home

Author Topic: Empire Officials in earlier times (a forlorn hope)  (Read 15407 times)

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Empire Officials in earlier times (a forlorn hope)
« on: October 18, 2013, 04:26:51 PM »
Can anyone help me with the names of the EC, Grand Theogonist and Arch-Lectors under the reign of Dieter IV, Wilhelm III and Frederik the Brave (Emperor ?), Mattheus II and Luitpold for my project The history of the Empire as depicted in the art of the time
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=47520.0

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:22:29 PM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Re: Empire Officials in earlier times
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 05:51:21 PM »
Ah, I know this one. It was a very unusual period in history in which all had very similar names. Most of the EC were called Ernest or Ernst, all being from the Borgnine family. The GTh was called Ernest Borg the ninth, and the two arch lectors were called Ernie B'orgnine and Ernborg von Nyne. Like I said, very unusual.

Or did I dream the whole thing?
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 11:58:06 AM »
In Earnest, you must have dreamt that.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 03:23:50 PM »
Anyone have any name(s) for the predecessor(s) of Hisme Stoutheart as Elder of the Moot?

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 10:20:26 PM »
Ah, I know this one. It was a peculiar historical period during which most halflings were named after whichever vegetable their feet best resembled, whether it be by appearance, smell or feel. I think the best place to start in answer to your question is the BrusselSprout family ....

.... I think I better stop now before you become enraged.  :icon_redface:
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 10:56:03 PM »
Ignore Padre, he is being silly.

The first named Elder of the Moot was Dildo Bugger of the famous Bugger family, finders of the Great One McGuffin. He was succeeded briefly by his nephew Frito Bugger who passed the office to his "friend" Spam Gangrene.

After this, the office was held jointly by Moxie & Pepsi Dingleberry, who were noisome and easily-expendable.

After that, the order is;

Jon Bun-Jeli
Osama Bun-Laden
"Buzzin'" Bobby Starbucks
"Wham-Bam" McGriddle
Phil A. O'Fish
Culpability Brown
Farty Bummer
Al Dente (the first of the Tilean elders, who dominated due to their control of various criminal enterprises)
Blotto-Lotto Camelotto
"Caramel Crunch" McVitie
Canny Gadgie McSpam
Nobbin Hood
Lobo Hamfast

Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 08:31:14 AM »
I should have known: ask a Moot question, and you'll get a moot answer....

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 11:06:57 AM »
Thanks Darknight. It turns out my whole theory of vegetable-related nomenclature was off the mark. Apparently it was actually a period of double-entendre and strange amalgamation of precognition and clairvoyance concerning another universe in another time. Who'd have thunked it?

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 11:18:51 AM »
Methinks, both of you are still in your salad days, when...green in judgement:closed-eyes:

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 11:24:48 AM »
Thanks Darknight. It turns out my whole theory of vegetable-related nomenclature was off the mark.

That is a common and enduring myth. But knowledge of the Moot's politics has now been uncovered through diligent research.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 12:50:48 PM »
At best you might be able to get many of the Electoral positions names maybe a generation passed (thanks in large to the Enemy Within Campaign) but beyond that I don't think there are many good sources. One of the Empire Army novels is set during Grom's Waagh but I think it is rather poor for detail beyond a handful of names.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline swampsheep

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 02:36:48 PM »
What sources have you consulted?

I have most of the 1st edition WFRP books and the same for 2nd edition and I can do a little digging, but if you have already looked around most of these places, I don't want to do it again. I guess it amounts to 1-1½ meters of books (when disregarding the duplicates) so even just skimming for relevant paragraphs will take some time.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 03:18:36 PM »
Mainly AB and WFRP books - but I must admit, I have not gone through all of the latter yet. The AB include the fanmade Halflings AB, which one can assume has sifted through much of the other sources, but cannot help on this issue either.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 04:44:57 PM »
No fan who made a Halflings Army Book and did not include at least a significant portion of the names I listed is a true fan. Jus' sayin'.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 04:47:32 PM »
He is a fan, not a fruitcake.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 05:18:03 PM »

Offline swampsheep

• Members
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 05:31:59 PM »
Which WFRP books? 3rd edition? 2nd? 1st? A mixture?

I looked briefly through the 1st edition and 2nd edition books I didn't find any chapters or paragraphs that could seem to hold such information. It might be mentioned in the passing somewhere but that would require me to read all the books fully.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 06:18:21 PM »
He is a fan, not a fruitcake.

Now who's making food puns?

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 06:26:47 PM »
You are just trying to fudge a serious issue.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »
Which WFRP books? 3rd edition? 2nd? 1st? A mixture?

I looked briefly through the 1st edition and 2nd edition books I didn't find any chapters or paragraphs that could seem to hold such information. It might be mentioned in the passing somewhere but that would require me to read all the books fully.

I have only 1/2 edition books.  And do not take notice of the tit for tarts here. Some people think they can have their cake and eat it, but, truth be told, what they prepared earlier looks more like a collapsed soufflé.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 11:51:11 AM »
The last appearance of Skaven seems to be:
2387: Prince Karsten of Waldenhof employs Skaven to undermine the walls of Castle Siegfried in Sylvania. (SK)  Karsten is lynched when all the children in Waldenhof disappear.

Does anyone know of a later reference?

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2013, 09:47:34 PM »
What? Not a single treacherous rat on this forum? What is the world coming to?  :unsure:

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 12:15:41 AM »
Nobody wants to rat themselves out.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2013, 12:28:25 AM »
Ve have vays to make them squeel.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »
For those that have no interest: in 2499 half of Nuln is destroyed by Skaven; and from 2513 onwards, towns and forts on both sides of the border with Bretonnia begin to disappear due to Skaven attacks.

I told you: Ve have vays to make them squeel.