home

Author Topic: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (update: out)  (Read 296159 times)

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
  • Imperial trauma surgeon
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog
« Reply #375 on: November 19, 2015, 09:09:12 PM »
Love the Dwarfs, they look like they mean business!

Leonardo looks kind of lost in the woods there, I think thats what you were going for ;)
cheers,
Lee

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #376 on: November 20, 2015, 05:54:00 AM »

(Not done painting yet.)

They fit diagonally on a 40x40, but just barely. Not too fond of this look. So I think it's going to be the 40x60. The extra depth shouldn't cause a problem in most games I will play, and if I get more handgunners, then I can use the swivel guns as light artillery, at which point the base size shouldn't matter.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #377 on: November 20, 2015, 06:58:06 AM »
The longer base looks better. I've mounted my Empire Hakenbüchse on 40 x 50 bases.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #378 on: November 20, 2015, 12:27:45 PM »
Agreed, go with 40x60. Leaves more space for atmoshpere-setting doodads too.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #379 on: November 20, 2015, 01:48:45 PM »
40x60 teh way to go, more scenic, screw the rules, warhammer is now unofficial, do what you like. :::cheers:::
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #380 on: November 20, 2015, 09:12:47 PM »

I'm sold. Still might add some more detail to the base.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #381 on: November 20, 2015, 10:40:06 PM »
They look great - but like they belong as a light artillery support unit alongside another unit.

Invent your own rules - or use the similar rules skaven had for their version ( jezzails ?) 
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #382 on: November 21, 2015, 12:01:30 AM »
Excellent, well done. And I agree with Midaski.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #383 on: November 21, 2015, 05:44:26 PM »
Invent your own rules - or use the similar rules skaven had for their version ( jezzails ?)

Or oldschool chaos dwarf swivel guns...

There's more to the rules on another page, but the important parts are that they hit 1+2(d6) models and have a firing arc of 180. No move and fire, no march.

For now, I'll be trying them out in non-WFB rules, though.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #384 on: November 21, 2015, 07:10:54 PM »
Ah, from the original and best Warhammer Armies book!

No game balance, but lots of character and nice ideas in that one.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #385 on: November 22, 2015, 04:59:43 AM »
Oh yeah, I had a pair of those back in 3rd ed. and with a bit of luck, they could wipe out a unit in one round of shots. With a short range, though, they would need that as they would be lucky to get a second round of shots. Still a good deal at 50pts each!

I've really been itching for a game of some sort. It has literally been years since I've played any miniatures games, or board games not meant for children aged 4 or less. I rambled a bit about my plans, and included some links to rules, army lists, etc. and I'm to lazy to copy it all over so... http://www.zerotwentythree.com/2015/11/planning-game.html

Spoiler alert: I made up my mind to take fantasy Hail Caeser for a test drive.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #386 on: November 22, 2015, 01:07:06 PM »
The scenario idea seems like a good one for getting back into the swing of it, and giving the rules system a test drive. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #387 on: November 22, 2015, 01:30:27 PM »
very nice
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Krag

• Members
  • All hail Hans Obrix !
« Reply #388 on: November 22, 2015, 01:55:34 PM »

Or oldschool chaos dwarf swivel guns...

There's more to the rules on another page, but the important parts are that they hit 1+2(d6) models and have a firing arc of 180. No move and fire, no march.

For now, I'll be trying them out in non-WFB rules, though.

Oh! Now that takes me back...  :smile2:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #389 on: November 25, 2015, 06:01:44 AM »
As posted in the Pleasant Surprises thread... mine arrived courtesy of King, from the Island Fortress of Malta (or the catacombs thereof)...

A new (anti-)hero!

I couldn't resist getting a shot of him leading some troops against Marienburg...

Thank you King, he's a great addition to the army. I hadn't thought of painting gold/bronze armour and I really like the way works with the color palette of the rank & file troops, but still makes him stand out as a leader.  :::cheers:::

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #390 on: November 25, 2015, 10:49:46 AM »
You are welcome 023.  I am glad you like this new addition.  May he bring destruction to the forces of good  :::cheers:::
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #391 on: November 25, 2015, 01:39:30 PM »
Wow, that looks great, and works very well with 023's undead army, excellent! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #392 on: November 26, 2015, 01:49:16 AM »
Simply awesome!

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #393 on: November 26, 2015, 05:11:42 PM »
Great looking model King  :::cheers:::
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #394 on: December 03, 2015, 10:44:52 PM »
Slow progress lately. But I finally finished the second swivel gun.

