home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 263338 times)

Offline Champildhir

• Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/juan.pascualanaya
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #325 on: March 08, 2016, 02:05:36 AM »
I like the idea of the cavalry riding Dracoths and the riders look ace... but why..why.. make a whole battletome evolve around 1 box of dracoth knights with 4 weapon options (which then leaves out so much diveristy between different units.. bar the weapons) and some stardrake probably also in 2-3 options like the Magmadroth.. and then mayhap 1 more kit..

It will have 7 warscrolls. The drake appears in the background of one of the photos revealed, check it out :)

I had also the same thought as you SKS: https://twitter.com/champildhir/status/706875460265771008

This should have been released when the rest of the Stormcast were. I bought recently the Stormcast Eternals battletome, and now this one is coming... I cannot avoid feeling like deceived somehow. I like AoS so far, the fluff and the models (and although here in Japan I don't get to play anyone, I follow online different battle reports and forums and the more I read, the more I like the game system as well...)... but IMHO I don't think GW's strategy is good in this particular case. If these had been released last year, they could have moved now to the Orruks (which are coming finally next month) and get forward a little bit into other factions sooner, because my feeling is that most of old fantasy players that are still willing to give it a try to AoS are actually waiting for what is going to be the background of other factions like Aelfs and the Free People. And let's not forget that they are releasing a new model for the Knight Heraldor.... I really don't see the point of that and I believe that one was not scheduled, and it is just a patch because people didn't really like the previous one. Maybe?

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #326 on: March 08, 2016, 10:49:37 PM »
rules out for the cav dudes

10" Movement, 7 Bravery, 5 Wounds each, and they all have 3+ armor and a reroll on 1.

Hammer and Axe Guys have a Storm Blast with 12", 1 Attack, 4+ to Hit which then deals D3 Mortal Wounds.

Crossbow and Lance Guys have a different Breath Attack called Lightning Surge that has 6" reach, D3 Attacks, hits on 3+ and deals a Mortal Wound (2 if the Dracoth is within 3" of its target). Dracoth Claws are 1", 3 Attacks with 3+/3+. -1 and 1 (which turns into a D6 if your Wound Roll was a 6).

Fulminators (Lance Guys) have 2" reach, 3 Attacks each with 3+/3+, -1 and 1. They get a "Glaive-Ward" that gives them a +1 on their Save roll during the Shooting Phase. They also get 3 Damage instead of 1 during the turn they've charged in.

Tempestors have Volleystorm Crossbows with 12", 4 Attacks with 3+/4*, no Rend and 1 plus Warblades with 1", 3 Attacks with 3+/4+, no Rend and 1. They have a Special Rule called "Harassing Fire" (or something like that...) that can be announced at the beginning of the Shooting Phase that makes them all attack one designated enemy unit - and that unit has a -1 on each of their "To Hit"-Rolls until your next Hero Phase.

Concussors (Hammer Guys) have 1", 3 Attacks with 3+/3+, -1 and 2 Damage with an Additional Mortal Wound if the Hit Roll was a 6 (NOTE: Additionally, not instead of!) which stuns the Enemy Unit and disables their Piling In if they haven't .

Desolators (Axe Guys) have 2", 3 Attacks with 4+/3+, -1 and 2 Damage...and they get extra Attacks if you have more models in their unit. 4 Attacks on 4 Models, and 6 Attacks for at least 6 models. CASH GRAB ALERT

Lord-Celestant now has options for Thunderaxe (2", 3 Attacks with 3+/3+, -1 and 2 Damage which gains 1 additional attack for each Stormcast Unit within 5"), Stormstrike Glaive (2", 4 Attacks with 3+/4+, -1 and 1, which, in case he has charged in that turn, becomes a -2 and 3 Damage), Lightning Hammer (1", 3 Attacks, 3+, 3+, -1 and 2 Damage which becomes 2 Mortal Wounds for each Hit Roll of 6 that also stuin the enemy unit and disables their Piling In), and the good old Tempestos Hammer (with 2", 3 Attacks with 3+/2+, -1 and D3 Damage plus an additional D3 attacks in the turn he has charged). Now gets a Reroll on Save Rolls of 1 due to his shield, and he has the old Lightning Breath with 12" that on a 4+ (each unit separately) deals D3 Mortal Wounds to units within 2" of that spot - both friend and foe.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

• Members
« Reply #327 on: March 11, 2016, 11:47:16 PM »
Pictures of the new dragon (saw one in the B&P come by also)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:49:27 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #328 on: March 14, 2016, 08:56:15 AM »
I can't believe I'm saying that, but this Dragon is really, really cool looking. Might grab it for a small conversion, as a KF's alternative to Deathclaw.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #329 on: March 14, 2016, 04:08:41 PM »
That is a pretty bad ass looking model.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #330 on: March 15, 2016, 10:18:24 PM »
I like the big dragon! The little drakes are pretty good to, although I prefer the riders with different weapons. The handbow ones just look a bit to much like guns. Otherwise they look great!

