home

Author Topic: FreeGuild Start Collecting  (Read 322 times)

Offline The Peacemaker

• Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
    • View Profile
FreeGuild Start Collecting
« on: January 05, 2017, 06:03:22 AM »
So does anything think GW will release a free guild start collecting box?

I was really hoping they would release one with some Pistoliers in them.

If they did, what do you think they would put in it?
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Rowsdower

• Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
    • View Profile
Re: FreeGuild Start Collecting
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 07:32:52 AM »
So many horrible things have happened to me lately. Building FB models was one of the few things in the world i got joy out of and now thats been taken from me too, thanks to AOS. If Empire [or whatever it goes by now] comes back, i'll be a lot happier

Offline Baron von Klatz

• warhammer> All other works of mankind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 08:29:47 AM »
Oh, tough to say what they'd put in it.

I'd imagine they'd build off the Legions of Reconquest in the Grand Alliance book that has the Free Guild as a force for retaking lands captured by chaos.

A force of pistoliers in it would very likely as the picture of them in a book focuses on them, a general on griffon and one on horseback, lots of great swords and state troops in the background.

So at a guess: 1 general on griffon, 5 pistoliers, 10 greatswords and 10 Handgunners.

I don't think they'd include state troops because of need for additional weapon options. Not certain we would see demigryphs though, they seem to much of a deal and they are rarely with the Guild in the book.

This is just my guess though. We might get lucky with a re-release like the Beastclaw Raiders after the next generals handbook release since there's already two novels in the works dealing with normal human soldiers taking on Tzeentch minions.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Online Oxycutor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 11:08:56 AM »
Comparing the other Start Collecting boxes, it tends to be 3 other boxes.  There a couple with 4, but that's really because of a clampack hero, rather than a big kit.

With that in mind, I'd say General on Griffon, Pistoliers.  Then next is tricky.  As they have a choice between State Troops, Handgunners and Greatswords.  They could be awesome and revive the 20 man militia box.

All of the start collecting boxes have all the full contents of the boxes they are separately, so state troops would have all the weapon options.

Unfortunately, I don't foresee a Freeguild Start Collecting box any time soon, but then again, there's not really much in the rumour pipeline for AoS anyway.  We know Disciples of Tzeentch are coming this month, but nothing really much beyond that.

Offline The Peacemaker

• Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 08:36:20 PM »
Hmm, well if its got pistoliers or a hurricanum then I'll probably buy it. As I love the pistolier kit and I don't have a hurricanum.
Anything else and its a maybe. ....especially if they just load it up with crappy state troops.
State troops do have lots of extra bits(not just weapon options like the newer elf and dwarf stuff) so they still arne't too bad. And I never bought many of the state troops - I hunted ebay for the older edition state troops.
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Online Oxycutor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 11:45:59 PM »
I would think a Hurricanum is unlikely since it's not part of Freeguilds.  It's Collegiate Arcane now.

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
    • View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 03:52:56 PM »
I think the General on Griffon will be to much for the start collecting box, I think a general on horse will be the hero for the box unless we get some n hero options.
3 Demigryph Knights would make a solid choice seeing we have already Ironjawz with gore-gruntas, Khorne bloodbound with skullcrushers and khorne deamons with skulcrushers while others have also some sort of cavalry.
Add greatswords or guard and a unit of handgunners and you have a solid starting point.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Online Oxycutor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 04:37:18 PM »
They did mention on Warhammer TV last night about some new Start Collecting boxes coming soon for AoS.  No more than that, but I would guess a Tzeentch Daemons set, could be anything for the others