home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 261697 times)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #526 on: December 20, 2016, 03:58:39 PM »
What's Warhammer TV? GW's new YouTube channel?

It's a Youtube channel also, but in this regard we refer to the Twitch channel on which the broadcast live stuff
https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
« Reply #527 on: December 20, 2016, 06:13:01 PM »
O.K, thanks; I'm actually on Twitch, so I'll have to reset my password and subscribe to it....

• Members
« Reply #528 on: December 21, 2016, 01:15:25 PM »
- new battletome will be all of Tzeentch!
- path to glory table included for Tzeentch
- allegiance table -> dice roll influencing
- 3 sub factions -> Arcanites, Daemons, Mortals
- Own spell lores - Lore of Faith (mortals and arcanites) Lore of Change (Daemons)
- points values in the back of the book (from chat)
- Tzaangor Shaman (on disc) complete warscroll was shown
- Tzaangor Skyfires complete warscroll shown (no picture of model)

will update this post with news as it comes
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 01:42:45 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #529 on: December 21, 2016, 01:20:55 PM »
Looking forward to this!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

• Members
« Reply #530 on: December 21, 2016, 01:53:26 PM »
that was about it

• Members
« Reply #531 on: December 21, 2016, 02:15:50 PM »

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #532 on: December 21, 2016, 07:53:07 PM »
Well now we know what the Duardin have been battling in the skies of the metal realm..*

Can't wait to see what the Duardin bring to the field. :-D

(*in novels dealing with the realm of metal strange lights are seen high above in the sky. Josh's next book will also focus on a air battle among other things..)
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
« Reply #533 on: December 21, 2016, 08:21:25 PM »
Well now we know what the Duardin have been battling in the skies of the metal realm..*

Can't wait to see what the Duardin bring to the field. :-D

(*in novels dealing with the realm of metal strange lights are seen high above in the sky. Josh's next book will also focus on a air battle among other things..)
So the Duardin are the former Dwarfs, I know the Empire and Brettonia are the 'Free Peoples'(they'd better hope the Tolkien Estate don't sue); what are the other factions/armies known as now?

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #534 on: December 21, 2016, 09:45:20 PM »
Well there's three types of dwarfs/Duardin: Dispossessed(classic ones), Fyreslayers and Steamhead Duardin.

Elves/Aelves: High elves are divided into the Eldritch Council (their mages and mystical beasts), the Order Draconis(their knight order made of dragon princes riding horses and dragons) and the Swifthawk agents(flying errand boys-er scouts).

Dark elves are called Exiles and are the bad elements in Sigmar's cities like cultists and smugglers(not surprising as they only pay him lip-service and Malerion is their only master): Daughters of Khaine and Darkling Covens are their cult sects, Order Serpentis(their version of a knight order) and Scourge Privateers are pirate smugglers(also where the Order Draconis get their mounts when desperate).

Wood elves are split into Wanderers and the Sylvaneth. Probably would've stayed the same but the elf element abandoned the realm of life when Nurgle's power became too strong and they couldn't weather the diseases. So Alarielle holds a grudge against them for that.

The lizardmen are the Seraphon.

Chaos barbarians are called Mortals and are under "Slaves of Darkness", Beastmen are Brayherds and chaos dwarfs are the Legions of Azgohr.

Orcs are Orruks, Goblins are Grots, Trolls are Troggoths and Ogres are Ogors.

For death it's more of an alternative naming as vampires are called soul-blights but are referred to as vampires as well. (So like what elf and asur was for the Old World)

Also, about the new Tzeentch stuff, I heard in the new Tzeentch fluff that he had his cults infiltrate and grow in the three cities that were fought over in the season campaign and is playing the long game of conquering them through treachery.

Hopefully they don't get as bad as Talabheim was. That place was filthy with Tzeentch cultists. (I guess a underground warp-stone meteor will do that though.)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 09:48:12 PM by Baron von Klatz »

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #535 on: December 23, 2016, 12:39:18 AM »
A bit more from tabletop gamers diary. A favorite of mine.
A note to AOS haters etc. This is a great site that examines pretty much every faction and starts from the beginning in a battle report diary. Wether you hate or love it, it's a great and fun presentation of this game format.

https://ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/2016/12/21/preview-disciples-of-tzeentch/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:54:23 AM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
« Reply #536 on: December 23, 2016, 07:50:23 PM »
A note to AOS haters etc. This is a great site that examines pretty much every faction and starts from the beginning in a battle report diary. Wether you hate or love it, it's a great and fun presentation of this game format.

My biggest problem with AOS is the SEVERE lack of game balance, and the fact that I simpy prefer the Warhammer-style regimental system. If I wanted to quit Fantasy, I would probably just change to WH40K, rather than AOS....

