home

Author Topic: Signing up for a faction  (Read 11450 times)

Offline FoolishMonkey

• Members
Signing up for a faction
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2013, 11:03:50 AM »
Hendricks Von Drokas. Surprise me

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
Re: Signing up for a faction
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2013, 10:05:51 PM »
First page updated with all factions full!

Can players please post in their forums (baring Monkey you should have access) to confirm they are still in please!
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Drasanil

• Members
  • Because I can.
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2013, 03:52:49 AM »
All factions bar von Rusdorf and von Orseln locked until they get higher.

After which we will open everyone for one more.

All the faction are full now, can I be let in to the the von Urenbach camp now?

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2013, 12:40:55 PM »
Not quite yet.

We are waiting for several players to post to show their activity before opening factions. Some have been quite quiet. If they don't start posting they will be removed and those factions re-opened to maintain balance.

Sorry but it was first come first served.

Offline Drasanil

• Members
  • Because I can.
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2013, 07:28:04 PM »
Eheh, it's cool, was just curious as to what was going on.

Offline finngoalie

• Members
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2013, 02:26:15 AM »
Mogsam, One of our von Urenbach faction members mentioned Drasanil might come on board our faction. If they're friends and know eachother, I'd like to have that going for us. It would be appreciated if/when you can make it happen. I wanted to work with Mathi Alfblut, but unfortunately the guy that posted for faction just before me, got that faction's last spot.

Offline Drasanil

• Members
  • Because I can.
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2013, 04:51:35 AM »
Sorry to bring it up, but it's been a few days since the end of the turn and from the looks of the list no one has been removed from the factions. Does that mean new spots are opened up?

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2013, 08:09:26 PM »
Minor changes have been made to von Rusdorfs make up.

Fandir and NPC Dave are out. Gamespoet and Kaptain Blacksquig are in.

To be fair, I don't think the factions will open any higher than 4. Without 9 new players interested it would be unfair.

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2013, 08:12:47 PM »
Maybe a waiting list could be made? That way if 9 people do turn up, you'd know and could reopen the factions.

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2013, 10:36:27 PM »
The solution is clear. Let overflow players be bandits. Unaligned posters who can still report. But their armies can be destroyed by factions, giving very big diplomatic buffs to anyone who manages to do so. But if a faction aligns with them, then the electors take a very negative attitude to the faction, because of the friends they keep.

(Ex: Bandit 1 reports in Bokel. If he takes it, he gets supplies and gold, with which he can increase his reporting strength)
(Ex: Faction 1 hits Bokel. If possible, the Bandit is driven out to a nearby neutral area. If enough force is used, the Bandit could be destroyed. The people of Bokel would love Faction 1, and Ar Ulric would look favorably upon them.)
(Ex: Faction 1 makes a deal with Bandit 1, and Bandit 1 hands over Bokel. Ar Ulric is displeased at their cowardice, and the people of Bokel are very unhappy)

Anyways, I think it'd be cool. Bandits. Beastmen. Orcs. They are all very real threats, and don't go away just because an election is happening. And of course, if a few bandit players got together and decided to really take over a town, it'd make very interesting diplomacy as player factions either deal with them because of their relative strength, or deal with each other to destroy them. 

((Naturally I see bandit armies as being a 1 shot deal. If you are gone, you are gone. No respawning.  :icon_twisted: ))
Treachery and Greed: Golden Company
Empire of Wolves: Urenbach

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2013, 10:50:45 PM »
There's not really alot of places on the map though, where would they go or move around? That might require more locations then we have.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2013, 10:59:30 PM »
Such an idea was discussed pre campaign and we decided against it. This campaign is about maintaining your armies, diplomacy, votes and the long game. Having random bandit factions doesn't really work. Especially as Gonkom states - there's only 30 odd locations and already 9 factions. This is a civil war rather than a fight against Besatmen etc.

Similarly the four player cap is working well. Players are having to really think about moves and the consequences etc. Dumping extra players in will give those factions a large advantage.

For example, faction A has worked faction B into a vulnerable position. Faction B however gets a brand new full power player at their capital. The work of faction A is now weakened.

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2013, 11:02:30 PM »
Ah well, the CT has spoken. I just hate seeing anyone left out of a campaign, and was hoping the political downsides would outweigh any gains taken by absorbing the bandit. Plus...how is it Middenland without beastmen?  :icon_wink:

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2013, 11:16:56 PM »
Obviously von Altenberg has killed all the Beastmen. :P

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2013, 11:19:57 PM »
Obviously von Altenberg has killed all the Beastmen. :P

Certainly sounds like him. Oppressing the indigenous population. Under von Altenburg, they don't even get reservations! For shame.