home

Author Topic: The Frozen Kingdom  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
The Frozen Kingdom
« on: February 09, 2013, 07:31:37 PM »
Hey my gaming group and I have a slightly different back-story that we use, so I thought I would do a quick type up and see what people think of it. This world of ours came about when we got bored with the actually Warhammer background. We all played multiple armies and eventually wanted to try and tie them together. Several members are fiction writers and others play DND so we accidently started buildings our own world. It started as a border prince game, then we decided to use the setting for the next campaign, and the next and so on. No we have a remarkably large amount of fluff and background.

This isn't the war hammer world, or at least not like it was. At some point in the past there was some kind of great catastrophe. Kingdoms were destroyed, nations fell and the continents themselves where shifted and rearranged. Each racial faction was sundered and its people scattered. Since then few kingdoms have been able to stand the test of time. Now power slips through fingers like water, nations rise and fall. There also exists the descendants of those famous people from the time before. Not all are in the position their family once enjoyed, and many have long since lost artifacts and treasures, but still the family line is strong.

On the east coast of one of these new continents a few small realms have sprung up. These exists as bastions of stability in a world gone mad. The strength of these kingdoms, even though rivals and frequently at war, has insured a limited measure of stability in this region. Allowing more people and smaller cities to prosper and grow.

One of these realms is a strong human kingdom, originally built around the dwarf hold of Karak-Wolfin. At first the remaining dwarfs and humans merely fought for survival, but in recent years the have grown strong enough to expand. Even assimilating some other cities in the region. Now that nation of Karak-Wolfin is a very multicultural one. Ruled by a human High King, it contains 4 provinces. Each ruled by a (Slightly)lesser king. Dwarfs work shoulder to hip with elves. Descendants of Emperial men fight beside the sons of Brettonia. Deep in the southern province there even exists a very uneasy alliance with some of the darker, more evil species. Whispers of vampires, orcs, beastmen and more...

When I get around to it I'll work at adding more of our existing fluff to this thread. Hopefully I'll be able to tie it in with my soon to exist painting blog. I know it's pretty far off the beaten path, and with not allot connecting it to the canon background anymore but what do people think?

Offline thundercake

• Members
Re: The Frozen Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 07:56:35 PM »
Sounds nice. A map would go a long way to making it sound awesome.
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: The Frozen Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 08:15:11 PM »
It's weird going back to read this down. An awful lot of it sounds like the End Times stuff. I had planned to start posting more of my groups home brew fluff here (Soon as it's edited.), but first I want to go through and see just so similar to the end times it was.

Boy am I glad I didn't write anything about angels of sigmar or grungi showing up.