklers.

Heinrich can hear the conversation.

"...will be paid to you when we safely reach the tunnel exit at ground level," the hooded man is saying.

"Could take now, man-thing," the rat leader says, "Kill! Take things from bodies!"

"Don't be foolish. If you accept the bargain, you will profit considerably. Attack us and I assure you that you will die. I know spells that will douse your fur in unquenchable flame."

"Wizards talk big, man-thing. Blades talk bigger! Want more stone!"

"I am prepared to raise my offer by a third. I suggest you take it."
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

« Reply #7605 on: June 07, 2014, 07:59:10 PM »
Heinrich will return to the group and relay what he has seen.
"We can't let either group escape. Is there a way we can get them to fight each other and just clean up the survivors? I would also agree to a full frontal assault."

Offline commandant

« Reply #7606 on: June 09, 2014, 11:22:39 AM »
Mortus will sneak up to take a look herself.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7607 on: June 09, 2014, 05:10:55 PM »
Admund raises an eyebrow. "Ratmen? Never fought any skaven before. Saw the corpse of one pulled from a sewer in Marienburg."

"Still, twenty six on nine. This is going to be a proper fight." Admund says with a nod, as he thinks about the upcoming fight.

He will plan with the others on how to attack.

"Julian, Ragni, myself, and Sir Prunkvoll can make a shield wall at entrance to the room. That should give the rest of you time to deliver some arrows, eh? What do you think Sir Prunkvoll? Ever been in a battle before? Can you hold a shield wall?" Admund asks, trying to asses Prunkvoll's combat prowess.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:15:06 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Fandir Nightshade

« Reply #7608 on: June 09, 2014, 05:18:00 PM »
Klaus will listen to the conversation regarding Heinrichs observations... he raises an eyebrow when Heinrich tells the numbers of enemies but after fighting down the first pang of fear he is sort of thrilled by the idea and starts to load his pistols.

"Sounds like they are on each others throats already. I think we should find a way to get them fighting each other and then join in the fray."

Offline Mogsam

• The Campaign Team
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #7609 on: June 09, 2014, 06:17:04 PM »
"That sounds like something I can take care of!" Ulrun nods and moves forward sneakily. When he's into cover he begins to cast hallucinate at Wasmesier and the people surrounding him. (Being the greatest concentration and that Ulrun doesn't know which one Wasmeiser is.

Offline Finlay

• C'mon Son
« Reply #7610 on: June 09, 2014, 10:06:36 PM »
"Max, give me your shirt"

Julian sets his fuse for the appropriate amount of time it would take, he thinks, to roll into the centre of the cavern. When Max hands him his shirt, he bundles the bomb in it to dampen the noise. Moving up behind Ulrun, he places his sword and shield carefully on the wall.
once ulrun has cast his spell, julian takes aim and rolls the bomb into the cavern, before retreating and retrieving his arms.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7611 on: June 09, 2014, 10:51:56 PM »
Max immediately strips off his shirt and hands it to Julian to use to pad the bomb. "I'd rather go into battle shirtless anyway, Mr Julian, sir," Max says, "like Sigmar!"

Sir Siegfried rolls his eyes. "If Sigmar had a body like yours, boy, he'd have kept it covered. Stay at the back and leave the fighting to men."

"Don't listen to the tin man, Max lad," Ragni says, "you look like a trollslayer! Grimnir and Grungi will protect you!"

"Thanks, Ragni," Max says, ironically flexing his muscles before readying his bow.

The Knight Eternal shakes his head dismissively. When Admund asks him if he's ever been in battle, he replies angrily. "Of course I have! I have fought on the tourney field many times. I have also at times battled street ruffians, in my role as Knight Eternal, guardian of Middenheim. Naturally I have not left the city to fight, since my place is within it. I will join your shield wall... and I will report your insulting words to your commander. You will certainly be due punishment when our work is done."

"Don't worry, Admund," Ragni says, "if Sir Shiny breaks, I'll hold the line for him!"

[continues]
If I wanted to.

• Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7612 on: June 09, 2014, 11:31:33 PM »
"Good." Admund interrupts the Knight Eternal, clearly only interested in things relevant to the fight. "You'll anchor the right end of the line, and I the left."

Admund speaks in a hushed tone while loading and locking his crossbow, "Julian will be ahead of us prepping the bomb. Once he lets it fly, rush up and form a line on him. We'll let off a volley of crossbow bolts, and when I call for shields, switch and tighten up."

"The entrance should keep their numbers one on one with you, but if the press gets to be too much, give a call and the lads behind will help out."

