home

Author Topic: Total Warhammer - top seller  (Read 2939 times)

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
Total Warhammer - top seller
« on: January 08, 2017, 09:36:55 PM »
Just saw on steam the list of top sellers for 2016 measured by revenue.

Total War: Warhammer is in the top 12. Its up there with grand theft auto, fallout 4, civilization, and Dota 2.

Awesome news.
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline S.O.F

• Members
Re: Total Warhammer - top seller
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 10:30:35 PM »
Its up there with fallout 4

This is not necessarily a positive point.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 10:42:07 PM »
Total War: Warhammer, Witcher 3, No Man's Sky, Dark Souls 3....

One of these things do not belong here. (Seriously,  they have to be bribing Steam for that spot)

They also got top ten in best British games. :-D

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1311861505555713&id=113800552028487

Great job, CA, on making this an awesome game and not turning it into Rome 2. :::cheers::: (Despite what the Steam critics and history Old Guard say. :icon_rolleyes:)
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 10:46:41 PM »
I think technically no man's sky did sell that much. Even if it was refunded just as much.

Someone should send that link to GW so they can rethink AoS being their only fantasy game.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Bartolo Miachevelia

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 12:27:30 AM »
So GW tell me again how Warhammer fluff wasn't selling.... :closed-eyes:

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 12:56:40 AM »
I think technically no man's sky did sell that much. Even if it was refunded just as much.

Ah, that's a good point. I can't really blame the dev's behind it as they were getting alot of death threats to release.

Ugh, fanbases ruin everything.  :unsure:

Also, fairly certain GW know all about TW:W's success since they got alot of revenue from it, they have guys in the CA studio making sure they keep within the lore and even the AoS facebook posted the Wood elves trailer because it was so great looking.

Regardless, at least they're still making amazing fantasy models:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/4170/690078.page
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 09:14:04 PM »
I actually hope they DO NOT bring back the old world. Mainly cause I don't want to deal with GW's horribly unbalanced rules.

And what the heck is this 'no man's sky'? ....was that some sci fi game that was forever in development and then they pulled a bunch of the old 'pre-release tricks & promises' to hoodwink people into buying their game?

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Bartolo Miachevelia

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 10:15:59 PM »
I actually hope they DO NOT bring back the old world. Mainly cause I don't want to deal with GW's horribly unbalanced rules.

So fearing unbalanced rules you'd skip the occasion to see new books and novels for Warhammer World, new miniatures that aren't twisted versions of   original concepts( like fyreslayers... -.-) , the chance to see the ET retconned!

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 11:09:54 PM »

So fearing unbalanced rules you'd skip the occasion to see new books and novels for Warhammer World, new miniatures that aren't twisted versions of   original concepts( like fyreslayers... -.-) , the chance to see the ET retconned!

Heh, I'm not skipping it because its already on The 9th Age!  :biggriin:

I'm not too miffed about some name changes either - I mean it sucks but now the copyright is free and protected so there should never be any more issues.

My Wissenland Longcoat regiment is now the Vizzenland Longcoats. .....Might change it to Vizzenburg or Vizzendorf.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:43:46 PM by The Peacemaker »

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 02:01:46 PM »
If thry came back, the name changes would stay too.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 03:29:36 PM »
So GW tell me again how Warhammer fluff wasn't selling.... :closed-eyes:

They've shot themselves in the foot with a Blunderbuss. TW: Warhammer, Vermintide, Mordheim - these are games that are bringing so much interest in people, for Warhammer Fantasy, and now it's practically impossible for GW to capitalise on that. Marketing 101, for feths sake. :dry:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 10:25:44 PM »
I played Vermintide a lot over the winter break.  It is hands down the best execution of Warhammer Fantasy Lore though it's not perfect.  I absolutely hate how they modeled the Wood Elf with those creepy black eyes.  The Fire Wizard(ess?) has some odd facial treatment herself.  I wish I could mod the game and change the art myself, but even if it were possible I have little time to do it.   The banter between the characters is some of the best done in any game period.  The pace of the game is pretty fun, the mechanics are a bit simple but rewarding nonetheless.  The environments are pretty damn good and interesting to run through.   Left4Dead 2 its most related product is still a better game, but it's not warhammer themed.

Total War Warhammer has been fun for me, but I still feel like it's just skinned Total War.  For all the effort they make to express the IP I still find this odd detachment.  I love the idea of Total War but for all the versions I have, I still find it a frustrating game to play,  I find the wrestle with cameras and controls is still the biggest challenge in the game over anything else.   

That being said they're both huge wins for Warhammer old world lore. 

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 11:06:12 AM »
There are rumors about adding a modding option to Vermintide. It would be most welcome. The DLC's are nice, but new maps and skins would certainly be a welcome sight.

As for TW: Warhammer, I haven't played it yet, but saw so many videos on Youtube that I might as well not play it all. :biggriin: I really like the game. It's great lore and tactics wise and CA certainly put a lot of effort into it. :eusa_clap:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau