home

Author Topic: Lets save the Galaxy!  (Read 4271 times)

Offline TexasYankee

• Members
Re: Lets save the Galaxy!
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2016, 05:30:26 PM »
Wow, nice collection there! Out of curiosity - how often do you play with them and what do you think about their current codex?

I try to play at least once a week, but it's more like twice a month. They are the weakest of all the armies, but that's why I play them, for the challenge (and the models are easy to paint and the fluff is awesome.) Here's a breakdown of all the games I've played with them:

Orks vs Krieg Death Korps – Ork win (Antonio)
Orks vs White Scars – Ork loss (Charles)
Orks vs Space Wolves – Ork loss (Charles)
Orks vs Ravenguard – Ork loss (Charles)
Orks vs Imperial Fists – Ork loss (Dennis)
Orks vs Astra Militarum – Ork loss (Dennis)
Orks vs Dark Angels – Ork win (Charles)
Orks vs Dark Angels – Ork loss (Charles)
Orks vs Dark Angels – Tie (Charles)
Orks vs Orks – Ork loss (Sid)
Orks vs Grey Knights – Ork loss (Charles)

Current record – 5-8-1

Yeah, I play my friend Charles a lot, and he has about every Space Marine chapter you can mention. :) I would love to play against Tau, Eldar or Necrons, but the guys at our LGS who do play them bring the most broken lists, and the last things those three armies need are WAAC lists. Charles also brings the "special snowflake" in all his lists (Grey Knights/Kaldor Draigo, Dark Angles/Azrael, White Scars/Kor'sarro Khan, etc), and puts them in an unkillable DeathStar, whereas I have to throw my entire army at it in any hope to beat it, or just ignore it and try to grab as many objectives as I can. He also plays whatever new broken formation that they just released for that army, so on the rare occasion I do beat him, it is that much sweeter.

All in all, I love my Orks and will continue to play them, tweaking the list here and there for more play style and different tactics (or just for fun!). Also putting together a Chaos Space Marine army and hope to have them on the table before the end of the year.
So, what would you guys do if some dude came at you with a belt that way?
Make sure I've got the safeword memorised.

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
Re: Lets save the Galaxy!
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2016, 08:23:39 PM »
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!