home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 261671 times)

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #725 on: June 26, 2017, 08:05:07 PM »
Quote from: Ghaz 723873 9454502 61329169faf765a42754bd489768d085.jpg
From Warhammer Community:

[size=13]The General’s Handbook 2017 – Announced[/size]

The General’s Handbook release last year proved to be perhaps the most important book released so far for Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

It introduced the revolutionary concept of the 3 Ways to Play – open, narrative and matched play – and was packed with a massive amount of content for any Warhammer Age of Sigmar fan. You gamers out there loved it, and we saw an explosion of Warhammer Age of Sigmar gaming across the world, from narrative campaigns to awesome multiplayer wars, and a huge increase in matched play tournaments.

But this book was only ever going to be the beginning.

The General’s Handbook is to be the mechanism by which the game is continually supported every year, and we’re delighted to announce today that a sequel is on the way.

The General’s Handbook 2017 will again be an invaluable resource for any Warhammer Age of Sigmar gamer.

For open play, the multiplayer rules have been massively expanded, and now include Triumph & Treachery – devious rules for mid-game betrayals.

Narrative players are about to get really spoilt. With Path to Glory soon to become its own stand-alone expansion, this section has been freed up for a huge amount of new content in the 2017 edition. Highlights include rules for siege warfare in the Mortal Realms and Time of War battlefield rules for locations in every realm (even the one’s we haven’t been to yet!).

Matched play is set to get plenty of updates too. These include new Battleplans, new rules of one, and updated points for units in every faction in the Mortal Realms.

Perhaps most excitingly of all are the new Allegiance Abilities. These are much expanded from those four Grand Alliance army-traits from the previous General’s Handbook. The new book will cover Allegiance Abilities for the likes of Fyreslayers, Seraphon, Slaaneshi hosts, Nighthaunts and over a dozen others.

This book is going to be seriously awesome for any Warhammer Age of Sigmar fan.

For those of you with the current edition, loads of the content in there – such as the battleplans, narrative games and campaign overviews – will remain valuable gaming content, so it will be well worth keeping hold of.

The General’s Handbook 2017 is on the way later this year, and like it’s predecessor, will come in an affordable paperback format.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #726 on: June 27, 2017, 07:04:26 AM »
I looked at the warscroll builder app and had no idea what it was all about.
To me, its learning a whole new game, but with some models I already have, and a bunch I dont. The rules, names of things, stat lines are all different. It requires multiple books or supplements, as opposed to incremental edition changes in warhammer where previous books retained meaning.

It is too much for me to be honest. Maybe its because I am older. Maybe its because sometimes I am resistant to change. Maybe its because I have no one to game with me.

I am glad it seems simple to you baron. But to me, it is a hell of a lot of stuff for a 2 year old game. I see no reason why i should start it over any other, because it requires new learning, models and supplements. My trust in their game system is gone, and my interest in the fluff is not there.

I'm not trying to be difficult, and I really want to like it. I like some of the new models, they are fantastic and imaginative. Wood elves and insects, dwarf sky pirates, all cool stuff. Its just too hard now for me.

But i guess thats who i felt about warmahordes too.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #727 on: June 27, 2017, 07:17:32 AM »
Well to each their own. It's your hobby, you should decide how you enjoy it. :::cheers:::

As for the GH news, very interesting they make sure to mention the Slaanesh allegiance. The new Campaign this year is looking very likely to revolve around the dark prince.

This bolds ill for Sigmar's cities, though. The nobility already show corruption in having expensive banquets and half-naked servants to cater to their whims. With Slaanesh being freed the smooth expansion of civilization might grind to a halt.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #728 on: June 27, 2017, 10:43:30 AM »
Do you think that could mean more fundamental sigmarite type releases, like flagellant options?
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #729 on: June 28, 2017, 03:57:01 AM »
Possibly if things go south for the realms by Slaanesh's return.

Their importance lore-wise has gone down due to civilized armies taking their place and fewer recruits of disenfranchised survivors for them. Kinda telling that they've gone from erstwhile allies waiting in caves and ruins across the realms to strike back at chaos to mostly now being used to purify the ground of the new cities with their blood by flagellating themselves.

The skirmish implies this too as the journey to the city destroys large armies and leaves few survivors. Their absence means there's not enough to survive the trip.

With Slaanesh causing the corruption of excess and pleasure again their fanatical type would be needed again to bring Sigmar's faith back to his cities and maintain it with their devotion.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #730 on: June 28, 2017, 08:41:01 AM »
Where is this stuff about Slaanesh coming from?   I've not read anything about that. 

