home

Author Topic: Breakfast!  (Read 14987 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

Re: Breakfast!
« Reply #350 on: November 22, 2020, 06:09:12 PM »
Had an unusual one this morning ... Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli and a homemade herb flavored biscuit.

That sounds positively delicious.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Happy New Year! : )
« Reply #351 on: November 22, 2020, 06:18:16 PM »
I'd never had Chef Boyardee beef ravioli.  When I ordered food last week, I had three cans of it accidentallly in with my order.  I called the delivery service to let them know, although never heard back.  It has been a week, so time to give it a try, and it wasn't bad.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #352 on: December 05, 2020, 04:03:53 AM »
The other day I used the pancake flour that I purchased from George Washington's Grist Mill.

The Mount Vernon gift shop has a recipe for making pancakes with it, and they were scrumptious! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #353 on: January 01, 2021, 03:12:25 PM »
Two eggs sunny side up, scrapple (oh so bad for me ... lol), all cooked in olive oil, a dash of pepper, and served with leftover champagne from last night's New Year's Eve snacks.

:icon_mrgreen: :engel: :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #354 on: January 03, 2021, 01:43:18 PM »
Blue Velvet coffee black, and an apple turnover.

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #355 on: January 03, 2021, 03:05:17 PM »
Blue Velvet coffee black, and an apple turnover.

Thatís not breakfast mate!

2 over easy, sausages, home fries, toast, fried red tomatoes, pancakes and a side of spinach and cheese quiche. Plus a litre of coffee with vanilla cream.
Thatís breakfast!
Till you die of course

Not to be eaten on a daily basis btw 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #356 on: January 03, 2021, 03:14:35 PM »
Lol!  Well does adding grapefruit juice and oatmeal bread with raspberry blossom honey count? :icon_wink: :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #357 on: January 03, 2021, 03:25:16 PM »
Lol!  Well does adding grapefruit juice and oatmeal bread with raspberry blossom honey count? :icon_wink: :icon_mrgreen:

Load it up!

Of course this is my fantasy 1st breakfast at 7 am in my country manor while I contemplate the tragedy of humanity.
I actually had 2 yogurts and 2 cups of coffee.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #358 on: January 03, 2021, 03:26:59 PM »
Is that place for sale?  Looks awesome!

2 cups of coffee? Must have been a rough morning.  I rarely have two cups, maybe a second cup later in the day, but very rarely 2 cups in the morning.

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #359 on: January 03, 2021, 03:36:52 PM »
Is that place for sale?  Looks awesome!

2 cups of coffee? Must have been a rough morning.  I rarely have two cups, maybe a second cup later in the day, but very rarely 2 cups in the morning.

This is tintinís Marlinspike Hall. I have loved this place since 1975 when I started reading the series. It is based on the actual Chateau de Cheverny. Now thatís my idea of a home. Entitlement and all.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 03:39:56 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #360 on: January 03, 2021, 03:50:04 PM »
Where is Marlinspike located? If it even exists, perhaps this is just a virtual picture.  Either way, both places look breakfast outside on the walk.

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #361 on: January 03, 2021, 04:15:29 PM »
Where is Marlinspike located? If it even exists, perhaps this is just a virtual picture.  Either way, both places look breakfast outside on the walk.

Marlinspike is the hall in which Captain Haddock inherited/bought back. It belonged to his ancestor. Total fiction by Herge and incorporated into the Tintin comic series. He lifted the hall right out off of the original Chateau but took away the 2 wings at each end to make it look more like a country home (!).

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020