In digging around through old minis, I found a light gun on a Burgundian carriage (Old Glory? Front Rank?) that looks about the same size/caliber as these swivel guns. I also have somehow ended up with a lot of extra Marauder dwarf artillery crew. So I think that may get painted up as a third light artillery to go with these.

I have also recently acquired a small unit of the old Disciples of the Red Redemption. There are 11 figures, but I would like to bulk that up a bit. So I rummaged through the lead bins and came up with these as possible additions...

The only one I am definitely including is the guy on the left. I think he will make a great addition. Not certain of the others. (Center-right figure has been Phnotoshopped a bit, to remove the crucifix from its hands. I would replace this with something else.)

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #395 on: December 04, 2015, 04:13:58 AM »
Now I wish my lead pile was more organized.  I'd trade all of my disciples for that guy on the left...of course I have no idea how many of the disciples I still have.  Oh well.  (They are the only original Regiment of Renown that I own.)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #396 on: December 04, 2015, 05:10:45 AM »
Now I wish my lead pile was more organized.  I'd trade all of my disciples for that guy on the left...of course I have no idea how many of the disciples I still have.  Oh well.

If you do get organized  :wink: let me know. That's one of the only old mages I've still got a duplicate of, so a trade is entirely possible.

(They are the only original Regiment of Renown that I own.)

I am so mad at myself for trading off a lot of those sets long ago. From the blister box RoRs I had Mengil's and Golgfags, and I had most of the later boxed RoR and Machinery of Destruction sets. As it stands now, all I have are Golgfag, Nightmare Legion (thanks to Shadespyre!) and Skarloc's archers. I've still got the old metal Elf chariot too -- I don't remember if that was one of the boxes. I tried to get rid of it for years, but no one would take it. Now I'm glad, but I wish I had more trouble selling some of the other sets instead. :icon_rolleyes:

As much as I appreciate my collection of minis, I sometimes look back at what I had and wonder WTF I was thinking when I got rid of a lot of it. (Well, besides needing to eat & pay rent when I was in college and sold a lot of it off, etc.)

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #397 on: December 05, 2015, 02:15:46 AM »
As much as I appreciate my collection of minis, I sometimes look back at what I had and wonder WTF I was thinking when I got rid of a lot of it. (Well, besides needing to eat & pay rent when I was in college and sold a lot of it off, etc.)

Yeah, I dumped a lot of stuff while I was in grad school.

That's one of the only old mages I've still got a duplicate of, so a trade is entirely possible.

Oh now I have a mission. I'll have a look about.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #398 on: December 05, 2015, 05:07:13 AM »
 :::cheers:::

A few odds & ends.

One of two beastmen I'm painting for someone I semi-regularly paint on commission for.

As I mentioned previously, I think I'd like to get at least a small solo game in before the end of the year. I think going all year (yet again) without even a single game of something will be too depressing. I've got a lot of elements for a narrative campaign floating around in my head, and have started structuring it a bit and sketching out scenarios. One of the first is a caravan ambush. So I dug out my wagons...

I am long overdue in building/painting something to actually go in the back of the wagons, instead of just a bunch of empty wagons rolling around. So I think this may have to be another upcoming project. My plans for a last push of skeletons in Deadcember seems to be slipping from my reach.

You know what else I really need? I need to dig though my painted figures for a few civilian-ish figures to use as drivers/handlers for the wagons. So they don't look like just really well trained or magically guided horses & oxen.

Although I don't consider myself a big spender anymore, and think I have dealt pretty well with my extremely small gaming budget, it was tough sitting on the sidelines through some of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. There were a few really great deals. I just kept reminding myself that I still have a bunch of figures to paint, and (as mentioned above) haven't actually played a game in years. At the last minute, my will broke and I made one small purchase. It arrived already.

I had been planning on getting the Bones version of this figure at some point -- in spite of all the problems I've read about that version of the figure -- because of the massive difference in price. But when I saw it for cheap, I convinced myself to get it as a birthday (next week) or Christmas gift. No one ever gets me gaming stuff for either. I'm even thinking about wrapping it up and putting it under the Christmas tree.  :wink:

Honestly, I shouldn't complain anyway. Although I was tight on gaming funds, I did mange to scrounge up, barter for, and be gifted (without a reason other than good ol' individual generosity!) with some cool figures this past year..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 05:36:43 AM by ZeroTwentythree »

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #399 on: December 05, 2015, 08:21:52 AM »
I like your work with that beastlord as well as the wagons.  It is a shame we live so far apart as otherwise I would be heavily interested in joining you on your campaign.
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0