home

Author Topic: Freeguild Colours?  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
Freeguild Colours?
« on: June 21, 2016, 12:05:31 AM »
So it just occurred to me, what are the freeguild colours? I mean are they still provincial or.....
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
Re: Freeguild Colours?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 06:55:11 AM »
Well, the Grand Order alliance book shows that some of the Freeguilds base their colors from ancient tribes that took their icons from the-world-that-was: the crowned skull of penumbra= Reikland, Sanguine lady of flames= Talabheim, Stonehearted Blood Bull= Ostland, etc.

Besides that there's the Freeguild from Azyrheim who most likely use blue, gold and white like the Devoted of Sigmar do.

The Freeguild regiments from the foundling cities and newly raised provinces and fortresses made in the reconquest of the realms have yet to be shown.

There could be mentions made in the novels that I'm unaware of so I'll raise the question on Dakkadakka to see if any auxiliaries were detailed.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 01:44:26 PM »
Its all fantasy to me.

May the color spectrum know no bounds, and painters across the free world paint to their heart's content whatever colors they may choose, and free themselves of the constrictions others might put upon them!

Behold, we know these truths to be self evident!

:engel:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 03:24:42 PM »
There's nothing that I have come across so far, so I'd say currently go for whatever colour you like.

I think it will be a while before we see anything new for the Freeguilds, Devoted, or Ironweld Arsenals.  At least for a Battletime anyway.    Collegiate Arcane, would be like the old Colleges of Magic.   The winds of magic after the destruction of the Old World formed the mortal realms, so I would imagine the old college colours would still be relevant for those.