home

Author Topic: List for campaign with some special rules  (Read 709 times)

Offline Muppet

• Members
List for campaign with some special rules
« on: November 05, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »
Hi!

I'm going to play a 2500 p battle versus HE in a campaign with some special rules. In this battle the HE will have a lord on a dragon (probably the biggest one) which will have a 4+ ward against shooting from warmachines. Also, the terrain will be muddy, so all units using swiftstride will have to pass a dangerous terrain test.

My list looks as below, see tactic comments also.The BSB is kitted to survive but also be able to deal some damage if he should get into a challenge. If you have any advice, please speak up! :-)

The general goes with the IC knights, flanking.

The engineer will stand between the mortar and the helblaster, using him to bombard Swordmasters or lending his BS to the helblaster to shoot the dragon out of the sky.

The cannon targets chariots or bolt throwers.

Both infantry blocks will be in bus formation to get steadfast as long as possible if they get into battle.

The Stank will try to get a charge on the dragon, but he will probably be able to avoid that. Otherwise it will support the infantry blocks and have the same targets as the cannon.

The BSB, captain, wizards and priest will be divided between the infantry blocks.

The pistoliers will harass and redirect, hopefully be able to get behind his lines to pick on any warmachines.

Total  2496 pts

Lords

Battle Wizard Lord, lev 4, lore of life, dispell scroll (225 pts)

General of the Empire, full plate armour, shield, barded warhorse, ogre blade (171 pts)

Heroes

Battle Wizard, lev 2, Lore of light

Captain of the Empire, BSB, full plate armour, Dawnstone, Enchanted Shield, sword of might (141 pts)

Captain of the Empire, GW, full plate armour (72 pts)

Master Engineer (65 pts)

Warrior Priest, GW, heavy armour (72 pts)

Core

12 Knightly Orders IC, FC, Ranger banner (380 pts)

38 Swordsmen , FC (296 pts)

39 Spearmen, shields, FC (234 pts)

Special

Great Cannon (120 pts)

Mortar (100 pts)

5 Pistoliers, Musician, Champion with repeater pistol (120 pts)

Rare

Helblaster Volley Gun (120 pts)

Steam Tank (250 pts)

Offline Willscarlet

• Members
Re: List for campaign with some special rules
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 03:41:51 AM »
I'd really recommend a big block of greatswords. You'll be striking last anyways so might as well get the benefit of higher strength. my other recommendation is to get some more shooting (archers, crossbows, or handgunners). Those expensive toughness 3 warriors can die in droves to shooting.

Any other details as to what stuff your opponent will have?
The old wisdom born out of the west was forsaken. Kings made tombs more splendid than the houses of the living, and counted the old names of their descent dearer than the names of their sons. Childless lords sat in aged halls musing on heraldry, or in high cold towers asking questions of the stars.

Offline Muppet

• Members
Re: List for campaign with some special rules
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 08:14:01 AM »
Thanks for the advice! I'll take a bunch of handgunners then. The Greatswords are unfortunately work-in-progress, so maybe next time.

I've never played this guy before, it is a new club for me, so I have no idea what to expect. I have just assumed that except for he dragon he will have what most other HE guys have, i.e. Swordmasters and/or White Lions, Silverhelms, chariots and really heavy magic... Actually, the Swordmasters are the ones that scares me the most due to the many attacks. Need to weaken them before they get into combat which is the main reason I have a mortar in the list. Even with S2 it should kill off a few. Also nice to drop on the head of the dragon if possible.