As for Devoted of Sigmar, I don't know about flagellants, but Witch Hunters are certainly expanding, with the Order of Azyr, as mentioned in City of Secrets

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #731 on: June 28, 2017, 12:46:19 PM »
From here:

Perhaps most excitingly of all are the new Allegiance Abilities. These are much expanded from those four Grand Alliance army-traits from the previous General’s Handbook. The new book will cover Allegiance Abilities for the likes of Fyreslayers, Seraphon, Slaaneshi hosts, Nighthaunts and over a dozen others.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #732 on: June 28, 2017, 01:32:11 PM »
From here:

I meant where did Baron Von Klatz get this from
Well to each their own. It's your hobby, you should decide how you enjoy it. :::cheers:::

As for the GH news, very interesting they make sure to mention the Slaanesh allegiance. The new Campaign this year is looking very likely to revolve around the dark prince.

This bolds ill for Sigmar's cities, though. The nobility already show corruption in having expensive banquets and half-naked servants to cater to their whims. With Slaanesh being freed the smooth expansion of civilization might grind to a halt.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #733 on: June 28, 2017, 04:30:19 PM »

Oh, just alot of Slaanesh activity in the books and a confirmed campaign is making people put the two together.

Also GW's hinted at working on a Slaanesh storyline.

Quote from: Warhams-77 723873 9455941 null
With the latest info (via Chikout, from WTV livestream) that GW is working on a future Slaanesh release I have zero doubt that after the 40k/AoS Tzeentch products in 2016/2017 and the upcoming Nurgle releases (it looks like 40k and AoS) we will see a similiar treatment to the Slaanesh (Daemons and Emperor Children) ranges and a return to Khorne (40k Angron at least). I'm sure there will be a lot of Chaos releases in the next three years or so.

[size=9]Automatically Appended Next Post:[/size]
There have also already been several hints by Black Library authors that they are working on an upcoming Slaanesh storyline for AoS

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #734 on: June 28, 2017, 08:38:38 PM »
I haven't read all the AoS novels, but I have read all the Realmgate Wars campaign books, and while there are mentions of Slaanesh's followers here and there, I've not seen anything prominent enough to make me think it's any more than a mention to stem rumours that Slaanesh is being dropped.  i don't recall anything from City of Secrets, which only one of two novels released this year.

Where is the campaign confirmed? 

I keep track of rumours from many sites and facebook pages, and watch Warhammer Live, and i've seen nothing about a campaign for Age of Sigmar, either in book form or a global one like Season of War last summer.  There is a 40k summer campaign, Fate of Konor coming.   And again, I don't recall anything being mentioned about Slaanesh.

I'm not saying what you're saying isn't true, but I'd like to see the sources for myself. 

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #735 on: June 28, 2017, 10:13:32 PM »
Haha, that's okay if you question my sources. As a Bretonnian player I know how it feels to get rumor burned. :icon_wink:

Anyway, the most recent Slaanesh hints were from a Slaanesh short story of a warband going after a artifact that could reveal it's location. Seraphon intercepted them but the leader got a glimpse of something in the crystal, it was left unclear if he saw Slaanesh's location. There's also the Hammerhal game that has a Slaanesh lord looking for his master.

So things seem to be pointing to Slaanesh this year.

On the campaign,  you're right, I mistook the announcement of a world-wide community-organised event as one.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/723322.page?userfilterid=90752

It could be a campaign but it's not definitely stated as one so I jumped the gun on that.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #736 on: June 29, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »
i got Cheers

Ok, so that looks like this short story, part of the Call of Chaos advent calendar stories.   I might have a read up on those.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar/quick-reads/godless-ebook.html

I need read the Shadows of Hammerhal booklet.  I was going to wait until I got round to playing it, as I was hoping to do a full run through of Silver Tower first.   But that Silver Tower run through went wonky, when one of the players is Slambo, and he levels up so fast, that it means it's nearly impossible to get a respite, and we're getting caught out with so many ambushes and not getting through.  I think we'll have to reset, and choose alternate characters, or give up

Ah, so the Coalescence event was the global thing.  That was independently organised, but endorsed by GW.   I don't know if they will take any story events into account for the background though.   I think the Coalescene is by NEO (Narrative Event Organisers).  They came on WHTV live once, and I believe they are planning a number of one off global narrative events, and some narrative "tournament" events

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #737 on: June 29, 2017, 10:29:00 AM »
Haha, sorry to here about your Slambo roadblock. Though it sounds like he's working as intended with him being such a community meme. I do hope you get it sorted out though so you can progress, Hammerhal is a real treat and really has alot of depth to it.

