home

Author Topic: Elspeth von Draken rules?  (Read 4675 times)

Offline Duinila

• Members
Elspeth von Draken rules?
« on: August 31, 2016, 01:22:45 AM »
Okay guys!

So there currently is no warscroll for Elspeth, which I honestly think is a crime, already having lost so many cool FW models because they have no rules anymore. We have the rules for the Carmine Dragon (Linked below), so wondered if we could maybe throw together a warscroll for her!  :biggriin:

I started it off by making a Warscroll, but feel free to add suggestions and what not! :D

I looked at what she had before and tried to kinda wedge it all in. Also not sure about the point cost for Pitched Battles. There are a lot of strong characters that cost too little and a lot that cost too much, so a nice balance would be cool to find!

Cheers,
Dui~

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
Re: Elspeth von Draken rules?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 03:51:45 AM »
Hi,

I would suggest that for the scythe go  2" 1 4+ 3+ -1 D3.   Keep it line with other wizard/ mage staff, but a 6+ to hit causes D3 mortal wounds instead.

Knowing all the battlemage spells wouldn't fit the fluff, old or new.   I'd argue for not knowing Soulsteal, the amethyst/ death spell from the Battlemage,   But have a new spell,  Purple Sun if Xereus instead.

Purple Sun of Xereus.   A vortex of the Magic of Shyish.   Casting on 8+.   Range 18".   Each model in the target unit makes a single (if more the attacks characteristic) unmodified hit roll, with each of its melee weapons.   For each fail, the model takes a mortal wound.  (That's as best as I can think of for an equivalent in to an initiative test.)   It's powerful,  But probably not as nasty as the 8th edition WFB version. 

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 03:58:56 AM »
As for keywords, for the Legacy version, in the Old World

ORDER, HUMAN, CARMINE DRAGON, FREE PEOPLE, MONSTER, HERO, WIZARD.

For the mortal realms, rename the warscroll, Battlemage on Carmine Dragon

ORDER, HUMAN, DRAGON, CARMINE DRAGON, COLLEGIATE ARCANE, MONSTER, HERO, WIZARD, BATTLEMAGE

Also, you don't have the damage table for the Carmine Dragon.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 04:03:39 AM by Oxycutor »

Offline Duinila

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 06:16:21 PM »
Thanks! The Spell sounds super duper great, plus much better than what I had!  :biggriin:

Also gonna change the scythe, just to make it more along the line with other wizards~

Also about the Damage Table and with the claws and the movement and whatnot, I'll add that once there is a warscroll anyone can agree on. Also hope to get a photo off the model from someone on Facebook, so there can be a nice imagine to pretty the warscroll up~