• Members
« Reply #331 on: March 16, 2016, 06:58:15 PM »
http://imgur.com/a/0BGzI

scrolling down to the rules.. pretty good, carvernous jaws might see some spite though as it can be used against monsters and hero's alike

rolling a 6 oh... bye bye hero/monster of 5 wounds
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 07:06:01 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #332 on: March 17, 2016, 11:18:34 AM »
http://imgur.com/a/0BGzI

scrolling down to the rules.. pretty good, carvernous jaws might see some spite though as it can be used against monsters and hero's alike

rolling a 6 oh... bye bye hero/monster of 5 wounds

Yeah, with up to 3 attempts if it's at full health, and it ha a good chance of weakening some of those heroes in the shooting phase.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #333 on: March 17, 2016, 02:13:03 PM »
It seems GW have taken off the tinfoil hats, and opened Facebook pages for 40k and AoS

AoS link:-

https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhammerAgeofSigmar/?fref=ts

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #334 on: March 18, 2016, 07:48:55 AM »
I really, really, really need those Stormcast knights! :icon_eek:

It seems GW have taken off the tinfoil hats, and opened Facebook pages for 40k and AoS

AoS link:-

https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhammerAgeofSigmar/?fref=ts

Welp, I now have actual incentive to join facebook. :wink:

also, I don't think it's been mentioned but I'm hearing strong rumors of a upcoming Tzeentch vs Duardin starter kit.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

• Members
« Reply #335 on: March 18, 2016, 05:07:29 PM »
also a rumor that GW will actively set up a tournament scene for 40k and AoS with a sort of point system for AoS

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #336 on: March 18, 2016, 09:30:28 PM »
Latest comments on the points thing is that it's not so much points for units, but points for playing, or achieving things in games.   And AoS will have scenarios that suit different army builds.   

It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out like the most recent Warhammer World AoS events, and how those events are scored, and using the Laurels of Victory scoring system in the event battleplans

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

• Members
« Reply #337 on: March 19, 2016, 02:47:32 PM »
indeed that is what you get when warseer picks up on something over at Bols lol!  :eusa_wall:

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #338 on: March 20, 2016, 10:20:54 PM »
Their decision not to do a points system was just dumb.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #339 on: March 20, 2016, 11:54:35 PM »
indeed that is what you get when warseer picks up on something. over at Bols lol!  :eusa_wall:

Indeed, they are quite the source of misinformation these days.

@Syn Ace, at the beginning it was not a wise but I think it's better that they don't use points now as I feel they'd lose more players now than gain.

The balancing comps like the Azyr system are very popular with AoS players and GW making the points and restricting previously usable forces from official play would be a negative move.

Edit: oh yeah, last audio novel mentioned human auxiliaries (just in a small mention) and Mannfred was afraid of an Orruk who was an herald of something called the Great Red. Chaos Orruks maybe?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 12:07:14 AM by Baron von Klatz »

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #340 on: March 21, 2016, 09:44:42 AM »
I don't think I'd like a points system like old Warhammer for AoS now I've played it enough.  I love having the freedom to build any army I feel like with no restrictions.  I can just go with a theme, or try stuff out.

I've not really used a comp system other than wounds, that's a bit hit and miss if you are just playing a straight battle.   Battleplans can often benefit an underdog

• Members
« Reply #341 on: March 21, 2016, 04:17:43 PM »
I think using battalion scrolls together with wounds would work great either filling up the units within the battalion scroll or fill it up with loose (no hero/monster) units till the set wounds.

• Members
« Reply #342 on: March 21, 2016, 04:23:08 PM »
new models for existing warscrolls of khorne with extra weapon options I suppose coming up:

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #343 on: March 21, 2016, 09:43:59 PM »
"Aspiring Deathbringer".

Aspiring.
Deathbringer.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #344 on: March 21, 2016, 11:41:54 PM »
Some guys try as hard as they can, but still can't get stuff done apparently.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #345 on: March 22, 2016, 12:56:02 AM »
Must have only killed Stormcasts, so it doesn't count. :-P (there actually is a novel where a chaos warrior has to kill the same Stormcast over and over again. It made me think, Dark Souls: the boss perspective. :wink:)

Awesome to see about the upcoming order alliance, that's a must buy for me. :icon_biggrin:

I guess that's why the Bretonnians were sold out recently,  it didn't make sense at first as the Tomb kings went out with the death alliance book.

Here's hoping we see some Order start collecting boxes. :::cheers:::

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #346 on: March 22, 2016, 07:55:10 AM »
Bretonnians on the website have been on life support since The End Times at least,  And rumours they are going to going soon have fueled people buying before they sell out

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #347 on: March 22, 2016, 08:00:49 AM »
Indeed, there's a truth to that.

I also think they never made it to last chance to buy was because the models varied to wildly on who had what in stock. One country had trees another country didn't but still had pegs, that sort of thing.

Going to have to kitbash for future GW approved Bretonnians.  Oh well, I like a challenge.  :-D

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #348 on: March 25, 2016, 06:14:25 PM »
Well here's two things:

First, Bretonnia is heavily rumored to be going on the last chance to buy section this Saturday. Which is better than everything just going out of stock as it previously looked like. Going to be buying alot for my birthday. :-D

Also, the grand alliance order battletome is going to be on pre-order Saturday as well.

Secondly, this: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/575

Lots of order models are getting the axe to make room for future AoS stock. Better stock up on your favorite characters now!

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #349 on: March 25, 2016, 07:47:32 PM »
There are 253 warscrolls  in Order in the app.  Grand Alliance Order book will have 175.    Not a surprise that lots of stuff going last chance to buy.   Most of the characters going is no surprise, nor the metal and resin stuff.   There may be some stuff that will go or stay that doesn't fit that. 

We will find out for sure once NZ prior Dersingham and Last Chance to Buy goes live in a couple of hours

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk