home

Author Topic: 2000 points versus Orcs and Goblins  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Banana_Sausage

• Members
2000 points versus Orcs and Goblins
« on: July 09, 2014, 05:52:02 PM »
Hello! I will be facing Orcs and Goblins tomorrow in a competitive tournament. I am curious to know what you guys think, since I'm pretty nervous because I've lost to this guy before. Here's my list:

Lords (485)
Battle Wizard Lord (Fire, Talisman of Preservation) I am hoping to get lots of wounds off with the lore of fire which is why I am taking it
Grand Master with a runefang (Going into my IC Knights)

Heroes (287)
Captain of the Empire (Full plate, great weapon) (going into my Halberds)
Master Engineer
Master Engineer
Warrior Priest (great weapon, heavy armour, warhorse) (going into my IC knights)

Core (780)
x30 Halberdiers (full command)
10 handgunners (guarding my cannon)
10 handgunners (guarding my helblaster)
13 IC Knights, Steel Standard, lance and shield

Special (324)
3 Demigryph Knights (full command)
Great cannon

Rare
Helblaster Volley Gun.

Offline Vauln

• Members
Re: 2000 points versus Orcs and Goblins
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 06:59:06 AM »
I would drop the second Engineer and add a few Halberdiers to the existing unit. I don't think a Engineer is necessary with the Great Cannon, that is just one guys opinion though. 

Offline Gregourious

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:36:20 AM »
How did your list go against the O&Gs. I know they always get very excited if I have knights. Fanatics, doom divers and manglers just destroy my heavy armour.
If facing them I find pistoliers and archer detachments are best to protect against he first two. Just run up and stand on them. Youmust keep them away from your knights at all cost. I always stay back until these threat are delt with.

With brings us to the over problem unit the DD. you have a few good options, cannons are best as they can take it out in the first round. You then have either pistoliers running up and charging or even better a captain of a Pegasus.

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 09:00:12 PM »
Hmm, firstly how did the Tournament go? Secondly, what would you change if this was a one-off game? Personally, I would start by changing that Captain; try something like

* Magic weapon of +1 OR +2 S
* Enchanted shield
* Ward save OR Ironcurse Icon

I disagree with the TGM general as you don't have enough cavalry to justify it; an infantry general in your main battleline would be better, and I would change the Captain to mounted, or take a mounted WP instead, possibly with smiliar gear to my suggestion above.

I'll wait and see if you reply to this before I suggest any more edits.....

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 10:07:38 PM »
Three strikes and you are out?
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)