home

Author Topic: Short 4-6 player Campaign.  (Read 2077 times)

Offline undivided.capital

• Members
Short 4-6 player Campaign.
« on: December 26, 2014, 11:24:00 PM »
Hey guys so I have been working on this idea for a short 4 - 6 player campaign. Please give any feedback, advice or ideas you might have to share.

So the idea is everyone brings an army of 1000 points in whatever army they select. Then each player is put on either team A or team B (this may be done semi randomly so we can get even teams and hopefully good fluff.

For the first round each player plays against one opposing player. If there are 6 players there should be 3 different scenarios set up. I would choose them as follows:

Watchtower
victory bonus: opponent deploys their whole army first next game but does not receive the first turn bonus

Bridge
victory bonus: may delay 300 points from entering next game

Scouting Skirmish
 victory bonus: one core unit may receive the "scout" special rule for the next match

Each team selects secretly which army will show up to each table. After the games the winners get the applicable bonuses and then come together to play the large 3v3 battle.

Has anyone ever tried something like this? Has it worked?
Would it be better with possibly 2 lead up matches each and then the final battle?
Are there reasons why this would not turn out well?

Thanks in advance!
Thanks,

Sam Taylor

Offline Sampson97

• Members
Re: Short 4-6 player Campaign.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 12:47:35 AM »
This sounds awesome in fact! I'd love to see a report and images of this afterwards :D And I believe years back White dwarf did something with a big ol' empire campaign when all the goodies suddenly appeared (like the new Greatswords) and they did smaller matches where the remnants of that surviving army (in say an ambush) appeared in the latter game so you could even have much smaller games of say 500 against 1000 where the ambushee has to flee from the ambusher to make it to the big battle!

Also, if there happens to be equal numbers on each side, and whomever appears on board is random...How about each army selects one opponent to have them as their arch enemy? Say like it gives characters certain bonuses (Likely onl the General) if they meet in combat, which could mean uper cool fluff duels! :D

Have fun! ^^

Offline undivided.capital

• Members
Re: Short 4-6 player Campaign.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 07:31:17 PM »
That's a really interesting idea with the Arch Nemesis! I think that would be a great addition to a second campaign. Once we all have it pretty well decided how it is coming along.
Thanks,

Sam Taylor