home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 258145 times)

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1075 on: August 30, 2019, 03:20:08 PM »
They look horrible. I was hoping for better. I am hoping its the paintjob.

I also don't like the lore. Now its just dead stormcast, but with multiple spirits crammed into a body!

I noticed that and thought it was pretty lazy to be honest.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1076 on: August 30, 2019, 04:15:21 PM »
Ugh, the thought that ... humans in the Olde World form the spirits of the Stormcrud Eternals, and their spirits are then crammed into W:AoS Necrons, and that eventually this could become the Necrons of 40K ... complete crud that needs to be flushed down the toilet. :icon_lol:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gargolock

• Members
« Reply #1077 on: August 30, 2019, 07:34:14 PM »
Oh I do not like those. Those do not look good to me. The horsemen aren't that bad but the rest are just worse Necrons. I like some of the actual AoS factions designs but these are just bad.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1078 on: September 07, 2019, 01:28:39 PM »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1079 on: September 07, 2019, 02:17:50 PM »
This is so not inspiring. :icon_sad:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1080 on: September 07, 2019, 11:37:01 PM »
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 11:49:09 PM by Victor »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1081 on: September 08, 2019, 12:32:41 AM »
Look at the adorable little legs on that big guy!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1082 on: September 08, 2019, 03:04:24 AM »
And I thought the Stormcrud eternals were bad.  This might be making the fantasy space marines look a bit better.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #1083 on: September 08, 2019, 04:12:58 AM »
Being that the name for the faction is something like Boneruler Bonereapers, I think how awful they look fits the name.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1084 on: September 08, 2019, 11:40:19 AM »
I actually like that big thingy. Very much. The rest will have to grow on me.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1085 on: September 08, 2019, 12:18:48 PM »
Sorry ... but now we have fantasy Necrons in league with fantasy Tyranids.  Bah!

You heard it here first.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1086 on: September 08, 2019, 12:45:25 PM »
Quote GP: fantasy Tyranids

Maybe? They do look suspicious.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1087 on: September 08, 2019, 02:10:53 PM »
Look at the little evil head peering out between those smaller arms in the middle of the bony monsters chest.  Then mix that with the tail, and the chopping arms ... it's a freaking early version of a tyranid.

So I can see it now, Nagash sets in motion the early version of Necrons (before it was cool to be a Necron ... lol), but little does he know that tyranids develop as worse creatures are developed into large living zombies of the beast created by the fantasy Necrons.  Then there is a revolution, the early versions of the fleshy Tyranids revolt against the mechanical nature of the early Necrons as the Necrons begin developing along the lines of high tech undead, and the Tyranids move in the direction of living zombie creatures.

It is a ghastly history, and written here first. If GW comes up with this idea, they stole it from me. :icon_wink:

They'll claim I just guessed correctly, I'm sure.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1088 on: September 08, 2019, 02:21:29 PM »
Are you secretly working for GW, GP?
That sounds pretty good.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #1089 on: September 09, 2019, 02:20:36 PM »
I like the idea behind them, and with a different paintjob and no stupid grins or clown faces, I can see them looking mighty fine on the tabletop. I'm all for wacky, bizarre beasts in an Undead faction (one of my Mordheim warbands was an undead Carnival marching band, with instruments and all).

But, as someone said in TGA, they are capital G goofy, and serious minded people will need time to adapt.

When they released the "new" Imperial state troopers I complained for weeks about their moron faces, the lack of pomp and breeches, and the fact that some had ragged clothes or were barefoot. Now I love these quirks. It's nice when your Reikland regiment looks drilled and uniformed, while your Sitrland troops look ragtag and broke.

Also, the Mortarch and his liutenants... that's a very fine model.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1090 on: September 09, 2019, 02:27:20 PM »
Look at the little evil head peering out between those smaller arms in the middle of the bony monsters chest.  Then mix that with the tail, and the chopping arms ... it's a freaking early version of a tyranid.

So I can see it now, Nagash sets in motion the early version of Necrons (before it was cool to be a Necron ... lol), but little does he know that tyranids develop as worse creatures are developed into large living zombies of the beast created by the fantasy Necrons.  Then there is a revolution, the early versions of the fleshy Tyranids revolt against the mechanical nature of the early Necrons as the Necrons begin developing along the lines of high tech undead, and the Tyranids move in the direction of living zombie creatures.

It is a ghastly history, and written here first. If GW comes up with this idea, they stole it from me. :icon_wink:

They'll claim I just guessed correctly, I'm sure.
Are you secretly working for GW, GP?
That sounds pretty good.
I've been called a lot of things in my life, but never a GW employee.  Besides, they'd now probably fire me, unless of course I was just planting this idea to see how it goes over with fans. :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

I thank SteveB for inspiring me to broaden my horizons when it came to fantastical stuff, yet even he might not be thrilled with the look of these ... abominations.  He might have come up with a similar story though.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1091 on: September 09, 2019, 03:28:20 PM »
I think I'd like the Mortarch with a different colour scheme. And I do like the Japanese influence on some of them. It's a nice change, and the helmets especially look pretty neat.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1092 on: September 09, 2019, 04:57:31 PM »
*** zak continues to bang his head against the wall***

Why GW why would you kill a perfectly good game for this???  :cry:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1093 on: September 11, 2019, 04:05:22 AM »
I dont understand the anatomy or biological elements that would go over those type of bones? I think to appreciate an undead aesthetic, you need to know what the living one looks like first.

It looks like the bone is armour, rather than structural. So exo-skeletons? What creatures did this come from?
Its just not well thought out.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #1094 on: September 11, 2019, 09:14:54 AM »
I dont understand the anatomy or biological elements that would go over those type of bones? I think to appreciate an undead aesthetic, you need to know what the living one looks like first.

It looks like the bone is armour, rather than structural. So exo-skeletons? What creatures did this come from?
Its just not well thought out.

they aren't from a creature... but mutiple put together and mashed up to "build" something new
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1095 on: September 11, 2019, 02:52:58 PM »
It's better to think of them like the Tomb Kings ushabti or bone giants, but with a soul spark in them instead of just magic. They've been constructed out of pieces and smoothed like sculptures to make warriors, not just animated off a battlefield.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1096 on: September 11, 2019, 04:40:04 PM »
Looks like Fantasy Necrons with Tyranid forerunners to me. Nagash founded two 40K factions! :icon_wink: :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1097 on: September 12, 2019, 04:48:18 AM »
With what pieces? Pieces from what?
They fit together too smoothly to form humanoid bodies, yet the bones are more exoskeleton than structural.
They have skull faces - from what?

If the story was they ground up bones and they fused metal and bone to sculpt armour, it would make more sense. If they are composites, then they should be way more deformed. Again, this just demonstrates complete lack of anatomy and common sense.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #1098 on: September 12, 2019, 09:11:11 AM »
They fit together too smoothly to form humanoid bodies, yet the bones are more exoskeleton than structural.

If the story was they ground up bones and they fused metal and bone to sculpt armour, it would make more sense. If they are composites, then they should be way more deformed. Again, this just demonstrates complete lack of anatomy and common sense.

We will have to wait till the Battletome for the complete story behind the "construction"of these to be sure
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #1099 on: September 12, 2019, 05:12:34 PM »

I have to agree. They are supposed to be constructs, but they're not very imaginative. Maybe Nagash has little creativity.

I like the big monster because it's a wild bone construct, though. The Morghasts, while I loathe their dessign and overall appearance, are a better idea, conceptually speaking, than the "just joker guys made of bone".