home

Author Topic: Questions from a village wantwit. Trolls.  (Read 52454 times)

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
Re: Questions from a village wantwit on Ar-Ulric
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2015, 10:28:55 PM »
If I am not mistaken, he is mentioned in End Times: Nagash. But in any case, as the Warhammer World is destroyed, it is rather clear what ultimately happened to him.

He is. And like many characters he just sort of disappears without another mention.

Unlike others who get turned into vampires, become a goddess, and then get their head chopped off because they don't want to be a vampire. The End times was very clearly a rushed project that lacked effective editorial control and oversight.

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2015, 10:22:16 PM »
It's possible he could have been in Middenheim at the time of it's fall.
Next, did the Imperial Dragon that was in the Altdorf zoo have a name ?
All will become clear later. I hope.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2015, 06:46:53 AM »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2015, 09:55:28 AM »
It is implied the Ar-Ulric is dead, imitated and replaced by the Changeling.

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2015, 09:39:36 PM »
Thanks for that Fidelis. Poor Mr Dragon, but since he has no history, that makes it even better.  :icon_idea: And is the Warhammer world really dead. :icon_wink:

Mr Dragon, in my humble opinion has to be Red then, because he breathed fire to save Gregor Martek from the beastmen.
Question for all the collector's out there. I want a nice big dragon, if possible larger than the Imrik one.
Cannot afford the GW Imperial collector Dragon. Any suggestions.

Sig, where is that hinted, something I've missed.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:49:47 PM by scrubber »

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2015, 10:07:27 AM »
The changeling is in Nagash.

As far as big dragons go, I'd check out reapermini.com they've got some big ones. The last bones kickstarter had one that was absolutely massive.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2015, 10:20:11 AM »
I forget the actual passages but as knightofhelance says, it's in Nagash. It is the Changeling as Ar-Ulric who leads Balthasar Gelt to reveal himself as a Necromancer in front of the Emperor, as "Ar-Ulric" convinces him Valten is going to assassinate Karl Franz and he summons undead to intervene, or something like that. I don't remember if the bits that are from the Changeling's point of view (I think there were some) are explicit about killing Valgeir, but I remember that it's implied.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2015, 10:22:33 AM »
Thanks for that Fidelis. Poor Mr Dragon, but since he has no history, that makes it even better.  :icon_idea: And is the Warhammer world really dead. :icon_wink:

Mr Dragon, in my humble opinion has to be Red then, because he breathed fire to save Gregor Martek from the beastmen.
Question for all the collector's out there. I want a nice big dragon, if possible larger than the Imrik one.
Cannot afford the GW Imperial collector Dragon. Any suggestions.

Sig, where is that hinted, something I've missed.

What GW Imperial Collector Dragon is there? 

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2015, 11:11:56 AM »
Games workshop/Citadel Imperial Dragon.

http://www.solegends.com/citdragon/thedragon/index.htm

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2015, 11:55:26 AM »
I did wonder if you meant that one.  On the rare occasion it does pop up on that well know internet auction site, it goes for over a £1000, so can understand why can't afford it. 

The Smaug from GW tend to get done in small batches, and I'd £295, so still expensive whenever it is stock on the website, but that is a huge model.    Most of the Forgeworld dragons are OOP,  But the Magma Dragon and Carmine Dragon are quite a bit bigger than Until

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2015, 11:44:10 PM »
If you want to go big, you can try to hunt down the CMON dragon (https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/cang.html). I'm not a great fan, but a lot of people seem to love it.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2015, 02:50:14 AM »
Makes me think of a fish with arms somehow.

Someone once said that at some point you may as well buy a "goth" dragon statuette from a smoke shop once you get to a certain size of dragon. We're hitting 'peak dragon' with that CMON one.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2015, 08:23:30 PM »
Makes me think of a fish with arms somehow.

That's a good way to put it.

My favorite dragon model by far is indeed the Carmine Dragon from Forgeworld. I really like that one. The GW Dark Elf dragon is also good, though the head is too large.

Offline scrubber

• Members
Re: Questions from a village wantwit. What's this model.
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2015, 03:41:24 PM »
Bad thing having some time to myself. Been digging in boxes again.

Can anyone identify the stone thrower/lobbers of some kind. Also is the dwarf on the right one of the early varients of the "White Dwarf" :icon_question:
Also if anyone interested I will be putting some very old dwarf citedal/grenadier figures on e-bay tonight.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:47:30 PM by scrubber »

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2015, 03:50:52 PM »
That's an old, 3rd at most Goblin stonethrower.  I think it was called the Man-Mangler, but I could be wrong.   

Can't tell with that dwarf, photo isn't clear enough, but it's not like any version of the White Dwarf minis I have, and I have most of the early ones.  It's got a solid base rather than slotta, so it's old if it's GW.  I have a solid based WD mini that came with an adventurers set, and it's not that one. 

Offline valmir

• Members
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2015, 12:17:19 PM »
Ooh, and it's a ROUND solid base. When - if ever - did wfb use round bases?
Quote from: rufus sparkfire
I'm pretty sure the dwarfs are carved from refined suck. I'd rather build an army out of lego.

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2015, 01:06:22 PM »

In the 80s, before the invention of the slota base.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2015, 01:18:04 PM »

WFB never used round bases, but that sort of base was common on miniatures 30 years ago, and would still have been stuck on a square piece of card or a tray to play the game. 

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2015, 01:44:03 PM »
Sort of gives my age away as well. Some figures even late 70's. Happy days.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 10:27:27 PM by scrubber »

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2015, 08:07:42 PM »
It's also visible in your profile.

Offline scrubber

• Members
Re: Questions from a village wantwit. street map altdorf
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2015, 10:26:56 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a street map of Altdorf. Looking for west gate, barrack area and Imperial zoo. Want road names and prominent buildings. Thankyou in advance.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2015, 10:28:57 PM »
Not sure if there is such a specific map that is in that much detail.  Will have a look through what I have though, and then try and find where I got it from

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2015, 10:34:44 PM »

WFB never used round bases, but that sort of base was common on miniatures 30 years ago, and would still have been stuck on a square piece of card or a tray to play the game.

Well, in theory. But I can tell you they just as often simply got lumped into a formation that got the point across.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a street map of Altdorf. Looking for west gate, barrack area and Imperial zoo. Want road names and prominent buildings. Thankyou in advance.

More or less all the available maps can be found here: http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/warhammer-maps.html.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2015, 11:01:19 PM »

Biggest printed official map is from End Times Glottkin.   Poster sized.  But it is different in several places to anything previously official or unofficial.  Almost like they deliberately changed it for the sake of it.  Bull$hit reason if they did.   And it's mainly for showing where the glottkin battles took place.
Online, look for a PDF by Magnus Seter, it doesn't have many street names though.  There is an official map of the zoo, but I'm not sure which book it's from.  By the style it's a 3rd ed book.  I suspect it's The Enemy Within.  Give me a while to dig through.

Other than that, there isn't much I can find, and I have many maps I've found over the years