home

Author Topic: Free People colour schemes  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Discoking

• Members
Free People colour schemes
« on: November 03, 2015, 02:43:34 PM »
So with the release of the Seraphon and the vivid new colour schemes what colour schemes do you think would suit an Empire army to make it more AoS'y?

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Free People colour schemes
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 04:44:58 PM »
That got me wondering what exactly is considered "AoSy"?
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Discoking

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 05:12:35 PM »
Hard to put into words but,to me at least everything seems brighter,sharper,nicer colour contrasts and schemes.All of which would have looked out of place in the Old World. The Warrior Priests photographed in the 1st Age of Sigmar book are a good example of the change.

I'm just trying to imagine how GW would paint state Troops etc in Age of Sigmar and then work something out for myself.

The Seraphon are a good example of how round bases and a new colour palette can breathe new life into an existing range and make it fit right into AoS.I'm thinking State Troops if painted in the right schemes would cross over into the AoS world rather well.

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • The Prince of Brooklyn Park
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 05:18:06 PM »
maybe colors not commonly used in the old days color like teal, oranges and vivid purples
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:20:18 PM by Doc J »
In the words of the late great Nicki Minaj - Ya done son

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 03:28:44 PM »
I know fashion always come around again (shudders at the thought of the 80s), but do we really think frilly pj's will be in vogue eons after the world that was exploded?  :icon_sad:

I'd worry the current range, bar the sigmarite stuff, won't really be included, sadly. Be great if it was though! We'd perhaps need to know more about the fluff to get a colour scheme. Sigmaron (is that Sigmar's city?) would seem to suit a very bright white/cream/blue/gold scheme, but I am sure there is room for absolutely anything.
"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."