Good reasoning on the Coalescence event being the global activity they mentioned. Remains to be seen if any storyline will come from it but rumor-mongers do keep hinting at more big things coming this year so we'll have to see what pans out.

Regardless, the narrative focus does make me happy about all these new directions GW is taking. There seems to always be something amazing around the corner with AoS. :icon_biggrin:

Last note as I've been away for awhile, how many here know about the upcoming Eight Lamentations book?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #738 on: June 29, 2017, 11:06:04 AM »
Last note as I've been away for awhile, how many here know about the upcoming Eight Lamentations book?

Not a thing 😸
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #739 on: June 29, 2017, 01:27:23 PM »
http://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/september/spear-of-shadows-ebook.html

Book 1 of the Eight Lamentations trilogy

Eight mighty artefacts, crafted by the dark servants of Chaos, blight the Mortal Realms. The Ruinous Powers hunt them – and so do a group of heroes, chosen by Grungni for this dangerous and essential task.

READ IT BECAUSE
It's a different kind of Age of Sigmar story, and the first of a trilogy, at that! A classic quest story with a disparate group of heroes drawn together by fate and unimaginable consequences if they fail… sounds unmissable.

THE STORY
In the beginning, there was fire. And from fire came eight weapons of terrible power, honed to a killing edge by the chosen weaponsmiths of Khorne. Now, as the Mortal Realms echo with the thunder of war, the great powers hunt the eight wherever they might be found – whatever the cost. In a city of prophecy and secrets, Grungni, smith-god of the duardin, gathers together a group of mortal warriors from across the realms in order to seek the first of the eight. But they are not alone in their quest; agents of the Ruinous Powers want the weapon for themselves. Now the race is on, as man, duardin and daemon alike seek to claim the Spear of Shadows...

Written by Josh Reynolds

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #740 on: June 29, 2017, 08:14:31 PM »
Thank you sir! I love josh Reynolds stuff
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #741 on: June 30, 2017, 09:58:50 AM »
Reynolds seems to be by far the most prolific author for Age of Sigmar.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #742 on: June 30, 2017, 11:13:14 AM »
Interesting story line. I must confess, I only have ever bought / read 2 warhammer novels - Grudge Bearer and Ambassador Chronicles. Both were ok and had memorable bits. Fun trash fiction. People have recommended various gotrek and felix, but the premise doesn't interest me all that much. This story line you just mentioned seems vaguely more interesting.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #743 on: July 10, 2017, 11:54:19 AM »
Josh's stuff is always worth a read. :wink: (so is Chris' novels)

Anyway, new start collecting kits on the way.

Quote from: Kanluwen 723873 9482385 af19f998e5e56a6263a9964853db5aa2.jpg
Quote from: Bottle 723873 9482353 534a7cb8f3b4659127fe9c5132354efd.png

Fyreslayer start collecting, oh myyyyyy gooooooodddddddd!!!!
Fyreslayers and Daemons of Slaanesh at least, but I don't recognize the middle off the top of my head.

At least I think the one to the right is Daemons of Slaanesh...

Recent community site teaser has the Cthulu elves rumors flying again.

Quote from: zamerion 709691 9473898 null

And just a fun bit of narrative I saw on Reddit. :)

http://extrabushybeards.blogspot.fi/2017/07/the-great-book-of-grudges.html?m=1

[Edit]: That middle picture is ogres, btw.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #744 on: August 21, 2017, 05:05:31 PM »
So, there is a new (additional) starter box coming

With a number of old units, but new heroes

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #745 on: August 21, 2017, 06:02:15 PM »
So, there is a new (additional) starter box coming

With a number of old units, but new heroes

By the gods!

BY THE GODS!!!!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #746 on: August 21, 2017, 06:04:41 PM »
It must be fun in Granpa's garden. Even the bait seems to be having fun!!
Incredible model.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #747 on: August 23, 2017, 12:29:12 PM »
The female Stormcast looks really cool. Kinda reminds me of a female version of Primarch Angron from Forgeworld. :-P
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #748 on: August 23, 2017, 03:42:57 PM »
I like that she comes with a normal head version. I like it a lot. Don't care a great deal about the demons, but slug lord man is a neat model.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #749 on: August 23, 2017, 11:29:59 PM »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989