home

Author Topic: Building an Army (Devoted of Sigmar + Friends)  (Read 2102 times)

CXIV

Building an Army (Devoted of Sigmar + Friends)
« on: April 25, 2017, 04:55:16 AM »
Hello!

I am not a newbie to AoS but have finally decided to dive into Free People's. So far I have Volkmar on War Altar, Warrior Priest, and two boxes of flagellants and a witch hunter and warrior priest on order -- to form the Pilgrimage of Wrath group. Furthermore, I have 20 Freeguild Militia models and a steam tank, which aren't part of the Devoted of Sigmar faction. So here are a few questions I have.

1) How many models do I need in a unit of flagellants to make them effective?

2) On top of the Steam Tank and 20 militiamen, what else should I get to go along with my army?

Thanks,

CXIV  :-P

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: Building an Army (Devoted of Sigmar + Friends)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 08:46:16 PM »
I think you need atleast 20 flaggelants per group, but 30 would be even better as you actually want to lose models in combat. Anything that can buff their horrible hit/wound stat is a pre to take.

As for others, a solid block of guard (swords) and some range units would be beneficial
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
Re: Building an Army (Devoted of Sigmar + Friends)
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 08:36:33 AM »
Welcome to the forum, CXIV! :smile2:

As Stealthknight said, swordsmen are a solid choice and more so with a general backing them.

Do you plan on getting the Excelsior Warpriest as well? His healing is very beneficial for any force.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.