home

Author Topic: Updating of my blog  (Read 2629 times)

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
Updating of my blog
« on: April 20, 2017, 08:22:21 PM »
Hi admins why is it that I cannot update my blog with new pics or even start a new one with new pics from photobucket please?
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline King

• Members
Re: Updating of my blog
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 09:19:19 AM »
No one can help? oh ok, for any interested in a few updates of my blog please visit my facebook page by searching for Karl Franz  :closed-eyes:  Thanks

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:34:22 AM »
It is a known problem, that has been reported by several members. It manifests itself primarly by a very long delay, before the picture will appear. Some experience the same problem with photobucket on other websites too, so it may perhaps be more of a photobucket problem.

On a side note: IT problems are best posted in the Altdorf Press.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline King

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 02:46:06 PM »
Thanks Fidelis.  It is much appreciated  :happy:.  I will see what I can do with regards to using other hosting sites rather than photobucket.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 02:48:49 PM »
Bummer, this issue certainly detracts from usage.  Hopefully King can still post his updates!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 03:55:07 PM »
Don't leave us King.

We don't know what has caused this photobucket problem of late. Bugman has a few suggestions, but Grutch is deciding what to do.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline King

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 04:34:44 PM »
Don't leave us King.

We don't know what has caused this photobucket problem of late. Bugman has a few suggestions, but Grutch is deciding what to do.

I am not going to leave and I never intended to as this site is very important for me  :happy:  I want to find another hosting site other than photobucket so that I can show you my pictures here, that is all :mrgreen:

Bummer, this issue certainly detracts from usage.  Hopefully King can still post his updates!

Can anyone suggest something else to be used instead of photobucket please?

Offline spite

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 05:18:43 PM »
I had the same issue recently, ended up double posting because of it, Photobucket is a mess of site, I've moved to Imgur and that seems to be better.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 08:43:15 PM »
imgur for me too. It doesn't seem to have the same problems as Photobucket.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »
one more vote for imgur!
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 03:11:45 AM »
I had some other stuff on flickr a while back, but performance wise that was difficult as photobucket.
One day I need consolidate my photo hosting services
So imgur you say...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 01:32:53 PM »
I’m still having problems with Photobucket.

It seemed to start when they made changes to the way they displayed adverts, which by coincidence, was when they started aggressively suggesting you pay to go advert free.  Problem for them is that this backfires as a) there are other free host sites and b) as there’s no guarantee that the problems will be sorted by going advert free who in their right mind is going to pay.

I shall stick with them a bit longer as just posting one character at a time with 2/3 photos is working reasonably well at the moment.