home

Author Topic: How would you use Karl Franz?  (Read 926 times)

Offline SoonerSox

• Members
How would you use Karl Franz?
« on: September 21, 2015, 11:17:35 PM »
I finally finished painting my KF on DC and want to use him this weekend. I've seen other big name characters get swarmed and killed easily. I'd love to take advantage of his punch but wonder how he is best used.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
Re: How would you use Karl Franz?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 06:11:08 AM »
Hmm, I haven't used our glorious emperor in battle but I'd think protecting his flanks with Reiksguard (or other knights) and supporting him with a life wizard would make him a very tanky unit.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 07:21:50 AM »
Healing Hands prayer from a WP would help also, and use him as a support unit in attacks other then that leave him in the rear formost to not loose your command abilities
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:04:40 AM »
In age of Sigmar, characters count as units in their own right, so they can easily be targeted by spells or shooting.  Do what you can with priests or wizards to protect him, or buff him.  Keep him in the middle of you army, as he negates battleshock.  feel free to get him stuck in, but don't let him get surrounded.   Numbers can overwhelm any big monster, use your troops to block enemies from surrounding him