home

Author Topic: Astra Telepathica Sisters of Silence  (Read 1325 times)

Offline JAK

• Members
Astra Telepathica Sisters of Silence
« on: June 05, 2017, 01:33:36 PM »
Just discovered the 40K Astra Telepathica Sisters of Silence online – and as I’ve not heard of them before I’m assuming they aren’t suitable for use as Greatswords?

Has anyone used them in a fantasy army? From the online images their armour and power 2hd swords would pass as Fantasy and I couldn’t see any 40K type icons that would need to be removed.

I don’t have a need for Greatswords and these do work out at twice the cost of Empire Greatswords but they would make an interesting project.

So I’d be grateful for any comments, info, photos and comparison shots with standard Empire troops – would hate to buy them unseen and find they were more compatible with AoS Stormcast Eternals.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
Re: Astra Telepathica Sisters of Silence
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 10:03:49 AM »
I've assembled five of them [got them in the Pospero box set]. There are several options in the kit and not much 'sci fi' detail on them. You could assemble them as great swords if you wanted, just don't use the arms that have guns in their hands

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 06:13:46 PM »
Thanks for that.

I’ve a few figures from the Greatswords kit –but not enough for a unit. I’m just planning a few options for if or when I get time to build such a unit. With using AoS basing, and not having to rank up models I’d hoped I could use these figures as they have a more dynamic stance, although I recon I’ll have to do a bit more than sticking the spare sister’s heads on to make them look like a unified unit.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 02:25:37 PM »
I actually haven't thought about that - it seems like a really cool idea for a female warrior order, maybe aligned with Myrmidia, or even Sigmar. :Ohmy:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau