home

Author Topic: Turn 4 Fluff Results  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
Turn 4 Fluff Results
« on: March 11, 2013, 08:18:03 PM »
------------------------

"You cannot keep putting the ambassador of Kislev off forever my lord."

Ar Ulric sighed. "But we have no new answers to give. The man is stubborn. He must accept that there can be no true discussion until we have an Emperor."

"Indeed, but it appears that he is not willing to accept such reasoning. I would not be surprised if we were to find armies on our border when we reach spring your holiness."

"Pah. They're only Kislevites Orlo." Ar Ulric replied dismissively. "Nothing to be troubled about." Orlo didn't have time to reply. "What of our candidates then. Whom shall I have the pleasure of serving under?" he asked.

"There appear to be three leaders, though none has a clear lead as of yet and indeed I would not write any off as failing."

"Which three?"

"Altenberg has several votes and his armies are largely intact as your holiness well knows."

"Very true. The old bear has been very uncharacteristic of late, very defensive and patient."

"This week he has finally made his moves, though your holiness's letter insisting that he moved away from Middenheim most likely inspired such action. He has taken the region surrounding the Brass Keep but he has been most careful about it. Our messengers tell us that he has not made any overtly aggressive moves towards Sangerhausens actual men, the army stationed around the Keep were allowed to retreat under its walls without any pressure from Altenbergs men."

"How honourable of him."

"That is certainly a word for it. It is likely he is cautious as Sangerhausens men hold the young von Orseln boy and his mother. If you'll remember he was rather fond of the girl."

"Many men of the court were quite fond of her if I remember correctly." scoffed the cleric. Orlo ignored the comment.

"He has also attacked Calden though we have little information regarding such action." Ar Ulric nodded and indicated that he should continue. "von Tiefen has continued his progression. Whilst it is reported Estdorf has fallen to Hornhausen men the disappointment he likely experienced was mooted by the fact that he has won a major victory in the field. Once more there was a battle along the Drakwasser where Hornhausen men met Tiefen. It is reported that the Tiefen force was considerably larger and led by the lord himself. Whilst the Hornhausen men held them off and attempted retreat there was an...incident."

"An incident?" he asked curiously.

"They attempted to retreat towards Krudenwald but found the gates closed to them. It appears that the elector refused to allow Hornhausens men to garrison the town and use it as defenses against such an obviously superior force... as a result a considerable amount of the Hornhausen army sent south was scattered. A second similar sized Hornhausen army arrived from the north but quickly gathered up what remained and retreated north to Wahnsinningen. The fate of Krudenwald is unknown however."

"A great victory for von Tiefen then. It appears that the Drakwasser is a fateful place for this war. Two great battles along its banks already."

"It was not his only victory either. it is reported that von Kerpen and von Tiefen men clashed at Wurzen with the defenders defeating the Kerpen forces and holding the town. A second great victory for Hergig. Though a second defeat was had due to Kerpen taking Fort Schippel from Tiefen in a hard fought siege."

"von Kerpen again! I assume he is your third?"

"Indeed. He still holds a considerable number of votes despite losing Esk to Sangerhausen. However as I said before, it is still an open contest. Sangerhausen now has three votes once more."

"What of the south?"

"Urenbach has taken Suderberg and Delburz with little resistance at either site. Though it is said that once of his armies was defeated outside the walls of Delburz by an army of Titus Augustus. It was said that a number of Dwarfs flying banners suggesting that they were from Untergard were in the army."

"Dwarfs?" he asked surprised. "Refresh me Orlo. Aren't the Dwarfs in Untergard miners? It is a mining settlement after all?"

"I had believed so. Perhaps they were motivated by something your holiness."

"Dwarfs." Ar Ulric replies confused as Orlo began once more.

"von Rusdorf attacked his nephew at Schoppendorf in a reverse of the last battle between the two. Once more it was a stalemate and neither side broke. Both sides seem content to suffer attrition fighting each other over a single vote."

"Ah to have such a loving family." he said mockingly. "If things continue I would say that Duccias legacy is sealed."

"I would agree with that your holiness." he nodded gravely in agreement. "That however is all of the news from the Empire. It appears that the...election process is now in full swing."

"It will be for the best in the end." replied Ar Ulric noting his aides unhappy tone. "Ulric will only accept the strongest and what better way than this?"

-----------------------------
Delburz

From the diary of Albrecht Untermire

"Whilst the garrison had put up an effort the battle was over relatively quickly, simply put Titus had bled the soldiers of Delburz dry to form his army. Just a few months ago the city had been filled to the brim with young men and now you could walk down the street and see none but the rich, old and weak. It is no wonder this city fell so easily, it seems as though every young man has ran off to fight for Titus till the city had no more men to give.

The city fell quickly and the whole thing would have been a relatively peaceful transition if it wasn't for the army who had arrived outside the city. The Urenbach generals had not moved all of their men into the city at a great pace and it had led to a battle on the plains around the town. One of our lords generals, identified as a man by the name of Jozef had raced back to the city when he heard of it falling and fell on those not yet in the city. Whilst I admit I am a biased oppinion in the matter it was a swift and decisive win for Augustus, made all the grander by the victory being over members of Grosseferres own guard. I heard the soldiers who now man our walls talk of it being Urenbachs prefered captain who had been attacked.  Whilst the guard was able to flee back into the city I have heard that it must have taken substantial losses. I had heard from friends that no more than a few hundred made it through the gates before they were closed off and the city besieged.

Whilst I am happy to hear that my lord has managed to get hold of the region surrounding the city I admit I am concerned. What happens if Titus returns and finds the gates barred, will we have another Caroberg?"

Calden

The Elbow High watched as some Altenberg men approached. Hundreds marched under the bear banner and had arrived early in the morning under great pomp and ceremony. It was markedly different from the arrival of Urenbach men so long ago, it was a peaceful approach and one of discipline. He was brought out of his thoughts by a halfling approaching him at great speed. It was one of Helenas lads whom he had sent to parlay with the invaders. "Chief! They're sending some chaps to talk, some guy named Marinth or something. They say they want your vote." It was quite obvious that they were coming to talk but the Elbow High nodded in thanks to the boy.

"Fair enough." he replied happily hiding his concern. "We'll have to see what they want."

Schoppendorf

Titus stood on the battlements of Schoppendorf watching his uncles armies retreat. In what could be seen as irony von Rusdorfs men now attacked his own in a different town. The attacker had become the besieged. The assault had been different to his own, it was more organised and had come in waves rather than the rushing that he had tried at Elgadsen. Rusdorf men had attacked in precise unity and completely co-ordinated, it was quite effective and had nearly taken the town on several occasions, but it was predictable. Men had been able to catch their breath between bouts and whilst Titus had nearly lost Schoppendorf on more than one occasion this last week they had held the attacks off and kept his vote alive.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.