Admund readies his crossbow and makes sure his longsword is loose in the scabbard and ready to draw. He will wait with the others for the proper moment to rush up with the others."
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline commandant

« Reply #7613 on: June 10, 2014, 07:11:44 AM »
Mortus will walk with Julian.   As soon as he starts to roll his bomb she will start chanting her spell.   She will try and aim her two fireballs at the humans, hopefully centring them on the hooded man.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7614 on: June 11, 2014, 11:13:01 AM »
Ulrun casts his spell. The two groups in the cavern are too fixated on each other to notice him... a few seconds later, a huge, twisted rat-beast appears to charge towards the gang members!

[Ulrun casts Halucinate. -8MP. WP tests for 10 gang members: 4 pass, 6 fail. Wasmeier: pass]

The monster bellows at the gangmembers, the sound appearing only inside their heads. Four of them turn to face this sudden threat, raising their weapons. Six others turn to flee, horrified by the beast. The hooded man also turns to face the thing. "An illusion!" he cries, "we are attacked!" He draws something from his sleeve.

At the same time, Klaus, imitating Wasmeier's voice, shouts, "Watch out men they attack.....fight them!"

The rat-men look at each other in confusion.

As Ulrun's spell is cast, Julian rolls in his bomb.

[Julian BS roll: 13, accurate)

Muffled by Max's shirt, it goes unnoticed, landing amidst the enemies with the fuse sputtering away. Mortus is casting her fireball spell.

The small object in Wasmeier's hand glows brightly, surrounding him with a golden aura.

Mortus completes her spell. Two small spheres of flame appear in her hands, then hurtle towards the gang members. At roughly the same time, Julian's bomb explodes!

[Mortus casts fireball twice. -8MP. Hits 4d3 targets: 5. Hits Wasmeier+ 4 gangmembers. May not take I test for half damage due to not seeing the fireball coming]
G1: s3+d10 roll of 9-T3 = 9 wounds. critical: not dead
G2: s3+d10 roll of 6-T3 = 6 wounds. 2 left.
G3: s3+d10 roll of 7-T3 = 7 wounds. 1 left.
G4: s3+d10 roll of 9-T3 = 9 wounds. critical: not dead
Wasmeier = warded! no damage]

[Bomb hits all in range at S6]
[Vs G1 s6+6 roll of 3-T3 = 6 wounds. Critical: dead
G2 s6+6 roll of 6! (add= yes)+4-T3 = loads of wounds. Critical: dead!
G3 s6+6 roll of 3-T3 = 6 wounds. Critical: dead
G4 s6+6 roll of 6! (add= yes)+4-T3 = loads of wounds. Critical: dead!
Vs Wasmeier: warded! no damage
Vs G5 s6+6 roll of  6! (add= yes)+4-T3 = loads of wounds. Critical: dead!
G6 s6+6 roll of 4-T3 = 7 wounds. 1 left
G7 s6+6 roll of 1-T3 = 4 w. 4 left
G8 s6+6 roll of 3-T3 = 6 w 2 left
G9 s6+6 roll of 5-T3 = 8 w 0 left
G10 s6+6 roll of 2-T3 = 5 w 3 left
Vs skaven boss: S6 +d6 roll of 3-T4 = 5 W 6 left
Vs S1 S6+d6 roll of 6!(add=yes)+5-T3 = loads, dead
S2 S6+d6 roll of1 -t3 = 4w, 3 left
S3 S6+d6 roll of 2-T3 = 5w 2 left
S4 S6+d6 roll of 4-T3 = 7 w 0 left]

The fireballs and the bomb cause devastation. The noise is deafening. Stinking, choking smoke fills the cavern. Five of the gangmembers are killed outright, and the other five are badly injured. The rat-men too are partly in range of the bomb. Their leader is thrown backwards by the blast. Three others are injured, and one killed.

Wasmeier is utterly unaffected by the explosions, standing safely within his magical aura.

Julian rushes back to collect his sword and shield. Admund, Ragni and Sir Siegfried move up ready to form a shield wall at the entrance to the cavern, which Julian soon joins. Heinrich, Klaus and Max take position behind them, missile weapons at the ready. Ulrun and Mortus also withdraw behind the lines.

Admund, Heinrich, Klaus and Max open fire!

[Admund (xbow): 02, hits right arm. S4+d6 roll of 2-T3 = 3 w to G6. Critical = dead.]
[Heinrich (longbow, aim at Wasmeier (-20 to hit)): 85, miss!]
[Klaus (pistol 1, long range -10): 45, miss]
[Klaus (pistol 2, long range -10): 59, miss]
[Max (bow): 71, miss]

In the smoke and general confusion, only Admund's shot hits - it finishes off a wounded gang member.

The party's initial strike has caused massive casualties. Six gang members are dead, and the other four are trying to flee. One rat-man is dead and four, including their leader, are injured. Ten more rat-men are unharmed.

Wasmeier, still surrounded by golden light, has turned to face the party. He looks calm as he sends a blast of fire screaming towards them!

If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

« Reply #7615 on: June 11, 2014, 04:05:30 PM »
Assuming Heinrich survives the fireball, he will draw his axes and charge Wasmeier. Obviously ranged weapons will be of no use against him.

Offline commandant

« Reply #7616 on: June 11, 2014, 04:07:14 PM »
Mortus will move away from the group along the wall, trying to get out of range of the blast of the fireball, and she will double fireball into the crowd of skaven/humans again.   
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 04:11:31 PM by commandant »

Offline Finlay

• C'mon Son
« Reply #7617 on: June 11, 2014, 04:21:53 PM »
Julian smiles a grim smile as his bomb detonates, decimating the gang and some of the skaven. "That'll have bloody done him!" but as the smoke starts to clear, Julian can see a slightly glowing humanoid shape emerging from the detritus.

"What in the name of Grungni. Bloody wizards!" he says to himself, before addressing the group "He must need to be hit with a magic weapon, I better follow Heinrich. you keep the rats off our tail, and join us if you sort them out"

Julian runs towards Wasmeier.

Pass the machete.

• Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7618 on: June 11, 2014, 04:54:28 PM »
Admund's crossbow thwunks and he watches the gang member he aimed at fall. At Julian's command, he draws his longsword and readies his shield. "Right. Ragni. Sir Sigfriend. To me. Let's buy the lads some time to get at the wizard."

Admund will charge forward and keep a path in the carnage clear for Heinrich and Julian to get to Wasmeier. Seeing a blast of fire hurling towards the group, Admund reacts by raising his shield to try and protect his face and neck as he charges forward.

« Reply #7619 on: June 11, 2014, 05:11:03 PM »
As klaus sees Wasmeier summon the flames to his hand and hurling it towards the group klaus realizes how tightly the group is packed and makes a decision ...slipping through the gap he runs as fast as he can towards the flames hoping he can get the spell to resolve before it hits the whole group right before the spell hits him he will try to dodge the explosion as good as he can crying out in a loud crystal clear voice "SIGMAR PROTECT ME!"

Offline Mogsam

• The Campaign Team
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #7620 on: June 12, 2014, 07:18:52 AM »
Ulrun will run sideways to spread the group out and try to survive the fireball.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7621 on: June 12, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
The rat-man leader gets to his feet and waves his sword excitedly at the party. "Beard-things! Kill! Kill!"

[skaven boss Ld test: 48, fail]

The other rat-men glance nervously at each other, reluctant to attack. Instead, they move closer together, forming up by the north-eastern tunnel entrance. The leader curses at them, waving his sword ever more violently.

The four surviving gang-members, meanwhile, flee towards the north-western tunnel.

Wasmeier smiles smugly as the party scatter. When the fireblast has travelled about halfway towards them, he suddenly makes a gesture with his other hand. The flames hit the ground and spray in both directions, forming a wall of fire that stretches from one side of the cavern to the other. Anyone intending to reach Wasmeier or the skaven will now have to cross that wall.
If I wanted to.

« Reply #7622 on: June 12, 2014, 07:01:25 PM »
While running towards the magical sphere of fire Klaus heart is thumping loudly in his chest the blood rushing through his ears muffling all the sounds outside his head...he just hears his ragged breath running ever faster. Then suddenly Wasmeier drops the flame and creates the magical barrier his eyes going wide Klaus barely manages to come to a halt right before the barrier the searing heat driving him a few steps back. He raises both of his pistols and tries to shoot past Wasmeier at the ratman shouting orders to the other mutants.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7623 on: June 12, 2014, 10:25:54 PM »
The wall of fire looks like a daunting barrier. The flames reach almost to the cavern roof, and are at least a yard thick. Wasmeier begins to cast another spell.

Klaus fires his pistols through the flames, aiming for the rat-man leader.

[Klaus (pistols) 1: 56, miss]
[K2: 21, hits head. S4+d6 roll of 6! (add damage = yes)+6!+4-T4 = 14 wounds. Maximum critical to head = dead]

One shot goes wide, but the other bullet hits the rat leader neatly in one eye. He crumples to the floor, twitching grotesquely.

The other ratmen are unsure what to do. A couple of them approach the leader's corpse and prod it with their weapons.

Mortus begins casting another fireball spell.

Max moves forward, and shoots an arrow at the ratmen.

[Max (bow): 55, miss]

Sir Siegfried shouts, "Surrender, Wasmeier! As Knight Eternal of Middenheim, I call upon you to drop this blasphemous wall of sorcery and return with us to the Graf, to answer for your crimes!"

Wasmeier doesn't respond, being too busy concentrating on his spell. Sir Siegfried says, "I will cross the barrier. Sigmar will protect me! Who is with me?"

"I don't know about that," Ragni says, "I want to axe the wizard as much as the next dwarf, but that's a lot of fire."
If I wanted to.

Offline Mogsam

• The Campaign Team
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #7624 on: June 12, 2014, 10:49:58 PM »
Ulrun casts bewilder for at him.