home

Author Topic: Stormcast Eternal Liberator (II)  (Read 2819 times)

Offline JAK

• Members
Stormcast Eternal Liberator (II)
« on: June 15, 2018, 06:31:54 PM »
When AoS was originally released our local GW ran a painting competition based on a free figure that had been given away with White Dwarf. To keep to the spirit of this competition I only used the kit parts which were cut and repositioned although I did use a spare head.

To mark the release of AoS Mk II they are holding another painting competition and have been giving out free figures, either built and primed ready to paint or as a sprue. Unfortunately it is the same figure. I have a sprue and as before I only really want to use the kit parts but I’m having difficulty in planning cuts and changes – everything I can think of so far is the same as I did on the original figure.

Looking for ideas from anyone who may have converted this figure – I am tempted now to cut the shield off the arm as I think I may now be able to recreate the glove.

Figure has to be built and painted by 30 June.

Offline JAK

• Members
Re: Stormcast Eternal Liberator (II)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 08:08:40 AM »
The start – kit has been removed from the sprue and all parts cleaned up. Have been a little bit careless with the knife but think everything will go back together. Not brave enough to cut the shield off the arm yet. (but may not have too.)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 11:53:43 AM »
Good job :eusa_clap:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »
Another head swap? Any add on bits? Make him a standard bearer with the old plastic standard bearer piece with the grim reaper thingy or add the mechanical cherub?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 07:57:09 AM »
That's weird our local GW store gave away a new Sequitor model for the release of AoS2, not another old Liberator.

Which is also needed as the damn new box includes 8! Sequitors.. Ones that need to be fielded in multiples of 3  :dry:
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 08:28:31 AM »
Nice throwback to the old Mentor Legion of ancient days. I dig the colors of this mini. :eusa_clap:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 09:14:26 AM »
Nearly finished building, but as I forgot to do a WiP for some Wild West Exodus K9 Gun dogs I’m also doing, I thought I take some now I’ve remembered. The figure used only the parts from the kit until I came to the weapon – the hammer looks so puny. I found this axe thing in the spares box which fits the bill and it reminded me of a replacement halo I could use on his head.

Thanks for your comments.

I believe the store gave this figure to anyone who wanted one but told those who they knew would paint and enter their competition that they’d get a reward for doing so perhaps that will be the new figure?

Not just any old Mentor but the original founder of the Legion :icon_smile: – who may be about to get a companion. (I like the Mentor colours and you may remember I’ve used in the past for the odd Space Marine I’ve built and painted – these Stormcast figures stand head and shoulders above the marines!)

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 06:09:42 AM »
Is it just me, or is slipping away?
"OMS*, this is slippery."

*Oh My Sigmar
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 02:22:21 PM »
Liberator finished.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 10:18:41 AM »
I love how he is standing on the hammer like “I’m not using one of those worthless things”.
Well done!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 01:02:11 PM »
Skull-McFace works surprisingly well as a Stormcast. Would love to see more of these. :smile2:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau