home

Author Topic: A Convergence of Fate (4 player battle)  (Read 1348 times)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
A Convergence of Fate (4 player battle)
« on: November 18, 2015, 10:23:32 PM »
So I'm going to join the 4 way battle (from the exclusive scenario you get from a web purchase at GW) coming saturday at the GW shop in Groningen (The Netherlands)

Restrictions:
80 Wounds total
Max 3 hero scrolls

So while I don't have much options yet I was leaning on this:
# Models ==== Name / Unit ==== Wounds
1 === Lord-Celestant on Dracoth (Hero/General) === 7
1 === Lord-Relictor (Hero) === 5
1 === Knight-Venator (Hero) === 5
5 === Liberators (Prime / Warhammer+Shield) === 10
5 === Liberators (Prime / Warhammer+Shield) === 10
3 === Retributors (Prime) === 9
3 === Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (Prime / Paired Hammers) === 6

1 + 3 === Cannon with crew === 7
11 === Crossbowmen  (Marksman, Standard Bearer, Piper) === 11
5 === Knights (Preceptor, Standard Bearer, Hornblower / Lance&Sword) === 10

Total === 80

That way I can have all painted models on the board and have it a bit fluff based as well!

Hope to do some kind of report afterwards!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 10:26:37 PM by StealthKnightSteg »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
Re: A Convergence of Fate (4 player battle)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 11:04:55 AM »
Good luck with the battle. Looking forward to reading the report.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: A Convergence of Fate (4 player battle)
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 09:33:18 PM »
So the battle was my Stormcast and some Free People against: Seraphon, Slaaneshi and Nurgle

I could set up first and took the only corner with the 2 arcane buildings to deprive the others from using it.
The Seraphon next to me on the short end, Slaaneshi on the long end and Nurgle Rotbringers diagonally from me.

Next was deciding alliances, as expected and somewhat pre-talked / schemed I allied with the Seraphon and Slaaneshi with the Nurgle Rotbringers.
Order vs Chaos! This would remain the next battle round also.

rolling off for who is going first.. and me as last..
(taling through only my involvement in the battle unless really note worthy to do so of the rest, but lot was going on and I didn't follow it all)

Striders from Slaanesh where moving 22" and straight in to the face of my Free People (xbow and cannon). And a deamon prince also close to my crossbowmen.
Charges: strider thingies on my cannon who survived the first combat round. Crossbowmen with stand and shoot and combat took 5 wounds of the deamon prince before being wiped out in the 2nd combat round as with my cannon(still not my turn..)
I could attack the striders also with my Knight-Venator, Prosecutors and Knights (lured in combat by the 3" rule)

Finally in my own turn I could clear the air around me I thoughed, but shooting and the combat by my prosecutors (freed up due to casualties in the striders) could not take down the Deamon Prince and where wiped out.
I had deep striked in my 2 units of liberators and a unit of retributors between the nurgle and slaaneshi back lines, but only one group was able to make the 9"charge on a nurgle hellcannon (took that out after several combat rounds in battle round 3)

I made a tactical mistake not to clear my Knight-Venator from the combat and he took too much damage in the following 2 combat rounds and died, before being able to use his super arrow. At least the Knights.. well actually the horses finished off the striders (knights wiffed all attacks in 2 battle rounds!!!) together with a timely placed lightning storm from my Relictor.

In the 2nd battle round (took last turn again here btw!) my 2nd liberator unit got charged by the slaaneshi herald, they died.. later in my turn my retributors took it down too 4 wounds, but 2 got killed in return and the Retributor Prime ate dust in the 3rd battleround before it was able to strike.

In the 3rd battle round I managed to charge my Knights into some Blight Kings and after doing a few wounds got obilterated. S now I was left with only my Lord Celestant who had failed all his storm-breath attacks, my Lord Relictor and my Liberator-Prime from the hellcannon fight.

Meanwhile the Seraphon and Nurgle slugged it out mostly during the battle with some slaaneshi biting the dust from the Seraphon also. And in battleround 3 only Alliance was between Slaanesh and Seraphon and all had enemy Nurgle.

At the end of the battleround 3 we had to stop due to shop closing (whole game starting 12:00 till 17:00 took long on 80 wounds) at that time we had 3 winners (most models within 6" of the relic in the center): Nurgle had 1 plaguebearer, Seraphon had 1 stegadon and I had my Lord Celestant. (Lord Relictor ran an extra 1" in my turn not making it in the bubble by 1"!!!)

Was a really cool battle, but lot's of distraction on and around the board and not everyone was read into the units rules much yet (myself included)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989