home

Author Topic: Pleasant Surprise 2017  (Read 60830 times)

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
Re: Pleasant Surprise 2017
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 07:41:03 PM »
Oh, you know the Church already has a list of every single atheist's address for the inevitable culling :)

Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »
I am the king stalker.
You just made me afraid to give you my address!

You're safe, he said he was stalking King, not Padre.  :wink:

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 08:25:13 AM »
Hahaha he doesn't have to stalk me as he already has all the information on what I am currently working on :)
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2016, 07:45:43 PM »
Your words have reassured me. So count me in. I've never done this before, mainly because I was always worried that if the postal service(s) lost the package I sent, then everyone here would think I was a foul traitor. But I've steeled myself to take the risk.

My Tilean campaign thread in the Imperial Office sub forum has hundreds (literally) of pictures concerning my current project, and the way the figures 'look' in my version of WHFB. I'm sure that's enough for any prospective sender to go on.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2016, 08:04:44 PM »
Thank you, Padre!

With regard to the whole "foul traitor" thing - we have had examples of people accusing others of doing that before. In each case, I have come firmly down on them and said such behavior is unacceptable. A majority of people have agreed with me. Sometimes, packages are lost, "real life" happens, models get damaged (in one case, the spray-varnish misted and the painter had to strip and start again!) etc.

This is supposed to be fun, not an opportunity to be nasty to each other. So, while I cannot promise that a lost package or other calamity will NOT be met with insults from others, I can assure you it will NOT come from me and I will do everything in my power to prevent that from happening.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2016, 10:37:05 PM »
It's always a risk that something may get lost in the mail. But I don't think we should let that spoil our fun or put anyone off.. I think we've mostly been pretty understanding of that, especially when it comes to long-time forum regulars.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2016, 12:47:42 AM »
Alright, we are in a good place! We have 15 participants - smaller than some years, but there are still a couple of days to get in on this. And, I think this is a good number given that the forum has become a little quieter.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2016, 01:46:30 AM »
I am the king stalker.
You just made me afraid to give you my address!

You're safe, he said he was stalking King, not Padre.  :wink:

My thoughts too!

Regarding lost in the mail, take some photos before you send, so even if the miniature doesnt turn up, at least they can appreciate what you did, and enjoy it virtually instead of physically.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2016, 01:31:28 PM »
Alright - last chance to get on board with this! By this time tomorrow, you will have PMs telling you who your victims are.

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2016, 08:31:54 PM »
(Back just in time)

Hot-diggity,Darknight It’s good to see you’ve also returned. I am interested and I wish to participate! Sign me up, bucko!

Things have been difficult recently but I’ll endeavour to get something done in Eight months, although it might not be as adventurous as in previous years – and certainly no Wizzards onna Stick.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2016, 08:33:10 PM »
Word! :)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2016, 08:43:49 PM »
Ok ! Ill do it! It might mean I get i model built and painted in 8 months 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2016, 11:07:56 PM »
Count me in.

Life's hectic now, but eight months holds a promise of more hobby time. For a good reason. :)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Duinila

• Members
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2016, 02:30:58 AM »
Question, wouldn't a solution be to just ship with tracking? Like where I live at least the tracking is always included in the base price, so dunno how much it costs with otehr postale services (if it isn't already included as well). That way it can be show to be having posted etc and where abouts it is

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2016, 02:39:28 AM »
Question, wouldn't a solution be to just ship with tracking? Like where I live at least the tracking is always included in the base price, so dunno how much it costs with otehr postale services (if it isn't already included as well). That way it can be show to be having posted etc and where abouts it is

Tracking is often suggested though for some international shipping it can be cost prohibitive.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2016, 04:51:45 AM »
International tracking is expensive.
Whoever gets me, you dont need to pay for international shipping - I'm sure it will be fine - Aus Post is not bad, and hopefully your postal service will be fine too.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2016, 12:30:06 PM »
Alright! All people matched up, all PMs sent!

If you are part of this and you DIDN'T get a PM from me, let me know. Also, if there are errors in the information in there, let me know to (I checked and double-checked the list and exchange and PMs, but it is possible I made a mistake).

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2016, 03:44:05 PM »
Target stalked. Idea obtained. Pieces purchased. Should arrive next week...

Which gives me THIS week to finish my Knowvember "entry" (Machaenix Canonical, workers and Tactical Gynosynths) so I can work on the Pleasant Surprise which will double for "Deadcember" AND allow me to have finished in preparation for a massive influx of plastic Sisters of Battle around / after Christmas.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2016, 08:04:52 AM »
Target Stalked. Idea brewing...
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Henerius

• Members
  • not Henry
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2016, 12:15:24 PM »
I once had a target with 2 or 3 posts on the forum. Things have improved .... a bit.
Quote from: Commander Bernhardt
don't listin to the evil Henerius
Quote from: steveb
if your fantasy world is not real enough, take two aspirins and go paint.  steveb

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2016, 12:24:57 PM »
There are a number of people this year who either have very few posts (with no pictures or indication of what they collect) or who - while having extensive collections - have not got plogs in their signatures or which have been recently updated. In some cases, some participants have not been "hobbying" for a number of months even though they have been active on the forums - thus making the "show this member's posts" difficult because it requires one to wade through a lot of post to get to a plog or anything hobby-related.

I repeat my appeal! Please; post a link or two or just a description in this thread saying what sort of army you collect. Remember; the Pleasant Surprise does NOT need to be Empire-related, so if you collect something else and that is your main focus, you should mention that. Your gifter might ignore it and send you a halberdier with a codpiece (for codpieces are life) but at least you gave him SOME support . . . .

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2016, 02:03:53 PM »

I repeat my appeal! Please; post a link or two or just a description in this thread saying what sort of army you collect. Remember; the Pleasant Surprise does NOT need to be Empire-related, so if you collect something else and that is your main focus, you should mention that. Your gifter might ignore it and send you a halberdier with a codpiece (for codpieces are life) but at least you gave him SOME support . . . .

Too Late for you Mr/Mrs/Ms X – half the fun of this event is the stalking (remember what poor Weib had to put up with a couple of years ago) – I’ve chased you round the Net and have a cunning plan.

If you do post as Darknight requests please accept my apologises if it later seems that I have ignored it.

From my own point of view the second line in my signature is the most important thing to remember – I would hate anyone to waste their money on these figures (for this event)

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2016, 08:18:59 PM »

I will start first.  I have been into collecting empire for 22 years now but much of my collection is made up form models of the 4th, 5th and 6th editions.  After the death of warhammer I started using my empire for KOW but lately have focused my attention on KOW historicals and I currently have 3 armies for this mainly Ancient Greeks (1 Spartan and 1 Athenian army) and Imperial Romans from the time of Octavian.  I am also an avid fun of RPGs so from time to time I collect hero / character type models for a variety of RPG genres ranging from futuristic to fantasy.....currently I am into Malifaux RPG which is steampunk and I have a generic gunslinger type of character.

I hope this helps  :happy:
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2016, 08:33:35 PM »
Oh wow! The piece that I thought would arrive on Monday is OUT FOR DELIVERY today!

Hahahaha!

EDIT : The model arrived . . . and it is not entirely what I thought it was . . .
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 12:29:04 AM by Darknight »

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2016, 02:55:46 AM »
There arent a lot of us this time around, and i must say, please post at least 1 pic of something you have done somewhere if you haven't already... no matter how much stalking, if you have no pics of your own stuff anywhere, it will be hard to match... unless by definition you really want a surprise...