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #537 on: December 24, 2016, 05:24:58 AM »
Haha, well quite a few people would be willing to argue about the balance but I can't say why you should choose it over Wfb or 40k. It's your hobby, play what you like.  :-)

Ah, good job posting that. I really need to update the MongooseMatt thread(among many other things..) when I find more time.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #538 on: December 24, 2016, 06:19:56 AM »
I've generally found the balance to be pretty good. My group is pretty casual of course so we have a bit of a chat about the game before we play but even otherwise I've only had one game that was really unbalanced. Plus for that it was just as much my mistakes playing a part.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #540 on: December 24, 2016, 06:22:02 PM »
That's fine, to each their own. There's plenty of different games out there.

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #541 on: December 27, 2016, 11:45:51 PM »

Until they relent and have shooting rules that are not 100% true line of sight then there will always be haters. Its the single most biggest flaw in the game so far. .....open play, points, imbalance = meh compared to 360degree shooting anything as long as you can see 1 piece of it.
Doesn't even have to be complex shooting rules. Just some basic mechanics.

AoS is a great casual game. Maybe the best.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:49:13 PM by The Peacemaker »
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
« Reply #542 on: December 27, 2016, 11:56:29 PM »

Until they relent and have shooting rules that are not 100% true line of sight then there will always be haters. Its the single most biggest flaw in the game so far. .....open play, points, imbalance = meh compared to 360degree shooting anything as long as you can see 1 piece of it.
Doesn't even have to be complex shooting rules. Just some basic mechanics.

AoS is a great casual game. Maybe the best.
My other gripes are the single-model units and the fact it's too much like WH40K now.
If I wanted to actively play WH40K, I would just write some new lists for my Orks. I plan to do this soon, but only after finishing tidying out my room, and off-loading some models I've been planning to sell - resuming playing WH40K will be my reward to myself for all that work.

Also, if any of you guys want some cheap Vampire counts infantry and a couple mounted characters, PM me. I'll be posting them in the trading section in the next day or two, after I inventory them; I'm selling them for my friend who wanted to start Undead about four years ago, and then decided it was a rip-off.....

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #543 on: January 05, 2017, 09:46:07 AM »
Tzeentch is on the move. (There's a cool trailer on their Facebook as well)

Quote from: Kanluwen 690078 9104141 99e8bbb37cff804bf4ef86447235d1ef.jpg
War of Sigmar posted this, it's from Nick di Astropathi:

20 Kairic Acolytes for $50 was not what I expected.

Shinros is definitely getting a jump on the lore side of things:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/183294/aos-lore-thread/p9

And here's some black library stuff:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/pantheon-ebook.html 

Pantheon 

Day 20 of Advent 2016 
A Warhammer Age of Sigmar short story 

In the age before Chaos, during a time of myth, the pantheon of gods ruled at Sigmar’s hand. As dark times return to the Mortal Realms, Sigmar beseeches the goddess Alarielle to heed a tale of those better years, one he hopes will restore not only her faith but the faith of all noble creatures. 

READ IT BECAUSE 
Sigmar's quest to reunite his old pantheon of gods has been one of the underlying themes of the Age of Sigmar so far, but we haven't seen much of the time when they did stand together. Well, here's your chance. 

THE STORY 
In the age before Chaos, during a time of myth, the pantheon of gods ruled at Sigmar’s hand. As dark times return to the Mortal Realms, Sigmar beseeches the goddess Alarielle to heed a tale of those better years, one he hopes will restore not only her faith but the faith of all noble creatures. Heed then the saga of the mage Bayla who seeks the Realms' End, a mythic place believed to hold a great secret. Beseeching the aid of wise Teclis and dread Nagash, Bayla's desire for knowledge and the fulfilment of his quest blinds him to the danger in his midst, one that could imperil his very soul. 

Written by Guy Haley 

http://www.blacklibrary.com/collections-and-bundles/physical-bundles/rgw-exclusive-editions.html 

The Realmgate Wars: Exclusive Editions 

The Realmgate Wars rage across the Mortal Realms, and tales of heroism and villainy emerge from every conflict. In this bundle, you'll find 10 hardback novels, the complete Black Library account of the battles of the Realmgate Wars – all in lavish Black Library Exclusive Editions. 

READ IT BECAUSE 
If you want to get up to date on the stories of the Mortal Realms, there's no better way than to pick up the whole Realmgate Wars saga – especially with these glorious Exclusive Editions that will be sure to take pride of place on your bookshelf. 

DESCRIPTION 
From the early battles of the Stormcast Eternals on the Brimstone Peninsula, to the War of Life, the secret origins of the Varanguard, an insight into the savage Ironjawz and even encounters with the God of Death himself, this collection of ten lavish Black Library Exclusive Edition novels is the ultimate way to experience the stories of the Realmgate Wars. 

