home

Author Topic: What is the best Mordheim company I can make out of these models?  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Baron Von Griffon

• Members
I have some swordsmen, crossbowmen, great swords, knights, and a captain. This is the list I made with them, but it might be awful so I came here for some help.

Captain, with great weapon, heavy armor, and a helmet
Champion with great weapon, and heavy armor
Two Young Bloods with swords, and bucklers
Two Crossbowmen with daggers
Swords man with sword, and shield
A Warrior with sword, and shield.

Offline Baron Von Griffon

• Members
Re: What is the best Mordheim company I can make out of these models?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 06:01:46 PM »
I forgot to mention that I am using the living rule book https://gurth.home.xs4all.nl/mordheim/Mordheim%20Living%20Rulebook.pdf, and the max cost for the company is 500 gold.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 02:03:17 PM »
Somehow didn't see this post before.

So, you're asking if the band is efficient? Like if it has enough movement, ranged attacks, cc attacks, leadership, standing potential - and units to gather the gold?

I'd say since GW & shield are good in the game, you at least can deal some damage and parry some. The key guys are protected, and the captain has a good chance of keeping the band together in the face of fatalities.

Two crossbows is also seriously threatening, although it means you will likely make a dash for the best positions and shoot from there. So area denial, in a way.

You have bodies to take objectives and losses.

Against swarm bands, high Strength, and magic, I don't know how well your band will perform. It's a classic balanced human cc band. Other bands have the options to build up more pressure in every other aspect. So it's mostly how you use these men in a given scenario that decides if they're efficient or not.

By now, I should probably ask if you've had games with this band and how did they go.  :-)

-Z
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 02:06:22 PM by Zygmund »
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 09:36:52 PM »
Have you picked your province yet?

With 500 gold, you're not going for Marienburg, I guess. Since you are not heavy on shooting, Middenheim is probably the better choice.