home

Author Topic: Collectibles!  (Read 49 times)

Offline Jmash

• Lancashire, UK
Collectibles!
« on: September 08, 2020, 09:00:02 AM »
As a youngster I was very much into my action figures, Action Man, WWII Airfix models, Micromachines etc. and this developed in later years into having these large 12" sort of 'collectible' dolls for want of a better word, they were essentially real-world styled action men representing various military units from around the world, US Marine, SAS Commando, US Army Ranger etc. (sadly I don't remember the manufacturer but you get the idea!). They were really well done and faithfully representative of real-world service personnel.

So imagine my excitement when these 2 popped up on the community feed recently!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/31/big-battle-brothers-from-bandai/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/07/cadia-stands-on-your-shelves/

I could do with a few more bits of hobby-related collectible nonsense to adorn the shelves of my man cave/office/moffice!

Think I'll definitely be going in for a Bandai Imperial Fist regardless of it being a Primaris, as IF are one of the SM chapters I collect. The Cadian officer is undoubtedly more 'up my street' but I'll be keeping an eye on the release, they are apparently planning a bit of a series of 40k figures so I would maybe hold out hope for them doing a standard issue grunt (much more my style) rather than an officer but who knows, it'll be Christmas soon so I might treat myself!

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Autumn has arrived! : )
Re: Collectibles!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 11:14:45 AM »
Interesting.  Never got into those large figures when I was a youngster.  Looks like these are nicely detailed, and well done.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"No them, only us."  U2

Offline Rowsdower

• Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 12:26:26 PM »
Are they actually action figures or do they need to be assembled like Ban Dai's anime kits?

Offline Jmash

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 12:32:38 PM »
I'm assuming the Cadian officer is just like a fancy collectible action man so would be 'doll-like' but will have interchangeable accessories and points of articulation etc. I've read up and apparently Green Wolf are pretty good, all their boots and belts etc. are real leather and they have an emphasis on getting the details right.

As for the marines I'm not sure, it says they're being made to order so I am assuming they are the same, ready-built action figures with interchangeable bits and points of articulation? I've never had any of these sort of things before so can't confirm but I think they did a run of Ultramarines at some point last year?

I just like to have a good bit of geeky nonsense in the way of things to display, currently got a Geralt statuette and a Fallout Bobblehead waiting for the shelves to go up!

Offline Rowsdower

• Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 02:39:15 PM »
I found a toy of the orange & purple from Big Hero Six. He has similar proportion to a space marine so I'm going to see if I can turn him into a novelty space marine figure. All I really need to do is drill him some hand sockets