CONTENTS 
War Storm by Guy Haley, Nick Kyme & Josh Reynolds 
Ghal Maraz by Guy Haley & Josh Reynolds 
Hammers of Sigmar by Darius Hinks & C L Werner 
Call of Archaon by David Annandale, David Guymer, Guy Haley & Rob Sanders 
Wardens of the Everqueen by C L Werner 
Warbeast by Gav Thorpe 
Fury of Gork by Josh Reynolds 
Bladestorm by Matt Westbrook 
Mortarch of Night by David Guymer & Josh Reynolds 
Lord of Undeath by C L Werner 

ABOUT THESE EDITIONS 
Beautifully presented with bespoke artwork on an embossed, soft-touch matte finish hardcover, brass-edged pages and metallic inking, these ten tomes are sure to take pride of place on the shelf of any bookcase. The A5 hardback covers fold out to provide panoramic views of battle. 

and a new AoS book too : 

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/city-of-secrets.html 

City of Secrets 

A Legends of the Age of Sigmar novel 

In the city of Excelsis, in the heart of the Realm of Beasts, Corporal Armand Callis of the city watch stumbles upon a dark secret and finds himself hunted, with just a witch hunter for companionship. 

READ IT BECAUSE 

It's an in depth look at life in a city of the Mortal Realms coupled with a rip-roaring tale of action and adventure, not to mention a most intriguing mystery, as you might expect of the City of Secrets… 

THE STORY 
Excelsis is the city of secrets, a grand and imposing bastion of civilisation in the savage Realm of Beasts. Within its winding streets and shadowy back alleys, merchants deal in rawprophecy mined from an ancient fragment of the World That Was, and even the poorest man may earn a glimpse of the future. Yet not all such prophecies can be trusted. When Corporal Armand Callis of the city guard stumbles upon a dark secret, he finds himself on the run from his former comrades, framed for a crime he did not commit. Only the Witch Hunter Hanniver Toll knows the truth of his innocence. Together the pair must race against time to save Excelsis from a cataclysm that would drown the city in madness and fear. 

Written by Nick Horth 

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #544 on: January 09, 2017, 10:53:24 AM »
New Lord of change coming, and I think it's really rather nice.

Apparantly has enough bits to do two variants, plus a Kairos Fateweaver variant

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #545 on: January 09, 2017, 12:49:47 PM »
New Lord of change coming, and I think it's really rather nice.

Apparantly has enough bits to do two variants, plus a Kairos Fateweaver variant

It is very nice but (perhaps with a scale model to help) will continue the problem of minis that are so large and impressive they become less useful for gaming.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #546 on: January 09, 2017, 12:53:20 PM »
That I can't argue with. Transporting centrepiece models isn't easy, nor are fiddly ones, like Prosecutors.

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #547 on: January 10, 2017, 12:44:39 PM »
Guess it depends on your mode of transport and method of carrying it. I've been taking Archaon around without much problem.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #548 on: January 11, 2017, 11:58:36 AM »
Little bit of news here.

First off, wellofeternity has some artwork from the new Tzeentch book.(towards bottom of page)

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/698764.page

From a post on the 9th age forum there's confirmation of Slaanesh being a future narrative. (Old news to most AoS players but good for quelling the common complaint at AoS for going PG.)
For the ones that think 40K will be AoSfied in the same way as what happened with the old world Robbie MacNiven an author for GW.

Posted this on his blog.

*(The 9th age site has a horrible quote system so picture below)

With the following comment:

Seriously though, think before you start spouting off about end times or spreading rumours. It’s all going to be okay, trust me.

The other post is about Slaanesh:

A poster asked this:

"Do you think Slaanesh being removed from Fantasy is going to affect things in 40k? It seems to me like it could but thatd be... Confusing mainly."

Answer from MacNiven:

It’s not been removed permanently, it’s coming back to Age of Sigmar as part of the ongoing narrative.

*(response picture by author)
68.media.tumblr.com/76f04bde4fc5b45cac0023e97bf5b3d2/tumblr_ojiu0hMqrv1ummjd5o1_1280.jpg

There's speculation that since Tzeentch was responsible for Slaanesh's capture he's going to be a major part of it's return.

And finally,  GW's recent financials. (Sorry if it's been discussed elsewhere on the site and I missed it)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/comments/5n4dhw/gws_financials_report_of_january_discussion_on/

Quote from: Mymearan 693116 9126685 2bf8706c263775725193980811454140.jpg
So an operating profit for 2016 of

£16.86m + £13.8m = £30,66? That is CRAZY good!

Someone posted this:

-------Income Statement - 31 May '15 - 1 Jun '14 - 2 Jun '13 - 3 Jun '12 - 29 May '11
 --Operating Profit / Loss - 16.48 -------- 12.3 ------- 21.25 ------ 19.14 ------ 15.24

Even if you factor in several million in currency profit, that is still more than any of the the last five years.

It appears listening to your customers does pay off, who knew :D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:07:04 PM by Baron von Klatz »

• Members
« Reply #549 on: January 11, 2017, 02:29:30 PM »
Still some rumours going on that Duardin (steamhead) are going to be the main antagonists for the upcoming Tzeentch release, though reports are in on some Free People activity as well.

This might give some hints on the duardin I think

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/11/rumour-engine-january-11th-2017/

also on the front of the financials:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/01/10/profits-soar-games-workshop-fantasy-model-retailer-battles-back/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:34:20 PM by StealthKnightSteg »